oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Cardiff 2-0 (Tavernier, McGree)

1 minute ago, White Band said:

I thought I was reading an updated table, but wasn't. I saw QPR 1 point behind us and wanted them to drop points as well.

In that case I’d still want them to win. Regardless we probably have to win both our games to stand a chance. 

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We were 2-0 up and watmore was gassed and he wanted someone to do the same chasing and harrying job that he did for the last 10 mins. The sub made PERFECT sense to anyone not blinded by prejudice. 

A win is a win. At this stage of the season especially. Everyone was saying before the game they'd take a 1-0 win with a goal off someone's ***, so hard to believe the negativity on here! A comfortabl

Good result, another lack lustre performance though.  Embarrassing and cringeworthy from the fans who were booing Connolly. Honestly wow. Do us a favour and don’t turn up to the Stoke game 👍🏼 ***

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Happy with the win but how poor of a watch was that for the spectacle.

Look like a team tgat doesn't want the play offs! Any other team in the league in our position would of went out for the kill when the 2nd went in as Cardiff were terrible all round and stopped tracking runners.

People will say professional performance but I disagree. It was there to really put a stamp down on our ambitions with a convicing exciting performance and we didn't capitalise on that. Fans would of really got on board with a positive performance but it was completely flat

Obviously happy with the 3pts but our strikers all look disinterested other than Watmore who runs around alot but offers nothing else.

Totally agree with this. A wins a win but goal difference could have massively gone into our favour tonight but now I feel Sheffield United have to lose one of their last 2 games whereas a draw might have been enough.

9 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Big win and we've closed the goal difference on Sheff Utd. 

I'm just gonna enjoy the result rather than worry about whether we're good enough for the playoffs. 

We only halved the goal difference. If it comes down to goal difference you’d imagine that Sheffield wins one of the matches and in that case we still have to catch at least three goals. We should have had at least one more goal tonight and I was disappointed that we didn’t really show much desire for it. It was just walking pace. 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, kentucky said:

Tavernier should stop taking corner kicks , because when he shoots on goal he gets mixed up

He did literally score from range in this exact game

• Like 2
Just now, White Band said:

If we were to scrape into the playoffs and Forest stayed 3rd, would Spence be illegible against us again? 

Yes.

On the basis of tonight's game though, I don't think we're getting in the playoffs.

If we do, I think we'll get hammered.

• Like 3

If these performances were under Pulis or Warnock there would be meltdowns on Social Media.

Despite our spiritless performance we somehow managed to beat a side that was even worse than us. As unconvinced by what I'm witnessing on the pitch I'm less than convinced or enamoured by what I'm seeing in the dugout. Is it the Chicken or the Egg? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Yes.

On the basis of tonight's game though, I don't think we're getting in the playoffs.

If we do, I think we'll get hammered.

I don't expect us to get into the playoffs either!  Stoke and Preston are not easy games, especially with our players lacking desire.  However, the playoffs are a bit like cup matches and our players do seem to be more motivated for those.

Happy we got 3 points, this was thankfully was against a poor side as they didn't really have much threat. Second half was a lot better particularly with movement going forward.

This has to now give us a lift and get us to start the game more like the second half against Stoke start the game like this one and we will get beat as Stoke better side than Cardiff.