oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Cardiff 2-0 (Tavernier, McGree)

no energy and no quality tonight, never got out of second gear. Only real positives are the win obviously, and also i doubt plays will be tired for saturday cause that game was played at the pace of a pre season friendly.

Hopefully QPR will do us a favour on friday and then we can really go into saturday knowing we have a great chance.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We were 2-0 up and watmore was gassed and he wanted someone to do the same chasing and harrying job that he did for the last 10 mins. The sub made PERFECT sense to anyone not blinded by prejudice. 

A win is a win. At this stage of the season especially. Everyone was saying before the game they'd take a 1-0 win with a goal off someone's ***, so hard to believe the negativity on here! A comfortabl

Good result, another lack lustre performance though.  Embarrassing and cringeworthy from the fans who were booing Connolly. Honestly wow. Do us a favour and don’t turn up to the Stoke game 👍🏼 ***

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Very happy with the win, performance wasn't great.

I really am embarrassed by the boos though, small wonder Connolly walked straight down the tunnel at full time.

I don't think any of the loan strikers are good enough, but our fans are morons at times.

Our home crowd is very antsy at the best of times. Moans and groans start so quickly compared to other places. Always feels that way to me when I go up anyway.

Booing him does seem weird though, even for our fans. Especially as his only crime is just not being very good... Far worse players have pulled on our shirt and put in far less effort. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

If these performances were under Pulis or Warnock there would be meltdowns on Social Media.

Despite our spiritless performance we somehow managed to beat a side that was even worse than us. As unconvinced by what I'm witnessing on the pitch I'm less than convinced or enamoured by what I'm seeing in the dugout. Is it the Chicken or the Egg? 

I disagree. While it wasn't our best performance, we had our moments. I could not stand to watch us under Pulis and Warnock to the point of not renewing my I-Follow subscription at the start of the season. 

Some of our players are still showing poor decision making in the final third. 

• Like 1

We just seem to have run out of energy since the Chelsea game, almost as if we are running up an ever increasing incline, perhaps too many games in too short a time has taken it’s toll

• Like 1

Another poor performance and I have to say a question mark against Wilder.

The players went out there like it was preseason and this has been the case for the last 4 or 5 games and nothing is changing.

I would probably excuse Watmore and McGree from that criticism. They put a shift in. 

The positives are that we got three points, 2 goals and 1 clean sheet. hopefully that breeds a bit of confidence and if QPR can do us a favour it could put us in the driving seat.

Big win, but the performance was pretty poor. They said on commentary a lot that it was all very flat and it genuinely was.

The striking unit will be ripped up in the summer, but tonight at times really hammered home how lacking our options are. Biggest example was that ball Jones played between Watmore and Balogun at 0-0, perfect place for a ball in to go, and neither had the sense to gamble and expect it there.

• Like 2

I think the Boos were directed at the "tactical" decision to put him on as much as the lad himself. In fact I'd go further and say that the fans were revolting. The performance against Peterborough just covered up cracks. Nothing since including tonight has convinced me otherwise. 

Could Wilder have managed a flatter performance if he tried? This is now do or die territory. Tonight was another big question mark in my book. If you can't motivate what you have at this stage something isn't right.

Looking at remaining fixtures, we need to win both our games (unlikely! ) and have Bournemouth win both theirs (entirely possible) and Fulham beat Sheffield United (also possible).  I don't expect us to do it, though.

9 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

Booing Connolly is embarrassing from our fans 

Yeah.i've been one of his biggest critics on here but booing your own player is ridiculous.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I think the Boos were directed at the "tactical" decision to put him on as much as the lad himself. In fact I'd go further and say that the fans were revolting. The performance against Peterborough just covered up cracks. Nothing since including tonight has convinced me otherwise. 

Could Wilder have managed a flatter performance if he tried? This is now do or die territory. Tonight was another big question mark in my book. If you can't motivate what you have at this stage something isn't right.

No, they were aimed at him.

It's happened every time he's came on at home for weeks.

It was just louder than ever today.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Wilder is determined not to play Payero. Said in his pressers that Payero  had a part to play. Crooks will be back v Stoke, so Payero may get a 10 minute cameo.

• Sad 1
24 minutes ago, Borodane said:

We only halved the goal difference. If it comes down to goal difference you’d imagine that Sheffield wins one of the matches and in that case we still have to catch at least three goals. We should have had at least one more goal tonight and I was disappointed that we didn’t really show much desire for it. It was just walking pace. 

We've closed a 4 goal gap to two goals, its not the worst night of the season. 

3 minutes ago, Duvel said:

We've closed a 4 goal gap to two goals, its not the worst night of the season. 

Yeah after the last few weeks getting the 3 points is all that matters. Couple of goals and a clean sheet is just a bonus.

Yes the performance was far from perfect but if Sheffield United lose on Friday and we win our last 2 we will almost definitely get 6th.

• Like 2