oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Cardiff 2-0 (Tavernier, McGree)

24 minutes ago, Aphex_Boro said:

Yeah after the last few weeks getting the 3 points is all that matters. Couple of goals and a clean sheet is just a bonus.

Yes the performance was far from perfect but if Sheffield United lose on Friday and we win our last 2 we will almost definitely get 6th.

Why almost? 

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We were 2-0 up and watmore was gassed and he wanted someone to do the same chasing and harrying job that he did for the last 10 mins. The sub made PERFECT sense to anyone not blinded by prejudice. 

A win is a win. At this stage of the season especially. Everyone was saying before the game they'd take a 1-0 win with a goal off someone's ***, so hard to believe the negativity on here! A comfortabl

Good result, another lack lustre performance though.  Embarrassing and cringeworthy from the fans who were booing Connolly. Honestly wow. Do us a favour and don’t turn up to the Stoke game 👍🏼 ***

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

We were 2-0 up and watmore was gassed and he wanted someone to do the same chasing and harrying job that he did for the last 10 mins. The sub made PERFECT sense to anyone not blinded by prejudice. 

You mean prejudice like Marvin Johnson received?

• Confused 1
18 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

So how do you think Wilder feels when a large section of the fan base ridicule his decision?

Wilder was joining in with the booing 

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

You mean prejudice like Marvin Johnson received?

I don't remember Johnson ever being booed onto the pitch.

Mate have your opinion on a player all you like, you and many others have voiced that plenty and that's fine. But to boo/defend booing a player onto the pitch is destructive not just to the player but to the team. It's low and the antithesis of what a fan should be. 

• Like 7
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Did Wilder kill your dog or something? What gives?

Nope, I just think he has gone off the boil, like Jones as just one example. If Connolly is getting flak then he has to hold his hand up for his sides tactics and insipid performances.

• Haha 1
Just now, Neverbefore said:

I don't remember Johnson ever being booed onto the pitch.

Mate have your opinion on a player all you like, you and many others have voiced that plenty and that's fine. But to boo/defend booing a player onto the pitch is destructive not just to the player but to the team. It's low and the antithesis of what a fan should be. 

Read what I have written. I have most definitely not condoned booing Connolly tonight. I think your own prejudice is colouring what you think I wrote. My ire is very much aimed at the dugout. 

13 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Oh my God!  Now you want to have a ménage à trois with Wilder and Connolly 😁

Connolly got booed when the subs were announced before the game but booing before he came on was noticeably louder. I'm sure that will do wonders for the lads confidence! 

Having watched him for several games he plays on the shoulder of the last defender and the lad makes some good early runs but often the pass isn't made or goes sideways and he has to check his run.

The most frustrating part of his game is the falling over and not getting free kicks so we lose momentum. 

The kid doesn't deserve booing, and the constant changing of stike partners isn't going to help him find any rhythm.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, DevKWat said:

Hopefully Crooks has benefited from the time away and comes back in fresh back to his best 

With how McGree has played in his absence does he even get back in the team straight away?

26 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Why would Cooper mix it up if what he is doing is working. He has changed what went before, the difference is he has maintained his trajectory, indeed even refined and improved further while we have gone backwards and bizarrely still keep repeating it.

Why would Wilder mix it up if it is working, if you stretch out Wilder's results to a full season we'd be sitting 5th right now. We have obvious holes in our squad and he's turned us into a playoff team. We've had some poor games the 5 before this, but considering we played the top 3 teams in the division and only deserved to lose the once in all of those games it has to be given to us as credit. 

The players look absolutely shot of energy and confidence at the moment, what can Wilder really do about that? 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

With how McGree has played in his absence does he even get back in the team straight away?

If I had it my way I would put Crooks up front with 1 of the others. Can hold it up, link play and is our joint top scorer. A lot more than any of the others can bring 

• Like 2