oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Cardiff 2-0 (Tavernier, McGree)

52 minutes ago, beanflickingchampion said:

Why almost? 

Hadn't looked at the numbers overly closely so wasn't 100% sure if it would be guaranteed in that scenario 

Edit: actually thought we were 3 points behind after tonight and not 2

Edited by Aphex_Boro
  • Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We were 2-0 up and watmore was gassed and he wanted someone to do the same chasing and harrying job that he did for the last 10 mins. The sub made PERFECT sense to anyone not blinded by prejudice. 

A win is a win. At this stage of the season especially. Everyone was saying before the game they'd take a 1-0 win with a goal off someone's ***, so hard to believe the negativity on here! A comfortabl

Good result, another lack lustre performance though.  Embarrassing and cringeworthy from the fans who were booing Connolly. Honestly wow. Do us a favour and don’t turn up to the Stoke game 👍🏼 ***

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Erimus 63 said:

Wilder is determined not to play Payero. Said in his pressers that Payero  had a part to play. Crooks will be back v Stoke, so Payero may get a 10 minute cameo.

I was so disappointed not to see Payero come on at 60 mins when we were cruising, he was stripped and ready - then Connolly is brought on. I did wonder if that was partly the reason for the boos. Seriously expect Payero to lose his place on the bench on Sat with Crooks back. And think he’ll be off in the summer. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Skinemrippers said:

I was so disappointed not to see Payero come on at 60 mins when we were cruising, he was stripped and ready - then Connolly is brought on. I did wonder if that was partly the reason for the boos. Seriously expect Payero to lose his place on the bench on Sat with Crooks back. And think he’ll be off in the summer. 

Again - he won't be off in the summer. We're not so stupid to splash 6m on him only to ship him off after a difficult first year in a new country, a lot of which he's spent injured anyway. He'll be here next season and if he isn't this club is even more stupid than I thought.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Blanco said:

If Sheff Utd draw 1-1 with QPR and we beat Stoke 2-0 it would put both of us on 70 points with 57 goals scored and 45 conceded. How weird would that be going into the last game of the season 

Does it go down to disciplinary record after that?

28 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Hopefully Crooks has benefited from the time away and comes back in fresh back to his best 

I'd rather McGree kept his place. We have benefited from his movement in the last couple of games.

Is this Redcar Rioja bloke Neil Warnock? Christ no wonder Wilder didn’t wish you well on your retirement. It’s bed time soon Neil, your on with Laura Woods in the morning. Goodnight god bless and thanks for Duncan Watmore x

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Again - he won't be off in the summer. We're not so stupid to splash 6m on him only to ship him off after a difficult first year in a new country, a lot of which he's spent injured anyway. He'll be here next season and if he isn't this club is even more stupid than I thought.

I really hope you’re right. 

The whole place just feels really flat right now which is ridiculous when we’re two games from possible playoffs. Compare to how the whole place was bouncing and united after the Spurs match, players, manager and fans all in sync and it really felt we were going places. Since the Chelsea match (and actually during that match) the belief seems to have gone, the crowd have gone quiet and it’s all just a bit meh. Compare that to Forest, great performance in their loss to Liverpool but have kept all momentum and look like they could go up automatically now. 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I really hope you’re right. 

The whole place just feels really flat right now which is ridiculous when we’re two games from possible playoffs. Compare to how the whole place was bouncing and united after the Spurs match, players, manager and fans all in sync and it really felt we were going places. Since the Chelsea match (and actually during that match) the belief seems to have gone, the crowd have gone quiet and it’s all just a bit meh. Compare that to Forest, great performance in their loss to Liverpool but have kept all momentum and look like they could go up automatically now. 

It felt flat against Hull, when it was still 0-0 and it was still entirely in our hands and a win would have set us up for a great end to the season.

I think we just have to accept that sometimes the atmosphere isn't great in our ground, and our fans aren't as supportive as they can be.

The Red Faction are often great, but there are plenty of negative and short tempered fans that drag it down.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Moronic idiots for once again witnessing a Manager repeatedly putting on the same non scoring Striker but expecting something different?

Booing the lad isn't on despite how ineffective and disappointing he has been but a responsible Manager wouldn't put him in that situation.

Really poor man management from Wilder, just providing more ammo for those "morons" whilst destroying a player in his charge.

Hang on, is your argument here essentially that he should foresee that some idiots will boo his player coming onto the pitch and that he should not bring on his player because of it? Clutching a little there, don't you think? I get you don't like Connolly, I can't think of many Boro fans who do, myself included. But the idea a manager should not stick to his convictions because of a potential reaction that no player should ever really expect from their own fans is a bit mad.

• Like 2

Well, we won, so that was good.  Other than that there isn't a lot you can say really.  I don't think that anyone played especially well for us but I suppose nobody had a shocker either, and thankfully that was enough to get the job done tonight.  We basically needed four things to go in our favour starting with tonight and that's the first one out of the way 👍

• Like 1
3 hours ago, J.T. said:

By the way… what on earth has happened Jones? His decision making, final ball and confidence look shot!

Put a great ball in during the first half and nobody made a move for it.  Would have been a tap in. 🤷‍♂️

I think his confidence is just down at the moment, and he's probably overthinking things instead of just playing.

3 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Look like a team tgat doesn't want the play offs! Any other team in the league in our position would of went out for the kill when the 2nd went in as Cardiff were terrible all round and stopped tracking runners.

We were definitely flat but haven't Cardiff just lost narrowly to both Sheff Utd and Luton?  So other teams in our position haven't went for the kill, or they did a poor job of it if they did.  Bit like us really...

3 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

If these performances were under Pulis or Warnock there would be meltdowns on Social Media.

Despite our spiritless performance we somehow managed to beat a side that was even worse than us. As unconvinced by what I'm witnessing on the pitch I'm less than convinced or enamoured by what I'm seeing in the dugout. Is it the Chicken or the Egg? 

I don't know about social media but certainly there might be more criticism generally.  The only thing I'd say is that we won, and we're still in the fight, so that does make a difference.  If we'd played as we did tonight and lost then the reaction would obviously have been very different.  

3 hours ago, DevKWat said:

I think whoever is in 3rd batters us if we sneak in 

Maybe but say we do sneak in then maybe that lifts a weight or just gets people going again cos it looked like we were gonna miss out but ended up making it.  We've beaten all of the teams above us this season.  We'd obviously have to lift ourselves beyond what we're seeing at the moment.

Edited by Changing Times