oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Cardiff 2-0 (Tavernier, McGree)

14 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Been saying it all season!!! Crooks up front seems painfully obvious to me.

Best finisher at the club, best header too, plus if played on the right we still benefit from his slick link up play with Jones. Big enough to hit it long and hold it up when we need an out ball. Can win flick ons for one of Watmore/Connolly/Balogun to chase.

6 foot forward, and 2 steps back, nobody gets too far like that...

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We were 2-0 up and watmore was gassed and he wanted someone to do the same chasing and harrying job that he did for the last 10 mins. The sub made PERFECT sense to anyone not blinded by prejudice. 

A win is a win. At this stage of the season especially. Everyone was saying before the game they'd take a 1-0 win with a goal off someone's ***, so hard to believe the negativity on here! A comfortabl

Good result, another lack lustre performance though.  Embarrassing and cringeworthy from the fans who were booing Connolly. Honestly wow. Do us a favour and don’t turn up to the Stoke game 👍🏼 ***

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

20k Is poor, look back at our last promotion season.....12th April 7:45pm kick off against Reading who were in a similar position to Cardiff 24k

Was that Reading game live on Sky?

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Best finisher at the club, best header too, plus if played on the right we still benefit from his slick link up play with Jones. Big enough to hit it long and hold it up when we need an out ball. Can win flick ons for one of Watmore/Connolly/Balogun to chase.

Also means we can fit McGree into the starting line up over one of the useless forwards. 

Can't say I agree with your assessment of Crooks in the slightest but it can't hurt at this point to try him up there.

I'll be mighty peeved if he comes straight back in for Mcgree though after the shockers he's had for months.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Also means we can fit McGree into the starting line up over one of the useless forwards. 

Its certainly something I'd consider late in a game if we needed a goal. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, JonnyMFC said:

I fully appreciate that it shouldn't be, but it will!
Last night really shouldn't have been sub 20k fans in the ground with us in the position we are, but it was!

I think that the fans lost hope after the Hull game, maybe even before that, possibly Sheff Utd away?  Lets face it, the only reason we are still in with a shout is because others have also failed to capitalise. You might say "well, that is the nature of the championship" and you would be right, it is, but our abject performances on the run in have been bordering on dismal and for a lot of the fans that we we brought back into the stadium for the cup games there is no hope, no light at the end of the tunnel, no glimmer of a sparkling performance from anyone, either on the field or off!

Just for the record, I am hoping, I will be at both games and I do dare to dream, why? because I believe in Santa Claus!

The last four or five games have absolutely killed the wave of enthusiasm we had going into the end of the season. We were flying, nailed on for the play off and we've fallen off a cliff now with an outside chance of the play offs. There's no surprise the attendance and atmosphere was what it was last night.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Humpty said:

The last four or five games have absolutely killed the wave of enthusiasm we had going into the end of the season. We were flying, nailed on for the play off and we've fallen off a cliff now with an outside chance of the play offs. There's no surprise the attendance and atmosphere was what it was last night.

You can't overlook that the match was live on Sky. There'll be a decent crowd v Stoke if QPR do the buisness

• Like 4
2 hours ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

I honestly would like to see him given a go as a wide forward... just to see if he can do it. If not he can still be an asset in his usual role.

14 hours ago, J.T. said:

Wasted opportunity there. Cardiff were there to be hammered. Zero intensity. Zero quality (bar Tav’s finish). We don’t have a hope of making playoffs if we play like that for the remaining two games. And even if we do, we are way behind the other teams in the playoffs. 

Boro have wasted numerous opportunities of late...I don't think you can call last night one of them.

In the context of recent performances I'd say they did about as well as could be expected.

They got 3 points - don't know what more you could ask for.

14 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

More goals. Goal difference could very well play a part in deciding that last play off spot. Walk before you can run, by all means but you've got to roll the dice at some point. At 2-0 i didn't understand why we were time wasting.

22 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Boro have wasted numerous opportunities of late...I don't think you can call last night one of them.

In the context of recent performances I'd say they did about as well as could be expected.

I'd probably ask for us to create better chances. We scored from a 30yard strike that the keeper probably should do better with and a deflected cross. Other than that we probably had the mcgree header and the bamba miss hit at the back stick. Cardiff had 3 very good opportunities to score and hit the bar. It was a poor performance albeit I'm glad for the three points but I don't even think it papered over the cracks considering the opposition. We are playing like a bottom half side not playoff hopefuls.

• Like 1

That was a poor Cardiff side we should have been looking to build on our 2 goal lead and once again our forwards failed to score. We gave the ball away far to often and a better side with the same chances Cardiff had would have punished us, so thank god we were playing Cardiff,not a great performance but happy with the 3 points.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

That was a poor Cardiff side we should have been looking to build on our 2 goal lead and once again our forwards failed to score. We gave the ball away far to often and a better side with the same chances Cardiff had would have punished us, so thank god we were playing Cardiff,not a great performance but happy with the 3 points.

I wonder how Cardiff would want for Rubin Colwill. I was very impressed with him last night.

Just a wee side note - uche Ikpeazu can't get into that Cardiff side. That's all you need to know for his prospects of playing for us next season, as much as some people think he should.

7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Just a wee side note - uche Ikpeazu can't get into that Cardiff side. That's all you need to know for his prospects of playing for us next season, as much as some people think he should.

Hugill is a better striker than Ikpeazu so I'm not surprised he's not the first choice target man. If Wilder is here next season there's zero chance Uche will be playing for us. 

1 hour ago, Humpty said:

More goals. Goal difference could very well play a part in deciding that last play off spot. Walk before you can run, by all means but you've got to roll the dice at some point. At 2-0 i didn't understand why we were time wasting.

Ah - you're one of the believers. 😄

I gave up on the play-offs some time ago. Frankly I'm just happy we won. Don't think either Wilder or the players have that mentality to go for goals.