• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We were 2-0 up and watmore was gassed and he wanted someone to do the same chasing and harrying job that he did for the last 10 mins. The sub made PERFECT sense to anyone not blinded by prejudice. 

A win is a win. At this stage of the season especially. Everyone was saying before the game they'd take a 1-0 win with a goal off someone's ***, so hard to believe the negativity on here! A comfortabl

Good result, another lack lustre performance though.  Embarrassing and cringeworthy from the fans who were booing Connolly. Honestly wow. Do us a favour and don’t turn up to the Stoke game 👍🏼 ***

Posted Images

Talking points

1. Does anyone still think we can still make the play offs.

Despicable Me Reaction GIF

2. Which 2 will be drawn out the hat to make the forward line against Cardiff?

Lottery Lotto GIF

...and the winning numbers are...26 and 11 (Connolly and Sporar).

3. Will we ever get a player to score 20 in a season again?

Lisa Kudrow Jewish GIF by The Comeback HBO

While it would be nice to have another Bamford or Britt (on his good seasons), its not strictly necessary for a successful team. In recent years Boro have done okay from sharing the goals around the team.

4. Are we more of a threat of scoring from a goal kick or a corner kick?

1e286966469d2aef3fe05579437e4bf414be39b8

I wouldn't like to say but lately Daniels has looked more like scoring than any of our strikers or set piece takers. Though it we had Toni Kroos we'd have a great corner taker.

5. What are your unpopular football opinions? One of mine is Roberto Carlos wasn't great at set pieces. 

story_half_width.jpg

Are you suggesting he was helped by Uri Geller to get that much bend on his kicks? 😁

Anyway, I've got a few...

- Southgate should have been given more time after we got relegated.

- Boro haven't had any really good kits since 2004.

- Its better to get promoted when you're actually ready to go up (i.e. don't need to blow a load of money on new players on big wages).

- Clubs should invest more in their academies to increase the amount of homegrown talent that actually makes the first team.

32 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Anything less than a perfect performance simply will not do and this is the concern.

Massive game

3pts no matter what for me.

Will take a 94th minute own goal attributed to Connolly cause he happened to be standing near him.

Edited by GrimsbyBoro
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
Just now, GrimsbyBoro said:

3pts no matter what for me.

Will take a 94th minute goal attributed to Connolly cause he happened to be standing near him.

I was gonna go for a 93rd minute goal that's 5 yards offside but yeah same.  Just need to win somehow.

• Like 1

No

I really hope to see Coburn start with Watmore or Balogun. 

Honestly I can't see it especially not with 532. 

Can't split them.

5. What are your unpopular football opinions? One of mine is Roberto Carlos wasn't great at set pieces.

Chris Wilder is overrated and overlapping cbs is a *** tactic.

Andras Sporar is ***. 

Hayden Coulson should be given a chance as a backup lwb next season if Wilder is still here. 

Jose Mourinho has been the best manager in terms of his achievements in modern times or say the premier league era. 

Great vid @smogsterking the Inspirati, nice one although I've now got that bloody 'our song' Simon Bates tune in my head, arghh

Yes, but no. No. Definitely not - we're not ready. Would rather go up automatically next season

Balogun and Connelly - both scored last time they played together

Nah, spread out the goals

LOL - er, neither. Goal kick

Lumley is a great sweeper-keeper (or 'was' if he never plays for us again), De Roon was criminally underrated in our last prem season

Must win game this one. Would be nice to get a few goals to get nearer Sheffield so we can live with them drawing one of their remaining games. But I suppose just winning would be nice to keep the season going. 

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Cardiff 2-0 (Tavernier, McGree)