oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Cardiff 2-0 (Tavernier, McGree)

Wasted opportunity there. Cardiff were there to be hammered. Zero intensity. Zero quality (bar Tav’s finish). We don’t have a hope of making playoffs if we play like that for the remaining two games. And even if we do, we are way behind the other teams in the playoffs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We were 2-0 up and watmore was gassed and he wanted someone to do the same chasing and harrying job that he did for the last 10 mins. The sub made PERFECT sense to anyone not blinded by prejudice. 

A win is a win. At this stage of the season especially. Everyone was saying before the game they'd take a 1-0 win with a goal off someone's ***, so hard to believe the negativity on here! A comfortabl

Good result, another lack lustre performance though.  Embarrassing and cringeworthy from the fans who were booing Connolly. Honestly wow. Do us a favour and don’t turn up to the Stoke game 👍🏼 ***

Posted Images

Good result, another lack lustre performance though. 

Embarrassing and cringeworthy from the fans who were booing Connolly. Honestly wow. Do us a favour and don’t turn up to the Stoke game 👍🏼 ***

• Like 9
  • Wow 1

Nice to get rid of the run without a win at home done but we really should have gone for it more tonight we laboured to a 2-0 win whereas with a bit more tempo could have been got the goal difference in our favour. We are now probably relying on Sheffield United losing one of their last 2. 

Jones needs to stop looking for fouls and diving. He has shown he is good enough and its almost as if he has lost the confidence to actually shoot. 

I am now a QPR and Fulham fan for a couple of weeks.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Cardiff 2-0 (Tavernier, McGree)

Very happy with the win, performance wasn't great.

I really am embarrassed by the boos though, small wonder Connolly walked straight down the tunnel at full time.

I don't think any of the loan strikers are good enough, but our fans are morons at times.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Wasted opportunity there. Cardiff were there to be hammered. Zero intensity. Zero quality (bar Tav’s finish). We don’t have a hope of making playoffs if we play like that for the remaining two games. And even if we do, we are way behind the other teams in the playoffs. 

Cunning ploy

6 minutes ago, J.T. said:

By the way… what on earth has happened Jones? His decision making, final ball and confidence look shot!

Looks a different player doesn't he

Not sure what's gone on there

• Like 1

Happy with the win but how poor of a watch was that for the spectacle.

Look like a team tgat doesn't want the play offs! Any other team in the league in our position would of went out for the kill when the 2nd went in as Cardiff were terrible all round and stopped tracking runners.

People will say professional performance but I disagree. It was there to really put a stamp down on our ambitions with a convicing exciting performance and we didn't capitalise on that. Fans would of really got on board with a positive performance but it was completely flat

Obviously happy with the 3pts but our strikers all look disinterested other than Watmore who runs around alot but offers nothing else.

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Not if we win our games. We need Sheffield to lose as we might not better their goal difference. 

I thought I was reading an updated table, but wasn't. I saw QPR 1 point behind us and wanted them to drop points as well.

Not great but good enough.cant understand why we never really pushed for more goals to improve the goal difference but a win's a win. The 3 points will improve the confidence levels as well. Howsoninho my MOTM

• Like 1