oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Stoke 3-1 (Crooks (2) Baker OG)

oh, Mogga, you prophet.   it really does turn out to be a case of  "it is what it is". we havent been good enough or consistant enough and certainly not proactive enough in terms of taking the games to the opposition in the vast majority of games and as a result we are where we are and deserve to be. at the moment it feels like were a wounded or dying animal just waiting to be put out of its misery but as the saying goes... its the faith that kills you. any long standing boro fan can smell the outcome of this season , we dont seize opportunities and will fall short. to be honest a final placing of 7th,8th or 9th would be a great end position bearing in mind some of the poorer spells weve had and the turmoil manager wise . with togetherness, a more positive approach and the luck with injuries, fixture schedule plus good signings im confident play offs wont even have to be a back up plan next season. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great result today folks, and good luck for the last game of  the season. I really thought Stoke would prove more difficult for you today, their recent form putting them in the top six, so totally wro

Nice touch from Wilder   

He may be a kid, but he still needs to learn the difference between right and wrong, and that includes not running onto the pitch in the middle of football matches he is watching.  We can't be certain

Posted Images

I still can’t really believe we aren’t in a position where play offs are already delivered and signed for, only got ourselves to blame for some ridiculous results 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Good post that @BoroAbroad. Sums up my sentiments despite there being some disappointment there obviously.

Expectations are highter for next season though on back of this season. Probably not as high as @Blanco who will be declaring us champions elect in 3 weeks. Regardless of what division we are in. Haha.

Spot on @TLF10 Going up as champions 💪…….. Next season 😂

Lovely day for last day of the season. Hopefully everyone on and off the pitch gives it their all. We know something odd will happen. Probably Bournemouth not getting promoted but you never know.

Worst case scenario Mackems win the play offs and we play them twice next season. Which would be nice. Bizarrely Sunderland and Newcastle are 2 grounds my 13 year old has never been to.

9 hours ago, beanflickingchampion said:

This is my exact team, Crooks further forward with other forwards not firing, get plenty of crosses into their box.

I would change it slightly. Tav to LWB, Payero on right mid and Coburn up top. Watmore to come on and get the 4th.

• Like 2

I'll be watching the scores come in from the final day of League One before heading to the ground today.

Hopefully Sunderland *** up and miss out so I have something to enjoy even if we *** up and miss out. 

1 hour ago, edinboro said:

Lovely day for last day of the season. Hopefully everyone on and off the pitch gives it their all. We know something odd will happen. Probably Bournemouth not getting promoted but you never know.

Worst case scenario Mackems win the play offs and we play them twice next season. Which would be nice. Bizarrely Sunderland and Newcastle are 2 grounds my 13 year old has never been to.

It's not the last day of the season in the Championship, it is the last day of the season for League One though

14 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'll be watching the scores come in from the final day of League One before heading to the ground today.

Hopefully Sunderland *** up and miss out so I have something to enjoy even if we *** up and miss out. 

Haha. Ah I want Sunderland to come up myself. Adds a bit more excitment the league for us if we in same league. Wigan, Rotherham and Sunderland via play offs for me.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Some right fannies about because Sheffield United won 😂

If we don't win today, it's factually over, if we do, it goes to a last day shootout.

It's the same situation as before.

I'd have more faith in a Fulham with little to play for beating them than a QPR with little to play for.

It's not the best situation it could be, though. Those 3 more points take it out of our hands. Them losing last night would have put the rest of the season, incredibly, entirely back in our hands. That's not something to write off even if it does lead to a similar end day scenario.

I've felt a few times that it's over for us and I think a dip in form for others have somehow kept us in it. Last night was an indication, not just in terms of the result but the performance, of who will finish in the playoffs. Bear in mind that despite our midweek result, our performance was not exactly much improved. I foresee them beating Fulham quite comfortably to be honest.

Just for me personally, I'm not feeling right now is the time I want to get my hopes up when I've said multiple times that I'm pretty happy for us not to finish top 6 this season. I'm still looking forward to next season, I still think our squad and team will look a whole lot better with a summer to build on the progress we've made. It's not all doom and gloom, I just feel like I'm ready to wind down from this season, to enjoy the last couple of games without worrying what it means.

If we do somehow make it then fair enough, maybe I should have had more faith.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Not wanting a second helping of wilderball next season?

16 hours ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Not wanting a second helping of wilderball next season?

To be honest I've supported the club through thick and thin, there's a lot of stuff going on at the club doesn't sit well with me the biggest con is the early bird season ticket prices, why should any present season ticket holder pay anymore because they didn't take their ticket out by 15th April. The email the club send should read "Season ticket by 15th April or be penalised" and why should new season ticket applicants be charged more than present season ticket holders, the club should be grateful to have them as supporters.

I can afford the season ticket thats not a problem,but after watching crap football under Monk, Pulis, Woodgate and Warnock and for ther most part absolute garbage player recruitment the reward for that is another £30 added to a season ticket that was already a lot more than most Championship clubs.

Its never been a fan friendly club and a chairman who supposedly champions the area about jobs and economy and charges his fans PL prices for Championship football, absolute hypocrite. For me the blind loyalty I've shown over the years has gone and I never thought I would say that but the penny's finally dropped for me.

1. What has been your moment of the season?

Tough to choose between beating Man Utd on penalties at Old Trafford or Spurs at home. Both are season highlights for me.

2. Do you think QPR or Fulham will get a result for us and will we get the 6 points needed?

Well we already know about QPR, but I reckon Fulham are nailed on to beat Luton at home. 

Boro OTOH definitely won't get 6 points from their matches.

3. You are held hostage you have 90minutes before they execute you. You have the choice of Warnock or Pulis to lead a team to rescue you who do you pick? Or have you already accepted your life is over.

angry give up GIF

4. What changes do you make to the team if any?

I'd bring Fry back, but who do you leave out of midfield to accommodate Crooks (unless we go with the genius strategy of playing him up front)?

5.  Do you have any obscure football facts?

Nah, I'm not that much of an anorak. I'm a strictly casual fan. 😁 Though I may turn up something when I do my stat dump.

14 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

1. What has been your moment of the season?

Tough to choose between beating Man Utd on penalties at Old Trafford or Spurs at home. Both are season highlights for me.

2. Do you think QPR or Fulham will get a result for us and will we get the 6 points needed?

Well we already know about QPR, but I reckon Fulham are nailed on to beat Luton at home. 

Boro OTOH definitely won't get 6 points from their matches.

3. You are held hostage you have 90minutes before they execute you. You have the choice of Warnock or Pulis to lead a team to rescue you who do you pick? Or have you already accepted your life is over.

angry give up GIF

4. What changes do you make to the team if any?

I'd bring Fry back, but who do you leave out of midfield to accommodate Crooks (unless we go with the genius strategy of playing him up front)?

5.  Do you have any obscure football facts?

Nah, I'm not that much of an anorak. I'm a strictly casual fan. 😁 Though I may turn up something when I do my stat dump.

We don't. He has been absolute garbage for ages and Mcgree has done half decent. 

• Like 1

Alrighty, I'm here to deliver the good news!

Overall:      W42  D23  L36

Home:       W31  D11  L8

Away:          W11  D12  L28

Stoke haven't enjoyed much success on Teesside. In their last 10 visits, stretching back to 12th December 1987, Boro's record against them reads W6 D1 L3.

Combine that with the teams' home and away form this season and we're looking at a guaranteed 3 points...surely? Though the visitors do have better recent form:

Boro (Home):      W12  D1  L6      Last 5: LDLDW

Stoke (Away):      W6   D5  L8       Last 5: LWLWW

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Stoke 3-1 (Crooks (2) Baker OG)