oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Stoke 3-1 (Crooks (2) Baker OG)

How bothered would you expect Fulham to be about these games? I can see them performing in their last home game but not perhaps away in the final game of the season?

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great result today folks, and good luck for the last game of  the season. I really thought Stoke would prove more difficult for you today, their recent form putting them in the top six, so totally wro

Nice touch from Wilder   

He may be a kid, but he still needs to learn the difference between right and wrong, and that includes not running onto the pitch in the middle of football matches he is watching.  We can't be certain

Posted Images

Just need Luton to lose against Fulham and the final day is going to be interesting. If either of Luton or Sheffield draw on the final day we “just” need a two goal win. Very interesting indeed and much mor than I hoped for under Warnock. Come on Fulham. Two big games to see out the season. 

Well that late disappointment aside, it was still a good performance from the lads. Been a while since we got 3 goals in a game. Could and should have had more...but then thats the story of Boro's season.

After the first 20 minutes it looked like my worst fears were realised and we'd have to grind out a 0-0 draw. Credit to Boro though, they found ways to open up Stoke's defence and controlled the game pretty well after establishing a 2-0 lead.

Was surprised how little threat Stoke offered. Had a few efforts go wide, but Daniels wasn't called on very often. Wasn't until the closing stages of the game they applied any sustained pressure. Frustrated, but not overly surprised we conceded very late on. We are prone to defensive lapses...

All in all happy with the performance and result. Wouldn't have been that unhappy with a draw and would have snapped your hand off for any kind of win beforehand.

GD means its still going to be a tough ask to leapfrog Sheffield (assuming they draw their final game), but it was always going to be a tall order to make up all the ground we lost with previous poor results.

Edited by AnglianRed
got carried away thinking Sheff Utd need to win their final game
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Well that late disappointment aside, it was still a good performance from the lads. Been a while since we got 3 goals in a game. Could and should have had more...but then thats the story of Boro's season.

After the first 20 minutes it looked like my worst fears were realised and we'd have to grind out a 0-0 draw. Credit to Boro though, they found ways to open up Stoke's defence and controlled the game pretty well after establishing a 2-0 lead.

Was surprised how little threat Stoke offered. Had a few efforts go wide, but Daniels wasn't called on very often. Wasn't until the closing stages of the game they applied any sustained pressure. Frustrated, but not overly surprised we conceded very late on. We are prone to defensive lapses...

All in all happy with the performance and result. Wouldn't have been that unhappy with a draw and would have snapped your hand off for any kind of win beforehand.

GD means its still going to be a tough ask to leapfrog Sheffield (assuming they win their final game), but it was always going to be a tall order to make up all the ground we lost with previous poor results.

We need Sheffield to lose, or draw if we can get enough goals. They are 2 points ahead, so it is impossible for us if they win.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

How bothered would you expect Fulham to be about these games? I can see them performing in their last home game but not perhaps away in the final game of the season?

I'd expect them to be VERY bothered. They want to go up as champions, but Bournemouth are only 5 points behind and could mathematically catch them.

• Like 2

Annoying to concede late, but we got the win and which is important and we take it to the last day.Also, the late goal dosent change much, regardless we need luton and sheffield not to win on the final day. We still have to do the same job as before and go to preston and win.

Addtionally, Luton have a really tough away game to league leaders fulham who are looking to win the title at home and also have Mitrovic looking for to get the goals record, so i think theres a good chance they'll be up for it. 

Either way, if there was one side you'd want your rivals to play on the final day needing a win, it would be fulham, or perhaps forrest on current form.

1 minute ago, White Band said:

We need Sheffield to lose, or draw it we can get enough draws. They are 2 points ahead, so it is impossible for us if they win.

Lol - getting carried away there, thinking about Boro needing to win. I did mean if Sheffield draw their last game...which certainly is a real possibility.

11 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Just need Luton to lose against Fulham and the final day is going to be interesting. If either of Luton or Sheffield draw on the final day we “just” need a two goal win. Very interesting indeed and much mor than I hoped for under Warnock. Come on Fulham. Two big games to see out the season. 

I pretty sure that we only need two goals if it’s a 0-0 between Sheffield-Fulham. If they draw 1-1, 2-2, we need more then 2 goals. But if we score 3 then we would be above on goal difference anyway IF they draw. 
Basically 2 goals is enough if it is 0-0. 3 goals if there’s is a score draw. Or Sheffield lose and we win.

This is why that goal at the end is so ridiculously annoying to concede.