oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Stoke 3-1 (Crooks (2) Baker OG)

8 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Ladyspite has cheered me up there actually.

There are now 3 permutations where we can overtake Sheffield United.

Win and they lose.

Win and they draw 0-0 and we need to win by 2 clear goals.

Win and they score draw and we need to win by 3 clear goals.

Don’t we only need to win by 2 as long as we score two more than Sheffield. So if they draw 1-1 then winning 3-1 is enough. 

actually now I see this has already been done to death. A bitter blow that last minute but at least we are still in it which is the main thing. 

Edited by sackrobson2
  • Like 1
  • Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great result today folks, and good luck for the last game of  the season. I really thought Stoke would prove more difficult for you today, their recent form putting them in the top six, so totally wro

Nice touch from Wilder   

He may be a kid, but he still needs to learn the difference between right and wrong, and that includes not running onto the pitch in the middle of football matches he is watching.  We can't be certain

Posted Images

1 hour ago, sanddancer said:

Possibly some mobile stewards that can actually do there job would be start. 

Yeah Wilder needs to get that sorted for next season. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, sanddancer said:

Maybe that's why he wants Connolly back? "he does a job" he doesn't say which one though... 

6 hours ago, sanddancer said:

Stewards are on a hiding to nothing. Most get paid sod all for a few hours of work, from my experience. Pretty sure the ones who actually try to catch the odd nob get jeered for trying as they inevitably get given the slip. Not sure how well staffed the club is on this front either.

Best they can probably do is ban the daft gets, which sounds like what they've done.

• Like 1

I haven't had the time to read this thread .. But I watched the game on my phone in my car at a truck stop 😄

Tavernier was PERFECT as a wingback ..  That's where his real qualities show, and he dosn't look cluesless in the last third .. He linked up very well with McGree!  Tav's brother is a Euro League wingback, so it runs in the family! 

Crooks is a great finisher and therefore I would use him as a striker! 

Have a look at this side and tell me, if you also see the benefits it brings! 
image.png.b00657745481cccff479bfd0d2d7299e.png
Crooks can still link up with Jones and the Tav and McGree team work can continue on the other side of the pitch. 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

I haven't had the time to read this thread .. But I watched the game on my phone in my car at a truck stop 😄

Tavernier was PERFECT as a wingback ..  That's where his real qualities show, and he dosn't look cluesless in the last third .. He linked up very well with McGree!  Tav's brother is a Euro League wingback, so it runs in the family! 

Crooks is a great finisher and therefore I would use him as a striker! 

Have a look at this side and tell me, if you also see the benefits it brings! 
image.png.b00657745481cccff479bfd0d2d7299e.png
Crooks can still link up with Jones and the Tav and McGree team work can continue on the other side of the pitch. 

Its far too early for Payero to be in the team as a guaranteed first teamer.

There’s been flashes and one good 15 minutes from him.

I am yet to be convinced on him and neither have two managers. I honestly think if was called Smith and signed from the Scottish Championship the reception to him would be very different.

there’s possibly a player in there and hopefully a full preseason gets him firing.

• Like 2

I wouldn't be against playing Crooks as a striker either, think he's a bit too slow on the ball to play in midfield but he has good feet and clearly has an eye for goal 

The amount of moaning about square pegs and round holes 🤷‍♂️ Now we want a midfielder playing as a striker 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Blanco said:

The amount of moaning about square pegs and round holes 🤷‍♂️ Now we want a midfielder playing as a striker 🤦‍♂️

Sometimes it's good ... sometimes it's bad .. It depends on the player. 

I don't like "rules" and generalisations .. But in this instanse it gives meaning to use Crooks as a striker and Tav as a wingback .. 

We have struggled with strikers not scoring for a while .. How many can Crooks score in a full season as a striker?  As I said after seing him play a few matches .. He reminds me of Stuani! (don't make me find my post and quote it) 😛 They have similar body type and both "can" play midfield, but I guess their best position is as strikers!

Tav as a wingback is a no brainer ... 

Have another Guiness, mate 😉

I think Tav is probably better in left centre mid than he is as a wing back but that Tav-McGree-Howson-Crooks-Jones is our best midfield. 

Payero is nowhere near ready to start yet. Sporar did ok (which is about a 300% improvement on his last few games). I realised from Stoke that:

Coburn is a natural #9 playing advanced in the centre; that means he is really playing in Watmore's position although Watmore naturally drifts wide to run the channels. Wilder has tried to play Coburn as a #10 and it hasn't worked but Coburn could play the same role that Rhodes played for Huddersfield against us.

Sporar and Balogun are essentially #10s who can play deeper and link up quite well. For whatever reason, Wilder has lost confidence in Balogun. In theory Crooks could play that role but our best performances this season have come through his link up with Jones and Dijksteel on the right. Against Stoke, Wilder moved McGree into the #10 role and Coburn played as #9. In theory Payero could play the #10 role but I think it would be asking too much except in an emergency.

Not sure whether Crooks would be any good as an out and out striker especially with his back to goal, I think he would be wasted in that position and he certainly hasn't got the pace to get away from a defender.

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Sometimes it's good ... sometimes it's bad .. It depends on the player. 

I don't like "rules" and generalisations .. But in this instanse it gives meaning to use Crooks as a striker and Tav as a wingback .. 

We have struggled with strikers not scoring for a while .. How many can Crooks score in a full season as a striker?  As I said after seing him play a few matches .. He reminds me of Stuani! (don't make me find my post and quote it) 😛 They have similar body type and both "can" play midfield, but I guess their best position is as strikers!

Tav as a wingback is a no brainer ... 

Have another Guiness, mate 😉

Why thank you my friend, I don’t mind if I do. So….. we have a midfielder who is in double figures for goals. He is playing the game facing the goal and doing well. Now you want him to play with his back to the goal? It’s a different situation and if it doesn’t work, now we have no goals in the team at all 🤷‍♂️
Sorry mate that makes no sense to me at all