Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great result today folks, and good luck for the last game of  the season. I really thought Stoke would prove more difficult for you today, their recent form putting them in the top six, so totally wro

Nice touch from Wilder   

He may be a kid, but he still needs to learn the difference between right and wrong, and that includes not running onto the pitch in the middle of football matches he is watching.  We can't be certain

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Duvel said:

What did you want Wilder to do, put him over his knee? 

Get a steward (and the police if necessary) to remove the kid, and the adult responsible for him, from the stadium.  I'm glad if the club have suspended the Dad's ticket account because a clear message needs to be given that the kid's behaviour (and that of the Dad in encouraging it) was not acceptable. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Probably a question for the more analytical posters like CT, but what was everyone's opinion about Sporar today?

I genuinely thought he'd played quite poorly and had very little influence on the match, but Wilder was almost glowing about his performance in his press conference.

Did I miss something or is Wilder being daft there?

I thought Sporar worked hard today and often came short and kept the ball moving. Should and maybe could of scored today too. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Duvel said:

What did you want Wilder to do, put him over his knee? 

Thats what would've happened in the old days. But since you're not allowed to smack kids any more...especially other peoples'... 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I thought Sporar worked hard today and often came short and kept the ball moving. Should and maybe could of scored today too. 

When was that?

Not trying to deny your opinion, as I'm happy to admit I'm sometimes wrong about performances, but I can only remember his acrobatic effort where it was nowhere near the goal, but it was a half chance at best to begin with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, White Band said:

He may be a kid, but he still needs to learn the difference between right and wrong, and that includes not running onto the pitch in the middle of football matches he is watching.  We can't be certain either way, but it is possible that the kid's 'intervention' contributed to the loss of concentration immediately afterwards - which is when we conceded. Children need to be taught to be responsible for their actions; otherwise they will struggle to be responsible adults when they are older.

Unfortunately this is the kind of crap you get when the parents are basically overgrown kids with no more sense than their sprogs. 🙄

 

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

According to somebody on FMTTM, his Dad has been bragging about his son doing it on Facebook and has admitted that they've had their MFC ticketing accounts suspended because of it.

Then he's just as bad as his kid...small wonder he thought it was clever to run on the pitch if thats the kind of role model he's got. 🤦‍♂️ Glad to see the idiots got their accounts suspended...its the least they deserved.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

When was that?

Not trying to deny your opinion, as I'm happy to admit I'm sometimes wrong about performances, but I can only remember his acrobatic effort where it was nowhere near the goal, but it was a half chance at best to begin with.

He should of controlled it instead of volleying it, also I think (from the angle I seen anyway) the og was going straight at his head,  which you would expect him to of scored. But Lewis done it for him. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

He should of controlled it instead of volleying it, also I think (from the angle I seen anyway) the og was going straight at his head,  which you would expect him to of scored. But Lewis done it for him. 

Yeah, fair on the own goal, Baker only put it in to prevent it reaching Sporar. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fulham are going to be our second team for the remainder of the season with their home game against Luton on Monday night and then away to Sheffield United on Saturday. I'll be particularly hoping for Fulham to win Luton by two goals as that'll mean a draw against Reading won't be enough for them if we beat Preston. The Sky Bet odds of finishing in the play offs are: Luton 1/12, Sheffield United 1/6, Middlesbrough 2/1 & Millwall 100/1. That has tightened from pre kick-off odds of: Luton 1/25, Sheffield United 1/7, Middlesbrough 4/1, Blackburn 12/1 & Millwall 100/1. So Blackburn are obviously out of it and Luton are looking a bit less secure. We're still massive outsiders but we're still in with a decent chance thankfully.

I really like the look of our team with Tavernier at LWB, McGree at LCM and Crooks at RCM. Hopefully we have McNair back for next week to replace Peltier so that we can go with that attacking set up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rioch's Braves said:

 

To be honest I've supported the club through thick and thin, there's a lot of stuff going on at the club doesn't sit well with me the biggest con is the early bird season ticket prices, why should any present season ticket holder pay anymore because they didn't take their ticket out by 15th April. The email the club send should read "Season ticket by 15th April or be penalised" and why should new season ticket applicants be charged more than present season ticket holders, the club should be grateful to have them as supporters.

I can afford the season ticket thats not a problem,but after watching crap football under Monk, Pulis, Woodgate and Warnock and for ther most part absolute garbage player recruitment the reward for that is another £30 added to a season ticket that was already a lot more than most Championship clubs.

Its never been a fan friendly club and a chairman who supposedly champions the area about jobs and economy and charges his fans PL prices for Championship football, absolute hypocrite. For me the blind loyalty I've shown over the years has gone and I never thought I would say that but the penny's finally dropped for me.

I do understand the points you make and I reckon there's a fair few more people in the same boat. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, White Band said:

Get a steward (and the police if necessary) to remove the kid, and the adult responsible for him, from the stadium.  I'm glad if the club have suspended the Dad's ticket account because a clear message needs to be given that the kid's behaviour (and that of the Dad in encouraging it) was not acceptable. 

I'd give the Stewards tasers, if you don't want to get tasered kids then stay off the pitch. Its pretty simple. 

It would also be pretty entertaining for us older fans as well.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Duvel said:

What did you want Wilder to do, put him over his knee? 

You've got to give him a reducer, let him know who's boss.  Like this:

Or indeed, like this:

image.png.e2009ee3eed40ffea60eee8ea184932f.png

image.png.a5405ab00a79bb414d1cea38a6439c53.png

image.png.59c0165ca8e8730a7f338e9f23418cc1.png

Vinny knew the score 👍

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Probably a question for the more analytical posters like CT, but what was everyone's opinion about Sporar today?

I genuinely thought he'd played quite poorly and had very little influence on the match, but Wilder was almost glowing about his performance in his press conference.

Did I miss something or is Wilder being daft there?

Obviously the bar is about as low as it's ever been for our strikers but I thought he was decent today. For me, it was the link between midfield and attack, something Wilder tried to stick to when he brought him off and pushed McGree further up. Wasn't exceptional but I thought he looked better than he has done in his other recent appearances.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I anticipate the only change for Preston game will be Paddy for Peltier.

Wilder spoke highly of the 2 strikers so I imagine they keep they place and that is usually only area we are guessing each game.

The bench will remain the same with Peltier acting as the 19th man

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...