oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Stoke 3-1 (Crooks (2) Baker OG)

5 hours ago, Rob said:

Hardly a rip off if they give you a discount to commit slightly earlier, 

Why should you have to commit earlier to get a discount as long as you commit it should be exactly the same price, what about a fan who couldn't afford to pay for the season ticket in April but has the funds in say May or June, so they should be penalised with the extra price, and why should a new applicant pay more to watch the same games.  

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great result today folks, and good luck for the last game of  the season. I really thought Stoke would prove more difficult for you today, their recent form putting them in the top six, so totally wro

Nice touch from Wilder   

He may be a kid, but he still needs to learn the difference between right and wrong, and that includes not running onto the pitch in the middle of football matches he is watching.  We can't be certain

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Why should you have to commit earlier to get a discount as long as you commit it should be exactly the same price, what about a fan who couldn't afford to pay for the season ticket in April but has the funds in say May or June, so they should be penalised with the extra price, and why should a new applicant pay more to watch the same games.  

Businesses value cash flow and will often give discount on payments made for better payment terms and this is why the discount is made for early bird purchases. It sets them up for the summer to get an idea what renewals are going to be like, which can give a better indication of what they have to spend in transfer market. instead of not knowing and people holding out waiting to see what league we are in and who is signed.

Anyone who takes early bird has same 1 year to save up for the next ticket so its not like its a shock bill, and for every person that isn't in as good as cash position in that month as they are a few months later, you would probably find the number is similar for people who would have been better off to pay for it during the early bird period. That's also a period of the year that people who get bonus from work may get it paid as well. You could make same argument if people rather pay late july/august. What ever month will suit some people and not suit others as you cant please everyone. At least they are giving people a discount for early renewals, rather than just offering the standard prices for renewals and no early bird discount.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Rob said:

Businesses value cash flow and will often give discount on payments made for better payment terms and this is why the discount is made for early bird purchases. It sets them up for the summer to get an idea what renewals are going to be like, which can give a better indication of what they have to spend in transfer market. instead of not knowing and people holding out waiting to see what league we are in and who is signed.

Anyone who takes early bird has same 1 year to save up for the next ticket so its not like its a shock bill, and for every person that isn't in as good as cash position in that month as they are a few months later, you would probably find the number is similar for people who would have been better off to pay for it during the early bird period. That's also a period of the year that people who get bonus from work may get it paid as well. You could make same argument if people rather pay late july/august. What ever month will suit some people and not suit others as you cant please everyone. At least they are giving people a discount for early renewals, rather than just offering the standard prices for renewals and no early bird discount.

The early bird discount is a lot more than the standard price most Championship clubs are paying for their season tickets, it should be the same price for any Boro fan regardless of whether they are a newcomer or whenever they decide to take it out, I totally disagree with it and always have and thats my opinion, so we will agree to disagree. 

1 minute ago, Rioch's Braves said:

The early bird discount is a lot more than the standard price most Championship clubs are paying for their season tickets, it should be the same price for any Boro fan regardless of whether they are a newcomer or whenever they decide to take it out, I totally disagree with it and always have and thats my opinion, so we will agree to disagree. 

well its never gonna be the same price for all fans since they try to hold peoples original season ticket prices as best they can if they keep early birding, or that's what I always thought. 

So someone who been going for 10 years will always be paying less than someone of 2 years. When I used to have my ticket it was cheaper for someone I knew who had a ticket for dozen plus years than was for me and my son to get a ticket in family end

1 minute ago, Rob said:

well its never gonna be the same price for all fans since they try to hold peoples original season ticket prices as best they can if they keep early birding, or that's what I always thought. 

So someone who been going for 10 years will always be paying less than someone of 2 years. When I used to have my ticket it was cheaper for someone I knew who had a ticket for dozen plus years than was for me and my son to get a ticket in family end

Well I took my ticket out when we moved to the Riverside.