oneBoro Forum

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

As long as we win I don't really care, we'll have done all we could on the day and it'll just not have been in the stars for us.

Of course, if we hadn't needlessly dropped points to the likes of Barnsley, Swansea and Hull, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

I'm sure Sheffield United fans are pointing at similar fixtures they've dropped points in to be fair so I wouldn't be too frustrated. Do our business and at least we can go into the summer with some good form no matter what happens in the other fixtures.

• Like 1
  • Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it just me or do people seen to be less willing to give wilder his chance next season after a half year finishing 7th than they were to give Warnock another season last summer after finishing 10th

Bit of length one here lads, but i needed to post it for my own sanity. I keep reading comments of people talking about how luton and sheffield are playing sides "with nothing to play for" and It

Are you watching the same stream as me? 

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I'm sure Sheffield United fans are pointing at similar fixtures they've dropped points in to be fair so I wouldn't be too frustrated. Do our business and at least we can go into the summer with some good form no matter what happens in the other fixtures.

exactly, everyone who is in or around the play offs are teams that are not consistent and drop points regularly otherwise they would be in the top 2.

If we get in or not I'm happy that we at least go right there to the last moment, same applies if we get in and don't go up. 

I would of took this all day long before the season started and certainly towards the end of warnocks reign, and gives us something to build on for next season, as well as shows to any players we are trying to sign that we are in the race and gone are the days of dog *** old man style football, which I think has really held us back when trying to get players the last few years

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Yeah, if Sheffield United miss out, I'm sure they'll be blaming it on losing to Reading and Derby, whilst letting Millwall do the double over them.

Every team has results where they'll have expected to win and lost.

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Final stat dump of the season...The Most Important One so Far?...

Overall:      W47  D25  L32

Home:        W27  D13  L11

Away:        W20  D12  L21

Historically, Boro have a good recent record at Deepfried...I mean Deepdale Stadium. Their last 10 visits, going back to 19th February 2006 read as follows: W6 D3 L1.

However, the visitors face a tough task to grab the 3 points they need to keep their slim play-off hopes alive. PNE have a strong home record, losing just 4 times all season. Boro's away record hasn't been terrible, but flaky enough to put a dampener on more enthusiastic fans' hopes and expectations:

Preston (Home):      W8  D10  L4      Last 5: WDLLW

Boro (Away):            W6  D8    L8      Last 5: DLDWW

we can take hope in the fact  that two of those defeats have come in recent games

• Like 1

We all know we stuttered some while back and mostly against weaker teams and then the late bad run basically ended the dream. CW has made a difference but not as much as many hoped he might. I will say I think CW will do well next season but he is not the messiah I thought he was. 
I hope we end the season with a win so the fans can have a good time and players can say there final farewells. 

• Confused 2

Win tomorrow and we're guaranteed to be 5th in the table since Wilder took over from the 18th match of the season.

Screenshot_20220506-075621_Chrome.thumb.jpg.16aca4413058969685a131ec14c0092f.jpg

I'm happy with that.

It'll be disappointing if we don't make the play-offs, especially when the chance to get there has been in our hands repeatedly, but he's still had a very decent 2/3rds of a season with us.

• Like 1

Must win this is the hardest part for me to accept comfortabley due to so many times when we failed to produce results when it really mattered previously.

We are all going to be in knots tomorrow as the games progress with hope and desperation part and parcel to the 90 minutes we are all going to endure.

Luton winning against Reading under normal circumstances should be a no brainer.

Sheffield against Fulham under normal circumstances most would assume a draw would be the outcome

Are we capable of getting a two or three clear goal win?

A dilemma to say the least.

What will be , will be, and it is what it is and lastly "if only"

You've got to love it though😑

1. Any changes for the game at the weekend?

McNair for Peltier other than that, it's steady as she goes.

2. What would be a more typical Boro definition? Us actually getting into the playoffs after this season or failing to win when Sheffield United and Luton drop points?

There is no such thing as "typical Boro." Every club reckons the same. I'm sure there were some Man City fans the other day saying "Typical City."

3. On a scale 1-10 how do you rate this season?

Bob.

4. If we fail to get into the playoffs who is your favoured team?

From a pragmatic basis, Sheffield Utd. I would rather not have to compete against them next season with their parachute payments continuing. I think if Forest don't go up this season they may struggle next season.

5. If you could go back and change one thing this season what would it be?

I would have got rid of Warnock before it started except there's no guarantee that Wilder would have been available then. It's not as if Warnock had done a bad job but having kept us up and then made a go at promotion but failed, it was time to put a more sustainable structure in place before the next season started.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sanddancer said:

We all know we stuttered some while back and mostly against weaker teams and then the late bad run basically ended the dream. CW has made a difference but not as much as many hoped he might. I will say I think CW will do well next season but he is not the messiah I thought he was. 
I hope we end the season with a win so the fans can have a good time and players can say there final farewells. 

Some things on this forum are mental, I’m annoyed we got to this stage of the season and lost a few, otherwise we would be comfortably in the playoffs.  However, I would take this manager and how we have played over that crap we were being served under NW.  I’m not sure how anyone can be disappointed with the current situation.  Unless I’m missing something.

Boro under NW was on par with some of the worst football and backroom staff the club has ever seen in my opinion.

CW is probably the best we can get at the minute, im happy with him.  Ask yourself, would you be happy with NW, sends a shiver down my spine.  😂

• Like 3

1. Any changes for the game at the weekend?

McNair in

2. What would be a more typical Boro definition? Us actually getting into the playoffs after this season or failing to win when Sheffield United and Luton drop points?

Typical Boro would be the away fans creating a great atmosphere and the players trying their very best 🥰

3. On a scale 1-10 how do you rate this season?

8 - from where we've come from and where we are now seems light years away, we were 19 points from 17 games under Warnock not far from relegation form. Under Wilder we're 51 points from 28 games (1.82 ppg), not far off the 2 points per game required for the automatics, with a cup run that I'll remember for years.

4. If we fail to get into the playoffs who is your favoured team.

Probably Forest, I can see their manager Steve Cooper succeeding Southgate as he had a lot of success with the England youth teams

5. If you could go back and change one thing this season what would it be

Hopefully lessons have been learnt from some of the loan signings, overall I think it's been a good first year for Scott who's still learning his craft, the flops have been low cost and we've picked up some good value. McGree for £2m vs Saville for £7m shows me how much our recruiting has improved.

12 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Under Wilder we're 51 points from 28 games (1.82 ppg), not far off the 2 points per game required for the automatics, with a cup run that I'll remember for years.

I think you've given him an extra win somewhere.

It's 28 games and 48 points, 14 wins, 6 draws, 8 losses, so 1.71 ppg.

Which is still very decent either way.

23 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Fully fit squad for tomorrow, so that's good.

Took us to the last game of the season ti finally have a full squad 😂🤷🏼‍♂️😂

• Downsouth changed the title to Preston vs Boro 4-1 (Tavernier)