oneBoro Forum

28 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It definitely sounds like Paul Ince is playing next season, and half of the out of contract players will be playing for their future.

Blimey!  He was getting on a bit 20 years ago when he played for us.

Edited by Changing Times
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it just me or do people seen to be less willing to give wilder his chance next season after a half year finishing 7th than they were to give Warnock another season last summer after finishing 10th

Bit of length one here lads, but i needed to post it for my own sanity. I keep reading comments of people talking about how luton and sheffield are playing sides "with nothing to play for" and It

Are you watching the same stream as me? 

Posted Images

Marco Silva strikes me as a bloke who will respect the league competition and therefore play a full strength team. If he had playing anyone but Sheff Utd, Luton, us or Millwall then yes he may have rested players but I dont think he will out of respect for the other 3 teams competing with Sheff Utd.

I mean what would be the point of resting players? Resting them for what? I'm confident he'll play a full side but might make a few emotional substations if there are youngsters or players out of contract. But he'll want to end the season with a win, of course he will

1 hour ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I think we have to hope Fulham do is a favour.

I expect Luton at home to beat a weakened nothing to play for unlikely even to have the same manager Reading. 

Shame both Luton and Sheff Utd are at home. Hoped we can get an early goal and make both stadiums nervous

luton have almost their whole starting 11 out injured including their top goalscorer, captain and 4 starting defenders and they've just been battered 7-0.
I dont think luton winning is the foregone conclusion that many people are making it out to be...

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, beanflickingchampion said:

Anyone know why we didn't have a third kit this year? Trivial now I know but things like this bother me.🙄

Nobody plays in a green home kit, so there's no chance of a clash?

That could be one explanation.

That, or last season's awful third kit didn't sell well enough to justify the cost.

Bit of length one here lads, but i needed to post it for my own sanity.

I keep reading comments of people talking about how luton and sheffield are playing sides "with nothing to play for" and Its really bothered me haha. Mainly becauce i dont think the trope has any merit. So, being the sad *** I am.  I took a look at the past 10 seasons in the championship to see if the trope has any merit... Spoiler, it dosent.

In 5 of the 10 seasons, atleast one team slipped up to a side with "nothing to play for" and either missed out on the Automatic places or the playoffs becauce of it. In the other 5, the  playoffs/autos  had mathematically been secured prior to the final couple of games or the teams in the running ere playing sides with "something to  play for".

below are the examples i could find.

12/13:

3rd place watford lose 2-1 at home to 13th place leeds and miss out on automatic promotion beacauce of it.  same season bolton, who were 6th on the final day, draw 2-2 at home to 15th place blackpool and thus missed out on the playoffs on goal difference.

13/14:

Reading miss out on the playoffs by 1 point after drawing 2-2  at home to 2nd place Burnley who had already secured promotion a few weeks earlier.

14/15:

19th place reading, had lost 4 on the bounce and hadnt won in 9 match but were 6 points above drop going into final game  beat derby county 3-0 at pride park. derby miss outon the playoffs by 1 point.

2016/17:

second last game of the season, a norwich side who had there own playoff hopes ended the week before and thus had "nothing to play for" drew 3-3 with leeds at ellend road ending  leed's chance of a playoff place in the second to last week.

19/20:

Brentford lose final two games of the season to miss out on automatic promation places by 2 points, there second last game was against a 16th place stoke.

Most importabtly for in terms of Middlesbrough, On the final day of the same season, The same 16th place stoke side, beat 6th place nottingham forest 4-1, While 7th placeSwansea won 4-1 over turning a 3 point and +5 goal difference causing forest to miss out on the playoffs by goal difference.

EDIT: also there were other examples i didnt put in of sides who needed a win on the final day to secure playoffs/promotion and lost/dropped points, But still made the playoffs/promotion due other sides dropping points.

Edited by tmcc
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
56 minutes ago, tmcc said:

Bit of length one here lads, but i needed to post it for my own sanity.

I keep reading comments of people talking about how luton and sheffield are playing sides "with nothing to play for" and Its really bothered me haha. Mainly becauce i dont think the trope has any merit. So, being the sad *** I am.  I took a look at the past 10 seasons in the championship to see if the trope has any merit... Spoiler, it dosent.

In 5 of the 10 seasons, atleast one team slipped up to a side with "nothing to play for" and either missed out on the Automatic places or the playoffs becauce of it. In the other 5, the  playoffs/autos  had mathematically been secured prior to the final couple of games or the teams in the running ere playing sides with "something to  play for".

below are the examples i could find.

12/13:

3rd place watford lose 2-1 at home to 13th place leeds and miss out on automatic promotion beacauce of it.  same season bolton, who were 6th on the final day, draw 2-2 at home to 15th place blackpool and thus missed out on the playoffs on goal difference.

13/14:

Reading miss out on the playoffs by 1 point after drawing 2-2  at home to 2nd place Burnley who had already secured promotion a few weeks earlier.

14/15:

19th place reading, had lost 4 on the bounce and hadnt won in 9 match but were 6 points above drop going into final game  beat derby county 3-0 at pride park. derby miss outon the playoffs by 1 point.

2016/17:

second last game of the season, a norwich side who had there own playoff hopes ended the week before and thus had "nothing to play for" drew 3-3 with leeds at ellend road ending  leed's chance of a playoff place in the second to last week.

19/20:

Brentford lose final two games of the season to miss out on automatic promation places by 2 points, there second last game was against a 16th place stoke. On the final day of the same season, The same 16th place stoke side, beat nottingham forest 4-1 causing forest to miss out on the playoffs by goal difference.

EDIT: also there were other examples i didnt put in of sides who needed a win on the final day to secure playoffs/promotion and lost/dropped points, But still made the playoffs/promotion due other sides dropping points.

So what you're saying is that Preston are definitely going to beat us

• Haha 3

Honestly more concerned about us getting a result than the other two games. Suspect one of those goes our way - just not convinced we will do what we need.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

On the minbus across now, hoping for a good day 

Have a most wonderful trip and please do return smiling from ear to ear!

Just about awake now but the first thought I had was the game today (usually having a wee is my first thought but not today)

After careful consideration I can declare without hesitation that I am "bricking it"

Need to find lots to do before now and kick off before "the runs" set in🙂

All the best for today for all associated with Boro, do your best and go out fighting, that is all we ask for and if it is meant to be then so be it!

Oh man, who put the game on at half 12. I'm hanging out my backside. Hopefully Boro can provide the tonic to my hangover. 

if we can get a result, there's a decent chance we can get in the playoffs. Although i would have liked our play-off place to have been confirmed a game or two ago, it's still a decent season if we manage to get in there. Let's not let the season to end today!

Prediction: 3-0 Boro and we sneak in on goal difference

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Preston vs Boro 4-1 (Tavernier)