oneBoro Forum

On the positive side. It couldn’t possibly get any worse New Girl Facepalm GIF by HULU

• Like 1
  • Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it just me or do people seen to be less willing to give wilder his chance next season after a half year finishing 7th than they were to give Warnock another season last summer after finishing 10th

Bit of length one here lads, but i needed to post it for my own sanity. I keep reading comments of people talking about how luton and sheffield are playing sides "with nothing to play for" and It

Are you watching the same stream as me? 

Posted Images

Expecting Fulham or Reading to do us a favour, even if we can turn this result around in the next 45, would be pure madness.

Preston making us look like a team of boys regardless.

Honestly, those yellow cards... I'm not a fan of McNair's threatrics but Van den Berg literally moved his legs and locked them into position above Paddy so he couldn't get up. So if Paddy wants to get up, what can he do? The actual kicking off happened with everybody else. So yeah, Daniels, Johnson and especially Van den Berg deserve their cards probably but McNair? I've literally no idea what he's done wrong there watching that besides trying to get up and then getting wrestled back to the ground from a Van den Berg piggyback.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Smokedsalmon said:

I don't think you could say 1 of our 4 strikers has had a genuinely good 90 minutes for months now. And it isn't their fault. They're all the same player (try to play on the shoulder and run in behind) and our midfielders are instructed to play the ball long to them where they all lose it because none of them are target men, and the one target man we had in the squad we binned off because he didn't "suit how we play".

🤡

And because he's a crap player. 

Coburn is a better option than uche as a target man. He just doesn't play it very often

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Out of interest, when was the last time Sporar and Watmore did anything? Might as well stick Crooks up too

Mate all of our strikers are embarrassingly bad. Every single week they make the oppositions bang average strikers look good. Holding the ball up, running into the channel, linking play. Just basic stuff. It’s honestly awful.

• Like 1

I don’t understand people calling for wilder to go. Our people 😂. Yeah his tactics have been found. But have we got any other players to make a system work. Call for him if he gets “his players” in and we are doing terrible by Christmas. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Woof Woof said:

The problem is who to replace him with?

It may be just the mood I'm in, I'm having a bad day, but Boro seem to be a club going nowhere and if they have to go for a new manager that could just add to the mess that the endless stream of managers seems to have lead to.

If Wilder left I have a horrible feeling we'd go for Dyche.

45 minutes of the season is left, let's see how much fight Wilder and the players have left. The playoffs look gone but let's at least show some effort for the thousands who've travelled to Preston. 

• Like 1

I wasn't expecting us to get into the playoffs, my head is telling me that it's over and I should turn the cycling on instead, but I just can't ignore the second half just in case the ridiculous happens. 

Shocking defending, only Howson showing willing and the rest are just an embarrassment including The Coaching team. Once again no Plan B, sticking to the same tired tactics. This is up there with Pulis and Villa in terms of a bottle job.

We are now being played off the Park by a middling Club. Zero service to the Strikers, Jones looks like a totally lost 13 year old out of his depth. Tav and McGree just aren't working, Crooks anonymous and Sporar and Watmore are a waste of a shirt. At this stage Wilder needs a big lad up top to hoof it up too and take some pressure off his gutless midfield and spineless defence. 

• Confused 2
1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

Wilder tactics aren't great let's be honest 

They might work with the right players...but Boro don't have the right players.

Even then, I wonder how he was that successful with Sheffield? Other teams will suss you out sooner or later...and when they do you have to adapt. Wilder hasn't shown much sign of that.

For that reason I'm not totally blaming the players. He has to take some of the blame.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

They might work with the right players...but Boro don't have the right players.

Even then, I wonder how he was that successful with Sheffield? Other teams will suss you out sooner or later...and when they do you have to adapt. Wilder hasn't shown much sign of that.

For that reason I'm not totally blaming the players. He has to take some of the blame.

Lots of the blame. He has not budged at all from his Sheffield system despite not having the players to do it. Ridiculous.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

This type of performance when it matters doesn’t surprise me at all with this squad. Players just can’t hack it 

Didn’t we win the last two games when we had to?

• Downsouth changed the title to Preston vs Boro 4-1 (Tavernier)