oneBoro Forum

The old saying of take the season as a whole always rings true, we had enough chances to be in the playoffs but didn’t take them. Ahh well, on to next season. Now we need incomings and outgoings to move this squad onto the next level.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it just me or do people seen to be less willing to give wilder his chance next season after a half year finishing 7th than they were to give Warnock another season last summer after finishing 10th

Bit of length one here lads, but i needed to post it for my own sanity. I keep reading comments of people talking about how luton and sheffield are playing sides "with nothing to play for" and It

Are you watching the same stream as me? 

Posted Images

Is it just me or do people seen to be less willing to give wilder his chance next season after a half year finishing 7th than they were to give Warnock another season last summer after finishing 10th with a full campaign?

Some of you need to give your head a shake. 

• Like 19
  • Sad 1
Just now, Neverbefore said:

Is it just me or do people seen to be less willing to give wilder his chance next season after a half year finishing 7th than they were to give Warnock another season last summer after finishing 10th with a full campaign?

At least Warnock didn't bring in Aaron *** Connolly

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Smogzilla said:

He left us 14th. 4 points off in November is no useful metric at all.

Points per game is a far more useful metric, and actual position in the league. Doesn't fit the narrative for Warnock apologists though.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Season over. Hopefully this time next year we'll be celebrating promotion after spending the year in and around the top 2.

Be lucky to do better than we did this season if thats the measure 

1 minute ago, Leesider said:

Warnock must be laughing his head off.He left us 4 points off the play offs.

We managed to get further away.

Recruitment  & Wilders role in it largely to blame for our failure to make the play offs.

We were 4 points away after 17 games. That’s about 12 points off after 46.  We aren’t further away.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Not only that we've lacked a genuinely top class striker as well, sort both of those things out and we're likely a playoff spot. 

We have 1 below average striker and 2 league one level loanees.

if we had brought in a couple of average championship strikers we still would have performerd at a much highly level

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

His 100% commitment was in question - self inflicted. This is enough for some fans to have doubts about him

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I really don't follow how Wilderball is so far from any other positive, possession-based brand of football. If you buy players to suit a possession-based style of football and the next manager has his own iteration of possession-based football, why would we need to flip-flop from one style to the next?

I see it as very different and was the reason just this week that there was so much discussion on here at the suggestion of Ben Gibson returning. Left footed and a CB yes, but not the marauding overlapping type that Wilder seems to like.

No conventional Wingers as such in his system and his Strikers are hardly the norm (even if he or Scott could find one that suits "his" system) let alone one that scores. Add in that if a new Manager wanted conventional LB's or RB's then we would be stuffed, and that's just for starters. Sure some Players can adapt and adjust but isn't that exactly what the Club said they were trying to prevent?

• Like 1

Does anyone know our points per game since Wilder took over, and if it would have been enough to get playoffs over the full season? 

I imagine it would be very close. In which case I’m not sure why any Boro fan would be wanting rid of Wilder. Half a season and one January window and people want rid. Unreal.

Everyone wanted a long term plan, and now we have one, some fans are wanting to change manager again because we didn’t get playoffs. 

• Like 1

Too many folk had their expectations of the current squad raised by good cup games, teams don’t get promoted if their match ratings regularly fluctuate between 4’s and 7’s. Consistency brings success raising your game to beat Man Utd is great to see but if you then drop it and loose to Hull etc you sow the seeds of missing out.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

It's the emotion of blowing it when a couple of months ago we were talking about challenging for 2nd place to missing out completely. 

I think Wilder is certainly worthy of a full summer and season to prove his worth. Also the 1st proper window with Scott in full charge with freebies also up for grabs.

Wilder has shown enough to get next season i don't think there's any doubt about that. 

It was more than a 6 month job to turn the club around. 

I'm sure he'll bring players in during the summer who'll better fit the system and I trust his judgement in finding a keeper. The difficult part is finding the striker we need. 

The concern is that his system seems to extremely effective up until teams find a way to stop it. We looked almost unstoppable in his first few months here now we seem very easy to stop. 

We need to be better next season and he is part of that. 

• Like 2