oneBoro Forum

2 minutes ago, macapes said:

His actual performance was the issue there. And the dire football being played. And the players he wanted to sign.

Are you talking about Warnock or Wilder?

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it just me or do people seen to be less willing to give wilder his chance next season after a half year finishing 7th than they were to give Warnock another season last summer after finishing 10th

Bit of length one here lads, but i needed to post it for my own sanity. I keep reading comments of people talking about how luton and sheffield are playing sides "with nothing to play for" and It

Are you watching the same stream as me? 

Posted Images

Just now, Redcar Rioja said:

What's their respective averages of Championship promotions over years in Management?

No idea but I would hazard a guess that Wilder has a far better % of promotion divided by seasons managed in the championship. 

I don't agree that teams have "worked us out". Do we really think that premier league coaches were incapable of working CW out? I think we just didn't have the quality. Up top we are lightweight, no matter who is up there. Coburn is the biggest, but he is just a kid, who isn't fully grown yet. CW's system needs pace on the wings. The only we get it on the left is to put Tav there, which hurts us centrally. I'm not sure what happened to Jones in the last several weeks, but he has looked more like what he is: a young, inexperienced player, playing in the championship for the first time. At the very least next year, we need a plan B on the right as well. All over the field we need a little more strength and leadership.

Let's see what the summer recruitment drive brings. I'll be interested to see who we keep...obviously, we will be selling Spence...wonder if any others will be sold.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Smoggy-in-VA said:

I don't agree that teams have "worked us out". Do we really think that premier league coaches were incapable of working CW out? I think we just didn't have the quality. Up top we are lightweight, no matter who is up there. Coburn is the biggest, but he is just a kid, who isn't fully grown yet. CW's system needs pace on the wings. The only we get it on the left is to put Tav there, which hurts us centrally. I'm not sure what happened to Jones in the last several weeks, but he has looked more like what he is: a young, inexperienced player, playing in the championship for the first time. At the very least next year, we need a plan B on the right as well. All over the field we need a little more strength and leadership.

Let's see what the summer recruitment drive brings. I'll be interested to see who we keep...obviously, we will be selling Spence...wonder if any others will be sold.

It would be interesting to get a Sheff United perspective of what happened in Wilder's 2 Premier league seasons. 

I'm not going to pretend to know the definite answer but from the outside you do wonder if they took teams by surprise in their first season. 

As great as his first Premier league season was the second was equally poor. 

• Like 1

You can have no complaints missing out when you’ve lost twice to the shower of *** that we have. Preston Hull Bristol C Reading etc. Said it last week the squad isn’t good enough anyway 

• Like 5

Hopefully Wilder spends a couple of weeks enjoying Yarm and then gets to work, he's mentioned overhauling Rockcliffe as a priority in the off-season hopefully that work can start ASAP. 

There's been enough to like about his style and tactics we just need a few players in the door, this league is not complicated if we get the mix right we'll be a contender - Luton have a bunch of League 1 players and have snuck into the top 6 no reason we can't reinvest the Spence money and be right up there next season. 

6 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Are you talking about Warnock or Wilder?

Ha ha. 

Again, Wilder has bumper us up 30% over Warnock. There's no comparison.

2 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

There's no way you can compare Chris Wilders style of football to Warnocks dinosaur style of football.

Who's comparing style of Football, I certainly haven't done that? Warnock's style was poor to watch but nowhere remotely as bad as Pulis. Mowbray's was great in theory but fell apart after Christmas. Wilder had us playing better initially then it's all started to look very suspect of late with today being the icing on the cake. Perhaps it's a little worry that most if not all of us agreed beforehand that this was our strongest starting 11.

I don't recall many grumblings when Karanka got us promoted with his style yet there were fans fighting each other at Barnsley over Mogga? Likewise I don't recall Burnley fans complaining about Dyche's style or even Stoke fans when Pulis was keeping them in the Premiership. 

Football is measured by success firstly, there are not many fans of any club that enjoy playing great football but not winning or having some success. I'd far rather watch a progressive style than hoofball but Wilder's style has lost a lot of it's shine for me over the last few weeks and I'm not convinced. Maybe if he stays and gets his Players in etc. etc.

• Like 2

Agree 

Out squad isn't good enough ... Yet. 

I have faith in Wilder knowing what he wants ... And who he doesn't  want to keep 

I'll judge him, when we reach Christmas time

3 minutes ago, macapes said:

Ha ha. 

Again, Wilder has bumper us up 30% over Warnock. There's no comparison.

I was specifically referring to your comment

"the dire football being played. And the players he wanted to sign.".

I honestly don't know which Manager you mean as it applies equally to both of them from my perspective. I'm guessing you meant Warnock but to me Wilder's football of late has been pretty dire and ineffective at times, none more so than today and don't start me on his Striker signings. 

• Like 2

In the end it didn’t matter what we did but the squad was not good enough loosing points to poor teams and today was no exception. The away fans deserved better.

There is so much trash to clean out I doubt we will get quality in numbers we need and next season will be all about settling in new players that choose to come, if they come. I would go as far to say the first half of the season may well be unproductive 

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

You can have no complaints missing out when you’ve lost twice to the shower of *** that we have. Preston Hull Bristol C Reading etc. Said it last week the squad isn’t good enough anyway 

While I get your point we have not lost twice to Reading or Bristol. We beat both at Riverside.

4 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

In the end it didn’t matter what we did but the squad was not good enough loosing points to poor teams and today was no exception. The away fans deserved better.

There is so much trash to clean out I doubt we will get quality in numbers we need and next season will be all about settling in new players that choose to come, if they come. I would go as far to say the first half of the season may well be unproductive 

The only concern for me is that apart from Woodgate Boro have relied upon older managers and their older team of coaches and we have seen that none of them have considered other options.

Perhaps we do need to consider a "younger Manager" and coaching team who are not so set in their ways and have other options they can use.

That run of home losses where it seemed everyone did not have a clue what to do was the catalyst of what transpired.

Mind you we did not see the display Wilder promised (ok hinted) today and how appalling it would have been had we done so and won to miss out on the goal scored by Luton