oneBoro Forum

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Hated that, really didn't expect us to play so poorly tonight.

Actually relieved that Luton and Sheffield United didn't slip up in the end.

Their turn to slip up is yet to come.

Well at least one of them

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it just me or do people seen to be less willing to give wilder his chance next season after a half year finishing 7th than they were to give Warnock another season last summer after finishing 10th

Bit of length one here lads, but i needed to post it for my own sanity. I keep reading comments of people talking about how luton and sheffield are playing sides "with nothing to play for" and It

Are you watching the same stream as me? 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

We were 4 points away after 17 games. That’s about 12 points off after 46.  We aren’t further away.

Yeah cause results never changes over a season do they? I dunno why we bother playing all those games when all you have to do is take a third of the season & multiply the points total by 3. New manager bounce,injured players coming back ,new signings never make any difference at all?

Im not saying Warnock would have taken us up but i doubt if the difference points wise would have been significanty different. 

Recruitment left us down big time this season

2 minutes ago, Leesider said:

Yeah cause results never changes over a season do they? I dunno why we bother playing all those games when all you have to do is take a third of the season & multiply the points total by 3. New manager bounce,injured players coming back ,new signings never make any difference at all?

Im not saying Warnock would have taken us up but i doubt if the difference points wise would have been significanty different. 

Very weird take on things this. So you don’t think Wilder has really made any difference? 

1 minute ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Apparently Tav was very emotional at the end of the game, maybe he knows he's leaving?

Frustrated at the ability of his teammates most likely. He looked irate when we conceded the second. 

6 minutes ago, Leesider said:

I think this has been a big issue. Last summer they should have backed or sacked Warnock.

That transfer window was ridiculous with different people buying different players and different types of players.

I think you back the manager and if that meant signing Smith from Rotherham so be it (probably wouldn’t have done any worse than the three lads we loaned in). 

We *** serious money away on a gamble or a project that may come good but is probably 5 or 6 million that in the short term would have been better invested in other players.

After Warnock we sign a left back to play left wing back and bring in two strikers who are up there with Lee Dong Gook.

I am happy to give the recruitment team and Wilder time but they need to up their game from JLS and Connolly.

• Like 2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0c5gzy3

Some very strong words from Wilder here.

“You’ll see, you’ll see on Monday the level of work that needs to be done. You will see the level of decisions I’ve made for quite a long time."

“It’s always a medium and long-term. There’s a lot of work to be done. I’m not going to say it will all be done in one window. But we will do a lot, we’ll attract some good players.”

“I’m sure I’ll get the backing of the owner. There’s a few players we’ll get some decent money for.”

“It’s going to be the end for a few of the boys in there. There’s going to be a few surprises.”

"Attitude over ability, attitude over ability."

Some more strong words but there the standout comments.

• Like 9
1 minute ago, RiversideRed said:

“You’ll see, you’ll see on Monday the level of work that needs to be done. You will see the level of decisions I’ve made for quite a long time."

“It’s always a medium and long-term. There’s a lot of work to be done. I’m not going to say it will all be done in one window. But we will do a lot, we’ll attract some good players.”

“I’m sure I’ll get the backing of the owner. There’s a few players we’ll get some decent money for.”

“It’s going to be the end for a few of the boys in there. There’s going to be a few surprises.”

Well then, big old summer ahead.

1 minute ago, RiversideRed said:

Wonder what's happening on Monday?

50 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Who's comparing style of Football, I certainly haven't done that? Warnock's style was poor to watch but nowhere remotely as bad as Pulis. Mowbray's was great in theory but fell apart after Christmas. Wilder had us playing better initially then it's all started to look very suspect of late with today being the icing on the cake. Perhaps it's a little worry that most if not all of us agreed beforehand that this was our strongest starting 11.

I don't recall many grumblings when Karanka got us promoted with his style yet there were fans fighting each other at Barnsley over Mogga? Likewise I don't recall Burnley fans complaining about Dyche's style or even Stoke fans when Pulis was keeping them in the Premiership. 

Football is measured by success firstly, there are not many fans of any club that enjoy playing great football but not winning or having some success. I'd far rather watch a progressive style than hoofball but Wilder's style has lost a lot of it's shine for me over the last few weeks and I'm not convinced. Maybe if he stays and gets his Players in etc. etc.

I agree footbal is measured by success and Wilder has had success at his previous 3 clubs by getting them promoted. The strongest starting 11 that doesn't mean to say they're good enough. 

2 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Wonder what's happening on Monday?

"Monday is when you decide on players futures" was the statement he agreed with from the BBC reporter.

General theme of the interview seemed that heed held his tounge on players ability while the season was still alive. Could be quite the clear out in the summer then.

Certainly sounded like he was relishing the prospect of it to be fair.

• Like 1