oneBoro Forum

8 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Ir still doesn't change the fact that since then out ppg and in large performances have been poor tho does it. Are you happy with 1.25 ppg next season?

Not particularly, but he's on 1.48 ppg from January onwards.

Not sure where you've got 1.25 ppg from unless you've just randomly cut out a few wins to make your argument look better.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it just me or do people seen to be less willing to give wilder his chance next season after a half year finishing 7th than they were to give Warnock another season last summer after finishing 10th

Bit of length one here lads, but i needed to post it for my own sanity. I keep reading comments of people talking about how luton and sheffield are playing sides "with nothing to play for" and It

Are you watching the same stream as me? 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Ir still doesn't change the fact that since then out ppg and in large performances have been poor tho does it. Are you happy with 1.25 ppg next season?

No but I’m hopeful Wilder can get close to, if not improve on the 1.65 PPG he’s averaged since he started. Which would be enough to get in the playoffs. Full pre season and a summer transfer window to sort the squad out.
There’s so many more reasons to be optimistic for next season, so it’s sad and confusing that some fans are leaning towards being pessimistic. Each go there own I guess. 

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Not particularly, but he's on 1.48 ppg from January onwards.

Not sure where you've got 1.25 ppg from unless you've just randomly cut out a few wins to make your argument look better.

I had split his time up into 3 equal game amounts in an earlier post as it better highlighted the regression. So ok he won his first 2 in January and then since Jan 15th he's been managing 1.25 ppg. So that's 4 months of poor form which is getting worse not better as the games become more important and pressurised. That makes my argument. 

I'm not saying sack him but I'm questioning the belief that he should be backed heavily in the transfer market due to what he's done this season.

He had a good start thats it. Alot of managers start well and fail. I'd have been more inclined to think he could make a success of it if the form was reversed and we were improving rather than getting worse.

11 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

No but I’m hopeful Wilder can get close to, if not improve on the 1.65 PPG he’s averaged since he started. Which would be enough to get in the playoffs. Full pre season and a summer transfer window to sort the squad out.
There’s so many more reasons to be optimistic for next season, so it’s sad and confusing that some fans are leaning towards being pessimistic. Each go there own I guess. 

Exactly, we haven't suffered through Pulis and Warnockball as well as nearly going down under Woody to ship out the first good manager we've had in ages for finishing 7th AND he joined us mid season

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

I had split his time up into 3 equal game amounts in an earlier post as it better highlighted the regression. So ok he won his first 2 in January and then since Jan 15th he's been managing 1.25 ppg. So that's 4 months of poor form which is getting worse not better as the games become more important and pressurised. That makes my argument. 

I'm not saying sack him but I'm questioning the belief that he should be backed heavily in the transfer market due to what he's done this season.

He had a good start thats it. Alot of managers start well and fail. I'd have been more inclined to think he could make a success of it if the form was reversed and we were improving rather than getting worse.

We won on the 15th of January.

That was our first league game of the year.

We lost our next match.

But take out that win, and it's still not 1.25 ppg, it's 1.4, I think you've got your figures wrong somewhere or are looking at the wrong fixture list.

Take out all of January and before and he's on 1.39 ppg.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, sackrobson2 said:

I guess seeing as that happened against Swansea then that absolutely proves the first goal is always irrelevant. If we’d been gifted a lucky first goal there is absolutely no way we wouldn’t have still lost. 

Obviously not anything is a possibility but you have to look at the facts of what happened in the match and wonder how the first goal would have changed what was an abject performance from start to finish. Which is why I'm disagreeing 

Even just from March onwards, where the majority of our bad results have been under Wilder, he's on 1.38 points per game.

Genuinely don't know where you've got 1.25 from.

6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

We won on the 15th of January.

That was our first league game of the year.

We lost our next match.

But take out that win, and it's still not 1.25 ppg, it's 1.4, I think you've got your figures wrong somewhere or are looking at the wrong fixture list.

Take out all of January and before and he's on 1.39 ppg.

OK I'd have to have another look at it later it was a quick look and calculation last night on my break at work. If I'm wrong about that then fair enough.

4 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

OK I'd have to have another look at it later it was a quick look and calculation last night on my break at work. If I'm wrong about that then fair enough.

Your correct I must have missed something when I looked last night.

It is better than what first thought but it's still not good enough and we were still getting worse as the season was going on.

Do you then believe given what you have seen over the season that we should have a big clear out and bring in players to play in this tactic? Bearing in mind we are not likely to have a group of players who can bring us so much money in from sales for quite some time which is I believe the original point to all of this?

2 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Your correct I must have missed something when I looked last night.

It is better than what first thought but it's still not good enough and we were still getting worse as the season was going on.

Do you then believe given what you have seen over the season that we should have a big clear out and bring in players to play in this tactic? Bearing in mind we are not likely to have a group of players who can bring us so much money in from sales for quite some time which is I believe the original point to all of this?

Yeah, I'd be fine with bringing in the players specifically for this style of football.

It's largely worked.

I'd be fine with 8 of the regular starting 11 being the starting 11 next season.

We need a keeper, a left wing back and two strikers at a minimum.

We'll be getting £15-20m from Spence alone, hopefully get a bit more from sales of bit part players elsewhere but I'd not hold my breath on that front.

May have to sell Tavernier depending on his contract, which would be a shame but would give us another £8-10m to work with.

• Like 1
On 5/7/2022 at 11:05 PM, Skinemrippers said:

For years we’ve been talking on this message board about building for the long term, getting in a DoF, following the Brentford model. Then after a season of Scott and half of Wilder people are calling for a change! It’s ridiculous. Brentford took years to get promoted yet many on here were begging for us to model ourselves on them. 
Wilder has some arrogance about him and is totally backing himself to get this club back into the PL. I think he has faults and has made mistakes, but I’m 100% happier with him in charge building for the long term than I was the last 3 managers. I’m excited for next season already. 

Instant gratification culture. Deeply embedded now so people don't/can't wait anymore for something to happen

• Like 2
On 5/7/2022 at 3:08 PM, Smogzilla said:

Dunno if this will make anyone feel any better but here goes.

If we HAD done the business today, this goal would have kept us out of the playoffs. 🤢🤢🤢🤢

I wondered where lumley had gone, just needed to pull off his mask for the big reveal.

I think one good think about this bad run since the international break is that it's shown Wilder exactly who he can and can't depend on when the pressure is on. I trust he will be getting rid of anyone who's let us all down, it's almost like some don't want to go up as know they out of a job if we do 

On 5/7/2022 at 8:25 PM, Humpty said:

Only player I can envisage going that might be a surprise is McNair. Always a chance that money comes in for Fry, Jones or Tav, so they wouldn’t necessarily be surprises.

I think Lumley and Daniels will be gone. Bola may well be made available. Siliki gone. Connolly, Sporar and Balogun sent back. Peltier, Taylor and Bamba released. None of that would be a surprise either.

Wilder confirmed on the Gazette that he believes there’s more to come from McNair, so might be a surprise he leaves now.