oneBoro Forum

"Graham Taylor was hard done by"

45 minutes ago, atypical_boro said:

TBH I do find it hard to navigate this site, mainly cos of the really long threads. I actually thought (though hadn't checked) that the non-Boro bit was just one long thread.

You are correct. It’s quite nice to have a new interesting thread title to draw us in and make us think. 

Sometimes people can be a bit too parochial on here at times. 

• Like 4
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Especially during the summer when there's less to chat about other than transfer related stuff.  I don't think it harms the forum to have a few football threads not related to Boro.  And most people o

You are correct. It’s quite nice to have a new interesting thread title to draw us in and make us think.    Sometimes people can be a bit too parochial on here at times. 

He did, which is where the game in Holland comes in I guess, as I'd say a seriously bad refereeing decision cost us big time in that game.  Not only would they have been down to ten men, Koeman scored

Posted Images

Especially during the summer when there's less to chat about other than transfer related stuff.  I don't think it harms the forum to have a few football threads not related to Boro.  And most people on here probably do support in England in fairness, well except for the few strange foreign folk we have here that just aren't mature enough to recognise England's greatness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
22 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Especially during the summer when there's less to chat about other than transfer related stuff.  I don't think it harms the forum to have a few football threads not related to Boro.  And most people on here probably do support in England in fairness, well except for the few strange foreign folk we have here that just aren't mature enough to recognise England's greatness.

Probably influenced by that over exuberant Norwegian commentator.  Thought he exaggerated their victory a little 🙂  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Did he embarrass himself?  I've watched it a few times, and honestly never thought his behaviour was embarrassing.  For the most part he acted quite dignified despite the pressure he was under, and the relentless crap that he was getting from the media.  He was rightly *** off during the game in Holland, where the referee stitched us up.  Even then after ranting a bit at the officials there's a bit where he's friendly and calm with the fourth official, which I'd say shows the decency of the man.  Was he a great England manager, nah of course not, but he also wasn't absolutely terrible.  His record is around that of Venables and Robson I believe, the difference being that they did something in tournament football, and Taylor's England didn't other than getting knocked out in the group stage of Euro 92.  Maybe it's worth remembering that in '86 we won two games at the World Cup.  In '88 we won 0 games at the Euros.  In '90 we won 3 games at the World Cup, two of them after extra time.  In '96 we won two games at the Euros.  I suspect Robson and Venables would be far more fondly remembered than Taylor but arguably the difference in their perceived success, and Taylor's perceived failure, isn't really that great.

I pretty much agree. But I don't think that is the general perception.

Although he is definitely remembered as a good guy. 

2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

And don't worry about DZ, it'll probably turn out that England are one of the four teams in the world that he doesn't support.  Proper weirdo that one.

Got no time for England, after all when was the last time they won anything?

34 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Ah come on, you're being harsh there.. We win our qualifying groups all the time!

And, I daresay, if they brought some sort of home nations tournament back we would win that too!

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Sick of all these woke posters wanting different threads.

We want three active threads at once, and that's it!

Anyone who disagrees gets the slipper or cane.

I agree and the threads should be called

The good old days

What’s wrong with the youth of today

and

Boro stuff 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Uwe said:

The good old days

and

Boro stuff 😉

wouldn't work...  nowhere to talk about crisps.............   🙂

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Uwe said:

The good old days

and

Boro stuff 😉

And the concise transfer thread

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Just stay off England threads then.

We have a World Cup coming up,  so take a break from us.

14 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Probably influenced by that over exuberant Norwegian commentator.  Thought he exaggerated their victory a little 🙂  

I thought it was great. England were still considered the dog's whatsits back then and getting beaten by anyone outside of the big European nations was a major upset.

Nice to be reminded of those times after we spent so long as an average / poor footballing nation (despite our apparent abundance of world class talent).

• Like 1