oneBoro Forum

I’ve made a terrible mistake.

My youngest son is 8 months old. Back when he was about 2 months old I was messing about with him in my arms to try and stop him crying and for some reason, I honestly don’t know why, I asked Alexa to play the Blaydon Races thinking he might like the rhythm etc. Foolish I know. But it was one of a number of “folksy” type tracks I played during that period.

6 months on and he is now in his own room, not the best sleeper so needs a fair amount of cuddles in the night. But often, I have to sing to him and the only song that gets him back to sleep is the Blaydon Races! What have I done?!? I know there was a Boro version of the song during Jack Charlton era but it still feels wrong.

Thankfully I don’t live in the NE anymore so I am hopeful the chances of him becoming a skunk are slim. 

Anyone ever had any similar experiences?

• Haha 2
20 minutes ago, atypical_boro said:

My youngest son is 8 months old. Back when he was about 2 months old I was messing about with him in my arms to try and stop him crying and for some reason, I honestly don’t know why, I asked Alexa to play the Blaydon Races thinking he might like the rhythm etc. Foolish I know. But it was one of a number of “folksy” type tracks I played during that period.

6 months on and he is now in his own room, not the best sleeper so needs a fair amount of cuddles in the night. But often, I have to sing to him and the only song that gets him back to sleep is the Blaydon Races! What have I done?!? I know there was a Boro version of the song during Jack Charlton era but it still feels wrong.

Thankfully I don’t live in the NE anymore so I am hopeful the chances of him becoming a skunk are slim. 

Nothing quite so shameful as that. I was somewhat affected by the thought someone could do such a cruel thing. I have tried speaking to Samaritans even though I am not directly involved and they hung up on me. You have created a chain effect through your actions that has untold consequences to all that read your opening post, I fear the worst now as the tune is in my head. So far I have held back the desire to utter the words, but fear time is not the healer it purports to be. All I can advise is to remove the post and isolate for 2 months and should anyone merely read this thread do the same for the safety of humanity. Good luck and with hope in my heart, everyone can come through this, but it must never be spoken of again, it is like an episode of Inside No9. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, atypical_boro said:

For some reason I chose to hum the Death Star theme from Star Wars to both my boys when they were teeny. Worked a treat - got so bored of humming it in the end tho 

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, atypical_boro said:

Just because you confessed to your sin it won’t lessen your burden. A sin is a sin and it’s a cross you have to carry the rest of your life. Somethings can’t be forgiven.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
23 hours ago, SimonD said:

For some reason I chose to hum the Death Star theme from Star Wars to both my boys when they were teeny. Worked a treat - got so bored of humming it in the end tho 

We played Nuvole Bianche by Ludovico Einaudi to our three children when they were all in the womb, but I can't play the piano, don't own a piano, and can't speak Italian

• Haha 2
On 5/21/2022 at 8:07 AM, atypical_boro said:

Have you tried dancing around the room to Pigbag, or Lets Dance?

Don't give up - there is still time to turn him away from the Dark Side! 😉

Failing that you could always try Denzel's YouTube ASMR channel (which is just him eating different types of potato, corn and maize-based snacks). 😁

8 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Failing that you could always try Denzel's YouTube ASMR channel (which is just him eating different types of potato, corn and maize-based snacks). 😁

Hey! I sent you that link in confidence 👀

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

We played Nuvole Bianche by Ludovico Einaudi to our three children when they were all in the womb, but I can't play the piano, don't own a piano, and can't speak Italian

That's actually the only song i can play on piano. I can't even play twinkle twinkle 😁

6 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I actually played that to my eldest son to get him to sleep as a baby. Should have stuck with that one.

5 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Did all that with my first, he loves pigbag. No idea what made my try Blaydon Races with the second. But now I sing it to him about 10 times a day, through gritted teeth.