oneBoro Forum

Woodgate deserves credit

Signing the likes of Bola, , Dyksteel and giving Spence his chance , even Roberts and Moukoudi have had dencent careers now. Nmeche top scorer in Belgium I believe.

Remember he was scouting for Liverpool when he came back,maybe he could be used in that type of capacity.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Woodgate just didn’t have the ability to manage a club of our size at that stage of his career. Whether that changes remains to be seen, but he was nothing less than an unmitigated disaster during his

Woodgate should never have been appointed in the first instance. During the summer we were talking about serious Managers maybe being attracted to Boro then this PowerPoint and the best Candidate spin

Loaning players from City is a fairly calculated risk and even then Roberts literally dropped into League One before doing anything of note.    Bola, Dijksteel and Spence were all part of the g

Posted Images

Loses credibility for the Dijksteel and Bola signings when he started throwing them under the bus in interview with gazette and blamed bevington for signing them. Bevington gets the credit for them 2 for me 

Loaning players from City is a fairly calculated risk and even then Roberts literally dropped into League One before doing anything of note. 

Bola, Dijksteel and Spence were all part of the golden thread phase so who knows how much of it was Woodgate, as opposed to Martin Carter (I think) who is our London based scout who would have seen all of them in some capacity before their moves along with Jones.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, AllBoro10 said:

Loses credibility for the Dijksteel and Bola signings when he started throwing them under the bus in interview with gazette and blamed bevington for signing them. Bevington gets the credit for them 2 for me 

Woodgate literally identified Bola and Dijksteel as 2 signings he wanted to make during his interview for the Job. 

2 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

Woodgate literally identified Bola and Dijksteel as 2 signings he wanted to make during his interview for the Job. 

Yeah but as soon as they weren’t performing he gave an interview with the gazette and threw them under the bus and blamed Bevington for signings . He can’t have it both ways. 

7 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Yeah but as soon as they weren’t performing he gave an interview with the gazette and threw them under the bus and blamed Bevington for signings . He can’t have it both ways. 

Do you have a source for this? I know it was a little while ago but I genuinely have no recollection of it.

4 minutes ago, Will said:

Do you have a source for this? I know it was a little while ago but I genuinely have no recollection of it.

Not anymore. The gazette deleted the comments he said. I’m sure someone can back me up 

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

JS102738849.jpg.20da86bc59bdc8e196f1562e22f87cc2.jpg

It’s a common occurrence. Managers changing there stance as to who they have and haven’t signed. The way Bevington goes on Twitter convinces me he signed Bola, Dijksteel and Browne.

This is Woodgate when asked on the 9th of January 2020 about transfers:

"Woodgate has admitted the recruitment process has changed since the December exit of Adrian Bevington, the club's head of recruitment operations.

"I think my silence says it all, sometimes silence is deafening," he replied after a long pause."

That was in a period when both Bola and Dijksteel were struggling.

Dijksteel had a long term injury after a bad start to his time here.

Bola joined Blackpool on loan the next day.

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

This is Woodgate when asked on the 9th of January 2020 about transfers:

"Woodgate has admitted the recruitment process has changed since the December exit of Adrian Bevington, the club's head of recruitment operations.

"I think my silence says it all, sometimes silence is deafening," he replied after a long pause."

That was in a period when both Bola and Dijksteel were struggling.

Dijksteel had a long term injury after a bad start to his time here.

Bola joined Blackpool on loan the next day.

3 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

@Will@Mr_Maz see Teaciders post above. Says it all for me. We need to thank Bevington

Not sure I agree with your interpretations of what this means. It could just as easily have been born out of frustration towards Bevingtion that we only managed to sign 3 senior players that summer, leaving our squad massively short. Also, he doesn't throw either Bola or Dijksteel under the bus.

1 minute ago, Will said:

Not sure I agree with your interpretations of what this means. It could just as easily have been born out of frustration towards Bevingtion that we only managed to sign 3 senior players that summer, leaving our squad massively short. Also, he doesn't throw either Bola or Dijksteel under the bus.

Well he did cos they were both dropped by him quickly and if they were his signings surely would of been a bit more loyal. The day after This Bola was sent out on loan. It’s clear Woodgate was brought in with the intention of getting the best out Bevingtons potential signings hence why Woodgate mentioned them in his presentation.