oneBoro Forum

Our strongest Championship 11 since we got relegated in 2017

Just a bit of fun whilst we wait for transfers to hot up. Based on players who have played for us since, what would you say is our best 11 since we got relegated. So from the Garry Monk arrival onwards.

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

Randolph

Fry Ayala Gibson

Adama Crooks Howson Tav Jones

Britt Bamford

Very similar 👍 I’m just not a fan of britt although he did score goals just not enough important ones 

@AllBoro10 I don't think you are. I was tempted to put friend lwb and jones rwb and push Adama up top but Geroge struggled as left back after we came back down. Has a good 12 months under Pulis.

The positive for me is that from our strongest 11 over the last 5 years, that 5 of them could be here next season. 6 if Gibson comes.

I was in 2 minds about Britt as I thought overall he flattered to deceive but I was thinking with Bamford beside him and in that formation them two should get 30 goals combined as a minimum. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

@AllBoro10 I don't think you are. I was tempted to put friend lwb and jones rwb and push Adama up top but Geroge struggled as left back after we came back down. Has a good 12 months under Pulis.

The positive for me is that from our strongest 11 over the last 5 years, that 5 of them could be here next season. 6 if Gibson comes.

7 if we include Anfernee. Which I would thinking about it. And you don’t think I am what mate? 

Just now, AllBoro10 said:

7 if we include Anfernee. Which I would thinking about it. And you don’t think I am what mate? 

I dont think you are specifically forgetting anyone. The like of Dijksteel, Paddy, Crooks and possibly Ayala are the ones likely to split opinion.

Albeit Ayala was a monster of a CB when he played. Peak Ayala is probably one of the best signings we made in the last decade at 300k.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I dont think you are specifically forgetting anyone. The like of Dijksteel, Paddy, Crooks and possibly Ayala are the ones likely to split opinion.

Albeit Ayala was a monster of a CB when he played. Peak Ayala is probably one of the best signings we made in the last decade at 300k.

I agree. But a large part me thinks we seen the best version of Ayala prior to being promoted so I think i would probs side with Dijksteel. I’m a huge Dijksteel fan though so probs being bias

Based on players as they were when they played for us during that period.

Randolph

McNair - Fry - Gibson

Jones - Besic - Howson - Tav

Traore - Bamford - Braithwaite

Ayala was on his last legs at this point and Gibson wasn't great. I think McNair slightly edges it over Dijksteel on the right of a three. Braithwaite was a cut above until he realised he didn't want to be here. Spence may have been a better RWB than Jones this season but not for us so I don't count him. Although Tav has rarely played at LWB it feels like it might be his best position. 

1 minute ago, Bruce said:

Based on players as they were when they played for us during that period.

Randolph

McNair - Fry - Gibson

Jones - Besic - Howson - Tav

Traore - Bamford - Braithwaite

Ayala was on his last legs at this point and Gibson wasn't great. I think McNair slightly edges it over Dijksteel on the right of a three. Braithwaite was a cut above until he realised he didn't want to be here. Spence may have been a better RWB than Jones this season but not for us so I don't count him. Although Tav has rarely played at LWB it feels like it might be his best position. 

Would rather put Gestede in than have Braithwaite. Can’t stand that smarmy get. Wasn’t even that good for us either. 

4 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Would rather put Gestede in than have Braithwaite. Can’t stand that smarmy get. Wasn’t even that good for us either. 

Briefly under Monk and then Pulis he was great but, yeah, he was a douchebag. 

• Like 1
Just now, Bruce said:

Briefly under Monk and then Pulis he was great but, yeah, he was a douchebag. 

Yeah he started off well just don’t think it was for long enough. Your right, total douche!