oneBoro Forum

Rate The Signings: Boyd Munce

Rate the signing   

22 members have voted

1. 1. Rate The Signing

Done alright on the couple of appearances he made, particularly in the cup game on his debut. But there's definitely still some work to be done.

Seems a positive young lad who has his head on straight though. Hope he can continue his development.

Too early to tell but he seemed fine when he played and scored on his debut. His path to the first team seems pretty blocked. Last year, Wilder preferred JLS over him which is pretty damning. Currently 3rd choice left-sided midfielder.

1/10

No impact whatsoever.  It's worth pointing out that he's 22 years old.  That's just a year younger than Tavernier, and a year older than Spence by way of a comparison.  Presumably he will be a bigger factor this coming season.  I don't know how he's been doing for the Under 23's though.

8 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

1/10

No impact whatsoever.  It's worth pointing out that he's 22 years old.  That's just a year younger than Tavernier, and a year older than Spence by way of a comparison.  Presumably he will be a bigger factor this coming season.  I don't know how he's been doing for the Under 23's though.

he had impact in the one game he played in, just he is a u23 player who had a cup game, think he met everything that was hoped for from him unless he has *** the bed in the u23s which I don't see as competitive competition anyways since the best u23s are out on loan or in first teams

4 minutes ago, Rob said:

he had impact in the one game he played in, just he is a u23 player who had a cup game, think he met everything that was hoped for from him unless he has *** the bed in the u23s which I don't see as competitive competition anyways since the best u23s are out on loan or in first teams

Having an impact in just one game is having no impact overall in my opinion.  We're not rating the player here, we're rating the signing.  We signed a player who played in one cup game against a League Two side, and about 20 mins in the Championship.  That gets a 1/10 for me.  That's not a reflection of what I think of him as a player, as frankly I haven't seen anything to base an opinion on.  It's not a reflection of what the signing might turn out to be either, it's just an assessment of the signing as it looks right now, and right now a cup game appearance and nothing else gets a 1/10 and a shrug of the shoulders from me.

but he was signed to play in the u23s,

so as a signing he done good in a first team outing at the club in the cup and I assume he done alright in the u23s as well (dont follow them in all honesty),

to me thats exactly what he was bought for and he has met it so think a 1/10 is harsh, unless u viewing everyone's impact as first team only, but it's clearly not his role, he just one for the future in u23s

17 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Having an impact in just one game is having no impact overall in my opinion.  We're not rating the player here, we're rating the signing.  We signed a player who played in one cup game against a League Two side, and about 20 mins in the Championship.  That gets a 1/10 for me.  That's not a reflection of what I think of him as a player, as frankly I haven't seen anything to base an opinion on.  It's not a reflection of what the signing might turn out to be either, it's just an assessment of the signing as it looks right now, and right now a cup game appearance and nothing else gets a 1/10 and a shrug of the shoulders from me.

Totally agree. That's unusual in itself. Time to revaluate my life i think😁🤣

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
9 minutes ago, Rob said:

but he was signed to play in the u23s,

so as a signing he done good in a first team outing at the club in the cup and I assume he done alright in the u23s as well (dont follow them in all honesty),

to me thats exactly what he was bought for and he has met it so think a 1/10 is harsh, unless u viewing everyone's impact as first team only, but it's clearly not his role, he just one for the future in u23s

I am viewing everyone's impact as first team only cos frankly that's the only thing that actually matters.  We spent money on him, we added him to our squad.  We've got plenty of players already here who have no impact on the first team but we didn't sign them so they aren't part of this series of posts. 

Saying he's one for the future is fair enough but he isn't 17/18 year old, he's 22 years old.  He's older than several players we've had who have played first team football at younger ages.  Tavernier is a year older than him, and has been playing first team football for four years.  Spence (who is terrible) is younger than him, and has had first team football for two and a half seasons now.  How old was Fry when he started getting regular game time?  We've just sold Nathan Wood, and plenty of people have said it's fine as he isn't good enough for us, and he's two years younger than Munce!  There's no reason why he couldn't have already gotten more first team football for us, it's just that he's clearly not viewed as being up to it at the moment.

If he breaks into the first team picture during this current season, and then plays at least ok, my rating of the signing would increase.  But as of right now, the signing is a 1/10 cos he hasn't done anything.  When the thread for Olusanya comes up then that signing will also be getting 1/10 for the same reason.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I am viewing everyone's impact as first team only cos frankly that's the only thing that actually matters.  We spent money on him, we added him to our squad.  We've got plenty of players already here who have no impact on the first team but we didn't sign them so they aren't part of this series of posts. 

Saying he's one for the future is fair enough but he isn't 17/18 year old, he's 22 years old.  He's older than several players we've had who have played first team football at younger ages.  Tavernier is a year older than him, and has been playing first team football for four years.  Spence (who is terrible) is younger than him, and has had first team football for two and a half seasons now.  How old was Fry when he started getting regular game time?  We've just sold Nathan Wood, and plenty of people have said it's fine as he isn't good enough for us, and he's two years younger than Munce!  There's no reason why he couldn't have already gotten more first team football for us, it's just that he's clearly not viewed as being up to it at the moment.

If he breaks into the first team picture during this current season, and then plays at least ok, my rating of the signing would increase.  But as of right now, the signing is a 1/10 cos he hasn't done anything.  When the thread for Olusanya comes up then that signing will also be getting 1/10 for the same reason.

Ah you’re after ruining the Olusanya thread now that we all know what you are going to vote 🙄

You can’t just go around ruining everything that people are looking forward to 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Blanco said:

Ah you’re after ruining the Olusanya thread now that we all know what you are going to vote 🙄

You can’t just go around ruining everything that people are looking forward to 🤷‍♂️

Why not?  I usually do.

• Haha 1