oneBoro Forum

Rate the signing Sporar

Rate the signing   

36 members have voted

1. 1. Rate The Signing

Started out bright, then just sort of....tailed off. When Connolly and Balogun arrived in January he didn't seem to forge a partnership with either of them and could only score penalties.

Not sure why it went wrong for him, to be honest. Did we stop playing him regularly in order to avoid potentially triggering the buy clause if he scored the requisite amount of goals? I have no idea but something wasn't right about this signing.

Yeah looked good first month or so. Really thought we’d got a proper striker in. I remember his goal away at Forest, thinking wow this guys the real deal. Pretty much got worse and worse as the season went on and unfortunately turned out to be no where near good enough. Is it 5 goals from open play all year? 

Had a good song though.

Good start, looked the real thing then nothing. The best of our strikers last season but that's not saying a lot. It kind of feels that either covid hit him hard or he was mismanaged and lost interest because he was a shadow of himself from the end of January. 

6 for me. 4 for the player but an extra couple of points for the structure of the deal. Under previous regimes I feel like we would've bought outright and been stuck with him. 

25 minutes ago, Foogle said:

6 for me. 4 for the player but an extra couple of points for the structure of the deal. Under previous regimes I feel like we would've bought outright and been stuck with him. 

Interesting tactic giving points for leaving.

Need to revisit some of my scores 10 for Connolly: 1 for his contribution and 9 for *** off. 😂

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

5/10

I thought about going down to a four but that might be a touch too low so I went with a five. Showed the occasional flash of a player but not enough.  Considering what we were likely spending on him though you'd have wanted to see a fair bit more.  Sometimes I wonder if our top notch recruitment guys are really all that good.