oneBoro Forum

Price cap

Yes *end of chat *

But seriously. What ever happened to the twenty’s plenty idea from a few seasons ago

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Yes *end of chat *

But seriously. What ever happened to the twenty’s plenty idea from a few seasons ago

Some did it but lots of clubs didn't... And it kind of falls down if the gesture isn't reciprocated for your own travelling fans. I think we can all agree anything north of £20 is a p*** take for a game of Championship football. Priced so many people out. 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Yes *end of chat *

I believe Reading and one or two others are doing it at this level, the Prem have an agreed upon cap for away fans too but of course, it's kind of easy to do that when you're raking in the TV and sponsorship money that brings.

Like SS says above, clubs are only really doing it if its reciprocated for their fans. So Boro can't argue the case other clubs should be charging less for our fans when our prices are disgusting.

I'm not entirely shocked that when asked the question the overwhelming majority want to pay less for their tickets. It's not just a question around cost of living and all that discussion, it's also... if you ask me do I want to pay a £2 or £5 for the same pint, I'm going to say £2 because it's the same regardless. Still, was some good feedback in the survey data we had back.

https://thefsa.org.uk/news/supporters-want-efl-away-ticket-price-cap-survey/

• Thanks 1

I remember £20 is plenty. We had a forum meet at Southampton away on my birthday in December a few years back. Cracking day, one too many Newcy Broons then rugby tackled the mascot outside the ground!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Uwe said:

Yes *end of chat *

With inflation, £20 from 2 years ago is now the equivalent of £100. 

Edited by Duvel
  • Haha 1
On 6/29/2022 at 7:47 PM, trekkers said:

I remember £20 is plenty. We had a forum meet at Southampton away on my birthday in December a few years back. Cracking day, one too many Newcy Broons then rugby tackled the mascot outside the ground!!!!!

Totally wiped them out it was great! We were all a tad sozzled. 😂

There was a mention of a forum gathering in the corporate rooms at the Riverside last season but it never happened. Is there a chance we could look at doing it this coming season? @Downsouth or maybe @wilsoncgp with your MSF connections could this be a runner for maybe 6 months away to give everyone time to plan ahead? Come on oneBoro let’s do this together 🤞

9 hours ago, Blanco said:

There was a mention of a forum gathering in the corporate rooms at the Riverside last season but it never happened. Is there a chance we could look at doing it this coming season? @Downsouth or maybe @wilsoncgp with your MSF connections could this be a runner for maybe 6 months away to give everyone time to plan ahead? Come on oneBoro let’s do this together 🤞

There was not enough interest gained but agree possibly due to timing.

However I recall a new member signing up just to say she would like to go but never posted again...............go figure guess one of Juninho 10's many guises.

Will defo consider asking again Joe

2 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

However I recall a new member signing up just to say she would like to go but never posed again...............go figure guess one of Juninho 10's many guises.

Thanks Alan 👍

2 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

However I recall a new member signing up just to say she would like to go but never posed again...............go figure guess one of Juninho 10's many guises.

Did you draw her like one of your French girls, Alan?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
12 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Did you draw her like one of your French girls, Alan?

No Korean!(you need to have read a specific post to understand that)

I would imagine this season will see drops in home and away attendances, its going to be a struggle for some people to pay for the very basics in life so football tickets will be one of the first things to be sacrificed. 

• Like 1