oneBoro Forum

Pre season games

1 minute ago, Will said:

If he wanted rid, why not just include him in the same group as Uche and say he's not part of his plans?

Think we're overanalysing it a little bit here.

well think its clear he was frustrated when mentioning he was injured again, and left it at an awkward point to end that part of the conversation to move on. Maybe he isn't in the same group as Uche because he wants the lad to prove him wrong/step up to his potential or there isn't and offer acceptable to the club to move him on.

Uche has clearly been written off as unsuitable like the others, but maybe payero isn't written off right now but that does not mean he isn't frustrated with him, as looked like he should have played in this one. 

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

#CAKPOM IS DEAD. #BACKPOM IS THE NEW HYPE.

Steffens footwork looks good (early days I know)

Was a decent run out. McGree looked bright, Tav looked frighteningly fit, we did not utilise Giles enough, had a hell of a cross on him when he got space though. Seemed to be a theme to be honest, we

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

We reportedly spent almost as much on Akpom and Wilder is happy to pie him off, so I feel like he'd just say that he wasn't part of his plans if that was the case.

It might depend on exactly who wanted each of those players though.  Previous manager wants a player then so what, current owner wants a player then it might make you be a bit more tactful lets say.

By sound of things (from payeros own interview and how wilder reacted) sounds like he still has a chance in pre-season but that's all at moment, needs to get fit and earn his spot, maybe being more tactful also as you mention too

akpom, uche, coulson have all been written off previously in January, so they already had their cards marked as leaving one way or another in the summer, so can see why these are in their own camp 

6 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Next up is York away on Friday 8 june at 7 pm. 

Hope we carry on the good form and no one gets injured.

Is that 6pm or 7pm? And June or July?

• Haha 1

Properly looking forward to it, should be the debut of the away kit

I'm hoping its streamed, Coburn starts and Payero gets a half

I'm looking forward to it, also 😃

My daughter and I have about a week left on our stay over here, and we got tickets. We're going with my sister and her hubby. Can't wait to see the boys play even if it is only preseason.

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Do you remember the York game last summer? 😬

Lost 2-1 IIRC, but I can't remember if that came packaged with any injuries!

30 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Going back a few years now but wasn't it a pre-season game against York that crippled Alex Baptiste?

• Like 3
39 minutes ago, Brunners said:

No, more a sign of things to come with our superb man marking system being outmaneuvered by the plucky Conference North side.

• Like 1