oneBoro Forum

Boro vs West Brom 1-1 (Jones)

Well no shocks there, just proving really what we already know, we need a left CH, a defensive midfielder, competition and options for Crooks and McGree and forwards who can consistently find the net. Don’t we look so much more balanced now with Giles on the left and to have a proper goalkeeper. Two of the divisions heavyweights come together and a draw happens, not the end of the world and a lot of positives, but our season is going to depend on how we perform in the transfer market

• Like 4
  • Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally think there were more positives than negatives there.  To play a team that will probably be top 6 with so many holes in the squad and still outperform them quite significantly in large

Boro vs West Bromwich Albion Riverside Stadium, 5.30pm, Saturday the 30th of July, in the year of our Lord 2022 And so dear reader, here we are once again. The dawn of a new season – that gl

I’ve never really understood this ‘My Type’ thing 🤷‍♂️   At this stage of my life, as long as she has more teeth than kids and most of her tattoos are spelt correctly I’m good to go 👍

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, 2plus2 said:

Worth noting how many chances were wasted first half. Wouldn't surprise me if our enablers in midfield and at wing-back lost confidence in the front line as the game went on and it effected their decision making a little. Better finishing early doors and we win that came comfortably by 2 or 3, enabling a far more measured 2nd half performance. It's not a bad thing that our weaknesses are glaringly obvious, alongside our potential being undeniable.

Yeah if Watmore scores we win that game. Same old story of wasted chances. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Ogbeche173 said:

That second half was abysmal!

No way are we getting anything more than mid table, strike force non existent, Lenihan too slow, McGree poor no way is he Tav’s replacement.

Swift and Dike are signings we should’ve pounced on but didn’t because our back room team are still a bunch of absolute clowns!

Certainly wasn't abysmal, disappointing after the 1st half but, not abysmal.

As for us signing Dike and Swift, WBA still getting parachute payments and can blow most in the Division out of the water salary-wise.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, HolgateHero said:

Disappointed with that, we definitely had the chances to win it, the same can't be said of WB. A half decent centre forward would compensate for some of our other failings, but overall a positive start against a team that will be up there.

Ryan Giles looks to be a good addition, lenihan too was mostly dominant, now can we invest the rest of the transfer money as wisely... 

UTB

Duncan Disorderly wont want to see that miss 1st half to often...onwards and upwards

• Like 1

In the first half, WBA allowed us plenty of room; in the second half they muscled us off the ball too often for comfort. Giles, Jones, Lenihan and Dijksteel stood out for me. Steffen looked comfortable, which must give the rest of the team a bit more confidence.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Our midfield really is bang average without Tav isn’t it. Crooks gets goals, but not sure of his overall play. Mcgree can pick a pass, but is nowhere near a replacement for Tav. I’d want to replace howson as well

Agreed.  Very disappointed with Crooks today.  Give Mcgree a bit more time and he could become a great asset.  Howson really needs to be replaced.

when you see Bruce got Wallace and Swift in on free’s, it does make you wonder where our recruitment team are at times.

But, we really need that striker who can bring a presence, and goals, up front.  Don’t think Forrs is going to be that person, but let’s hope so.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs West Brom 1-1 (Jones)
Just now, SouthernDave said:

Agreed.  Very disappointed with Crooks today.  Give Mcgree a bit more time and he could become a great asset.  Howson really needs to be replaced.

when you see Bruce got Wallace and Swift in on free’s, it does make you wonder where our recruitment team are at times.

But, we really need that striker who can bring a presence, and goals, up front.  Don’t think Forrs is going to be that person, but let’s hope so.

Wallace + Swift will collectively be on at least 40-50k a week which we absolutely cannot afford.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, Ogbeche173 said:

That second half was abysmal!

No way are we getting anything more than mid table, strike force non existent, Lenihan too slow, McGree poor no way is he Tav’s replacement.

Swift and Dike are signings we should’ve pounced on but didn’t because our back room team are still a bunch of absolute clowns!

What a load of *** drivel.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1