oneBoro Forum

QPR v Boro 3-2 (Crooks, Forss)

Will we have any new signings in time for this match?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Will we have any new signings in time for this match?

• Yes, keep the faith
    • No, time to meltdown

download.jpeg.61e91ec890c42ca2a066f736b1113383.jpeg

QPR v Middlesbrough 

Loftus Road

Saturday 6th August, 3pm

Ugh, Crackers getting banned means this entire original opening post had to be scrapped, thanks Admins!

QPR lost their opening game, we drew ours. It's going to be a tough game, especially considering our squad is paper thin (this could be addressed before kickoff but who knows.)

QPR also play Pigbag. Or they used to. 

Anyway, it's looking likely to be a tough game, until we get those signings through the door we're not playing with the squad that will hopefully take us up.

Talking Points:

1. Will we have any new signings in time for this game?

2. Starting lineup?

3. D'ya like Parmos?

(I apologise for this OP being a bit rubbish, normal service will be resumed if we beat QPR, I promise)

• Like 2
  • Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilder said that Akpom didn't start because of his lack of conditioning. Which is a fair enough reason, but it's Wilder's fault for not involving him in pre-season.

End of the day if you go 3-0 down in the first half you can't complain when you come away empty handed at full time

If Wilder insists on playing this system of releasing the wingbacks upfield then he has to solve the problem of who is going to protect the centre halves when we lose possession. The best example was

Posted Images

1. Will we have any new signings in time for this game?

I don't think so, doesn't sound like we're close to anybody right now, but hopefully Larsen is nearer than reported.

2. Starting lineup?

Mostly the same as last Saturday, but I'd play McNair instead of Bola and Forss instead of Watmore.

3. D'ya like Parmos?

A good hotshot parmo is beautiful, though plenty of places get them wrong.

Never been a fan of plain parmos, but I don't like margarita pizzas either.

No can’t see any signings before Saturday although I am praying for good news today and tomorrow

2.  McNair in for Bola and Forss in for Watmore.

3. Can’t stand Parmos.

1. Reckon we may have 1 or 2 confirmed by Friday and if the press blackout is anything to go by they may be ready to start.

2. Agree with the others on McNair and Forss but wouldn't be surprised if we saw A N Other in for Coburn.

3. Only ever had a couple over 30 years ago and I suspect they weren't the finest examples so I'll reserve judgement, the concept doesn't fill me with horror like it does for some of my southern colleagues.

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Talking Points:

2. Starting lineup?

3. D'ya like Parmos?

(I apologise for this OP being a bit rubbish, normal service will be resumed if we beat QPR, I promise)

1. Yes, I think we will - hopefully Larsen and A N Other. We still need a strong left-footed CB, three midfielders and three strikers (assuming Coburn is off on loan), and every passing day sets us further behind in terms of building squad cohesion and that instinctive understanding the truly great teams possess.

2. If the Transfer thread continues to be bereft of confirmed signings to discuss, I'd say we go with Steffen > Fry Lenihan Dijk > Giles & Jones > McGree Crooks Howson > Forss & Watmore. To be honest, I don't see much scope for altering that lineup, other than quibbling about whether Bola or McNair might work better at LCB than Fry (neither is ideal).

3. I'm a lifelong vegetarian, so no. If I was going to break the habit of a lifetime and eat something meaty, it'd be a bacon roll - from what I've seen of parmos, they aren't really persuading me to join the Dark Side.

Is the abandoned Crackers thread going to become one of those mythical subjects of internet intrigue, with rumours of its existence on the Dark Web, and people who swear they've seen it but couldn't get a screen grab to share with the rest of us?

No new signings for this game. Reckon we are going to see two changes for the starting lineup. Mcnair to come in for Bola and Forss to start ahead of Watmore. 2-0 Boro win with Forss getting his forst goal and the other being a McNair penalty.

No new signings. Forss to come in for Watmore. McNair to replace Bola assuming he's fit.

Unpopular (and probably wrong) opinion alert. Akpom is the kind of player that Wilder is really good at improving. He's been around forever without making it. He's got an eye for a pass, is a decent reader of the game and fell out with Warnock: all things that Wilder likes. He's not very clinical but his skills do complement Forss. Normally you get two good games out of Akpom then he fades away but maybe, while we look for reinforcements, Akpom could prove to be the missing piece in our striker jigsaw.

• Like 2
Just now, Bruce said:

No new signings. Forss to come in for Watmore. McNair to replace Bola assuming he's fit.

Unpopular (and probably wrong) opinion alert. Akpom is the kind of player that Wilder is really good at improving. He's been around forever without making it. He's got an eye for a pass, is a decent reader of the game and fell out with Warnock: all things that Wilder likes. He's not very clinical but his skills do complement Forss. Normally you get two good games out of Akpom then he fades away but maybe, while we look for reinforcements, Akpom could prove to be the missing piece in our striker jigsaw.

Yes yes yes but do you like Parmos?

Talking Points:

Unlikely, given what we've seen on here over the last few days. Even if the club have agreed deals on more players, 1-2 days training isn't really enough time to get them match ready, I wouldn't have thought.

2. Starting lineup?

C'mon, this is Chris Wilder we're talking about...same as last time of course!

3. D'ya like Parmos?

great british baking show GIF by PBS

49 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

3. I'm a lifelong vegetarian, so no. If I was going to break the habit of a lifetime and eat something meaty, it'd be a bacon roll - from what I've seen of parmos, they aren't really persuading me to join the Dark Side.

You do know you can get vegan meat substitutes now? In our local Sainsburys they do plant-based burgers, steaks and sausages. You could just substitute that for the meat.

Quorn parmo anyone?

4 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

You do know you can get vegan meat substitutes now? In our local Sainsburys they do plant-based burgers, steaks and sausages. You could just substitute that for the meat.

Quorn parmo anyone?

Vegan/vegetarian substitutes are like have sex with your sister. I mean they may have all the right parts but you know it’s just not right 😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No new signings for me 

Line up - Steffen
Dijksteel, Lenihan, McNair 
Jones, Crooks, Howson, McGree, Giles
Akpom, Forss

Love a parmo 👍

1st away game of the season for Chris Wilder’s Boro, as we travel to Shepherd's Bush in the borough of Hammersmith, home to QPR since 1917

After taking over from Neil Warnock last November, CW's team sort of got in to a rich vein of form then at the crucial stage of the season, we just fell away badly, we received some heavy batterings during his debut season, hopefully he can take us a step closer than last seasons finish & get us in to the playoffs, or an automatic place

Saturdays draw with WBA seen us take the game to our opponents, we played exceptionally well, forcing our opponents on to the backfoot & for a couple of bad misses, we should have gone in at HT with more than the one goal, 2nd half we struggled & WBA took the initiative, equalised & thats how the game finished 

11th April was our 1st ever visit to Loftus road for an FAC 3rd round fixture, Micky Fenton scored our goal in a 1-1 draw

We have drawn on our last three 3 visits to Loftus road, with our away record at QPR is as follows  

Won - 3

Drew - 13

Lost  - 12

Goals scored - 33

Goals against - 56

Pat Lynch, who we signed from Cliftonville in June 1970, was the 1st Boro player to make a sub appearance then never feature again for the Boro when he replaced David Mills late in the 2nd half in our 1-0 defeat away to QPR on the 18th March 1972

Bobby Thomson made history when he became the 1st player to score an FAC goal on QPR’s artificial pitch when on the 2nd January he put the mighty Boro one up after 11 minutes, the game finished 1-1

We had to wait till the 5th December  2009 to record our 1st ever victory at Loftus road when Gordon Stracham’s Boro won 5-1

Boro debuts v QPR

Pat Lynch 18/2/1972 away lost 1-0

Billy Woof 23/11/1974 home lost 3-2

Alan Walsh 1/4/1978 away lost 1-0

Robbie Stockdale 13/1/1997 home 2-0

Mikael Tavaras 11/9/2010 away lost 3-0

Maxmillian Hass 26/2/2011 home lost 3-0

Chubba Akpom 26/9/2020 away 1-1 

Some players who played for Boro & QPR

Dave Thomas

Don Masson

John O’Rourke

Albert Adomah

Emmaunel Ledesma

Neil Warnock has managed both teams 

IIRC, we’ve never loaned a player from QPR

• Like 5
  • Downsouth changed the title to QPR v Boro 3-2 (Crooks, Forss)