oneBoro Forum

QPR v Boro 3-2 (Crooks, Forss)

Will we have any new signings in time for this match?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Will we have any new signings in time for this match?

• Yes, keep the faith
    • No, time to meltdown

Agree with others regarding Lenihan. I don't think he was abysmal, but I'm not seeing how he is anywhere near Fry in any aspect. Hopefully he doesn't go full Grant Hall but I'd have him on the bench. 

Also agree with @Changing Times in maybe prioritising the midfield over a LCB. I've said for a couple years I believe the Djik/Fry/McNair combo is about as good as it gets in this league. Bola/Lenihan and Smith are half decent sub options.

Our midfield needs ripping up and starting again. The 3 that started today would be the 3 options off the bench if I had my way. All 3 are decent, but I don't think any of the 3 are capable of playing 35+ matches in a promotion midfield.

• Like 2
  • Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilder said that Akpom didn't start because of his lack of conditioning. Which is a fair enough reason, but it's Wilder's fault for not involving him in pre-season.

End of the day if you go 3-0 down in the first half you can't complain when you come away empty handed at full time

If Wilder insists on playing this system of releasing the wingbacks upfield then he has to solve the problem of who is going to protect the centre halves when we lose possession. The best example was

Posted Images

Not a good first half and gave ourselves too much to do. 

One thing that needs addressing instantly is Jones diving into tackles. He did it last week on the half way but we got away with it, he did it again today when he absolutely didn't need to and Willock went on and scored. Its the first thing you get taught about defending, do not sell yourself. If you are going to ground and you don't get the ball, make sure you get the man. 

• Like 1

I think that Lenihan sending off is a blessing in disguise really not seeing the fuss about this guy. Looked poor on the ball last week and shakey asf today, how he is keeping fry out of the team is beyond me, I just can’t see what he brings, I wouldn’t even put him in front of dijksteel.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, pikerman said:

If Wilder insists on playing this system of releasing the wingbacks upfield then he has to solve the problem of who is going to protect the centre halves when we lose possession. The best example was in the 83rd minute, we lose the ball in their half and our centre backs are back peddling, Adomah crosses behind them and only a deflection stops the fourth. Howson is trying to get back but hasn’t got the legs and the rest of the cover is nonexistent. This has been going on for too long now, either bring in the players to make it work or adapt the system to give us some solidity at the back and preferably not when we are three down

Been the same as last season. We need a CDM who is an anchor in the midfield and will just sit back and protect. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Adam P said:

Not a good first half and gave ourselves too much to do. 

One thing that needs addressing instantly is Jones diving into tackles. He did it last week on the half way but we got away with it, he did it again today when he absolutely didn't need to and Willock went on and scored. Its the first thing you get taught about defending, do not sell yourself. If you are going to ground and you don't get the ball, make sure you get the man. 

He's not a natural defender though.  He just tries his best, and cos he's quick, and he seems to have a good attitude, he gets a decent amount of defensive work done.

If you're being generous, you'd say Willock was strong and scored a belting goal.

My question to Wilder would be... Why do we fall to bits after conceding? Good players score good goals. We hadn't actually started that badly. But we totally imploded - and we as well know, it's happened so many times now.

Why can't we just regroup and go again instead of losing the game after 30 minutes? We can point to poor individual performances and it's true, but those same players looked good once the second half started...

Worrying performance but as others have stated, a poor team would have gone on to lose by 4 or 5. We could have won. 

This side needs a top 6 standard DM and physical CF asap.

Ref was ***, but the goals we conceded was from mistakes, first one Jones gave the ball away and failed to make up for it, steffen was pulled back lightly but should of been stronger. 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Not saying it wouldn't be a different game, just trying to understand why Bola is the one you're blaming for the goals when he did nothing wrong.

We've certainly conceded plenty of *** goals with McNair on the left.

I didn't put blame on anyone? I said Wilders team selection was poor because we have a full back playing CB when we have 2 quality championship CBs on the bench. 

4 minutes ago, TheHolgate said:

I didn't put blame on anyone? I said Wilders team selection was poor because we have a full back playing CB when we have 2 quality championship CBs on the bench. 

You said that Bola shouldn't be starting and we wouldn't have conceded 3 if McNair was playing ahead of him, which implies you thought Bola in particular was the problem for the goals.

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

I think that Crooks goal helped like.  Gave us something to fight for, where that was beforehand I dunno.  Now that they are crapping themselves a bit though we can get something as long as we don't do anything else stupid.

Long way to go CT

• Downsouth changed the title to QPR v Boro 3-2 (Crooks, Forss)