oneBoro Forum

QPR v Boro 3-2 (Crooks, Forss)

Will we have any new signings in time for this match?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Will we have any new signings in time for this match?

• Yes, keep the faith
    • No, time to meltdown

5 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Wilder didn't sound too happy with Dijksteel in the post-match interview, so I wouldn't be surprised if McNair replaces him in the team.

Dijksteel is best defender in the back line just put Fry and Mcnair in alongside 

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilder said that Akpom didn't start because of his lack of conditioning. Which is a fair enough reason, but it's Wilder's fault for not involving him in pre-season.

End of the day if you go 3-0 down in the first half you can't complain when you come away empty handed at full time

If Wilder insists on playing this system of releasing the wingbacks upfield then he has to solve the problem of who is going to protect the centre halves when we lose possession. The best example was

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Hang on, what penalty is Wilder on about? The McGree shot? His hands were pretty much by his chest weren't they?

Not happy he's coming out and blaming the ref today. Really not happy. The ref was crap but what's bloody new at this level? Not happy he's saying Lenihan was a shining light whilst throwing Dijksteel under the bus for never getting himself booked too.

He's had a fair bit of praise in the past for having his finger to the pulse but some of the things he said to Tees post-match today do not sit well with me at all.

No they were up across his stomach and chest. They were quite tight to his body but too high to be a natural position for me it was a pen.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Dijksteel is best defender in the back line just put Fry and Mcnair in alongside 

Has a go at Dijksteel for what? He wasn't at fault for any goals really and didn't do a great deal wrong from what I seen. Maybe put a challenge in for the first but willock was away from him pretty much the whole time. 

Did someone say he also praised that absolute shitshow from Lenihan too? 

I'm really starting to lose patience with Wilder me personally he's morphing into warnock more and more each passing week.

• Confused 1
4 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

No they were up across his stomach and chest. They were quite tight to his body but too high to be a natural position for me it was a pen.

But if his hands weren't there, does the shot hit the target or does it just hit the lad's chest? My understanding in those situations is if it's ultimately inconsequential with his hands being there then it's not a handball?

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

But if his hands weren't there, does the shot hit the target or does it just hit the lad's chest? My understanding in those situations is if it's ultimately inconsequential with his hands being there then it's not a handball?

It's hard to say from the angle but I wasn't aware that was rule regarding if it would have hit the body anyway. In that case I can see more now why he hasn't given it. His hands were quite tight to his body. 

1 minute ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Has a go at Dijksteel for what? He wasn't at fault for any goals really and didn't do a great deal wrong from what I seen. Maybe put a challenge in for the first but willock was away from him pretty much the whole time. 

I'm really starting to lose patience with Wilder me personally he's morphing into warnock more and more each passing week.

He said Lenihan was one of the shining lights from today after acknowledging the ref was right to send him off. After which, when talking about the first goal, he pointed out that you can see why Dijksteel has only had 1 yellow card for a couple of years, clear reference to the fact he didn't bring Willock down and take one for the team.

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

He said Lenihan was one of the shining lights from today after acknowledging the ref was right to send him off. After which, when talking about the first goal, he pointed out that you can see why Dijksteel has only had 1 yellow card for a couple of years, clear reference to the fact he didn't bring Willock down and take one for the team.

Wow I think he needs glasses.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
5 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Dijksteel was the player who lost his man for the third goal, and he absolutely should have put in a challenge for the first.

He had a poor game by his standards.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Yeah wilder said Dijksteel didn't put a tackle in for the opening Willock goal and then had a jib about how Dijksteel never gets yellow cards. 

1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

Yeah wilder said Dijksteel didn't put a tackle in for the opening Willock goal and then had a jib about how Dijksteel never gets yellow cards. 

Fair enough he could have snapped him but we have 2 defenders behind the ball and you aren't really expecting him to smash it in the top corner from 25-30 yards. If he wipes him and they score from the free kick then it's "why has he done that when we had covering players"  it certainly didn't look like a desperate situation before he took the shot.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Smogzilla said:

I'm a big fan of Dijksteel but Wilders right about him for today. With his ability he has to get more pressure on Willock for that 1st goal

What about Howson for the second?  I mean, if we're going to play that game then let's play it with everyone.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to QPR v Boro 3-2 (Crooks, Forss)