oneBoro Forum

QPR v Boro 3-2 (Crooks, Forss)

Will we have any new signings in time for this match?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Will we have any new signings in time for this match?

• Yes, keep the faith
    • No, time to meltdown

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

McNair and Forss in, Bola and Akpom out.

Interesting that nobody is putting Fry back in the starting line up? If it was a minor knock that kept him on the bench last week, surely he would be fit enough this week?

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilder said that Akpom didn't start because of his lack of conditioning. Which is a fair enough reason, but it's Wilder's fault for not involving him in pre-season.

End of the day if you go 3-0 down in the first half you can't complain when you come away empty handed at full time

If Wilder insists on playing this system of releasing the wingbacks upfield then he has to solve the problem of who is going to protect the centre halves when we lose possession. The best example was

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Blanco said:

Interesting that nobody is putting Fry back in the starting line up? If it was a minor knock that kept him on the bench last week, surely he would be fit enough this week?

I'm not overly keen on messing with the defence too much. I won't be against him coming back in but it's basically between him and Lenihan for the central spot in that defence and Lenihan played fine against West Brom. Not exceptional, I think he had a bit of a tough time in the second half but I also think that was partly down to the collective issues we were having. Put McNair in for Bola and that should improve. I would definitely not advocate for Fry at LCB.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I don't want him playing LCB & despite what Humpty thinks, he doesn't displace Lenihan in the middle.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies lads. I just find it interesting that one of our longest serving and better defenders, in my opinion doesn't make it into anyone's starting 11. Have we improved that much at the back that he doesn't deserve to be in there?

11 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Vegan/vegetarian substitutes are like have sex with your sister. I mean they may have all the right parts but you know it’s just not right 😳

Are you suggesting vegetarians are into incest? 😮

4 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Are you suggesting vegetarians are into incest? 😮

They’re weird for sure (apologies @RiseAgainst) But not that weird 

While Lenihan did fine against WBA there were a couple of occasions where I was a bit worried and I don't think he covered himself in glory for their goal. I don't think he is as good as Fry though. I was mainly leaving Fry on the bench because I'm not sure whether he is 100%.

1. Will we have any new signings in time for this game?

Of course not, we'll get in 3 signings of questionable talent on deadline day... still think it's been an okay window so far though.

2. Starting lineup?

McNair in for Howson, think we're struggling more in Midfield numbers than at the back. I'd like to keep the Bola experiment going for a little longer.

3. D'ya like Parmos?

They've only just crept into the North West, the best I've had in Manchester is Parmogeddon. First time I discovered them was living in the North East for University a decade ago and that was my go to after a night out. 🤠 

58 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Vegan/vegetarian substitutes are like have sex with your sister. I mean they may have all the right parts but you know it’s just not right 😳

Don't knock it till yer've tried it   

• Haha 2

My only ever visit to Loftus road 

3 tims we took the lead, 3 times 🙄 & each time we got pegged back 

Brian Horne, onloan from Millwall, playing his 4th & final loaned game in goal  

2 minutes ago, Herbivorous said:

Don't knock it till yer've tried it   

No thanks….. my sister is a minger 🫢

• Haha 6
1 hour ago, Uwe said:

I've never understood the need for meat substitutes. I eat a couple of days vegetarian a week and never use tofu, quorn, etc. Theres so much you can do without them that it just seems wrong to put them in and to be honest seems like a bit of a get out clause for vegetarians.

Plus they taste like ass

1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

You do know you can get vegan meat substitutes now? In our local Sainsburys they do plant-based burgers, steaks and sausages. You could just substitute that for the meat.

Quorn parmo anyone?

sick kate elliott GIF by Hyper RPG

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

I've never understood the need for meat substitutes. I eat a couple of days vegetarian a week and never use tofu, quorn, etc. Theres so much you can do without them that it just seems wrong to put them in and to be honest seems like a bit of a get out clause for vegetarians.

Plus they taste like ass

I think the idea is they're supposed to have a similar texture / consistency to meat and can be cooked the same ways.

I mean I have seen cauliflower steaks in the supermarket, but I can't imagine eating a cauliflower parmo.

Plus quorn / meat substitutes taste like ass because of what they're made from. The idea is you're supposed to put other things in to make them taste nice.

• Downsouth changed the title to QPR v Boro 3-2 (Crooks, Forss)