• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm surprised nobody gets excited for cup games, our best games for me last season were cup games and those kind of games only potentially come about if we win the games we should win on paper. T

I think the Tav transfer really took any new season feel good factor away. The fact we are 2 weeks later without a replacement even close is frustrating and makes you question what the club are doing,

Posted Images

Just now, Pork Slops said:

All 9 Championship teams playing lower league opposition tonight got knocked out of the cup 😂

Tomorrow should be interesting. 

An incredible stat that. All of them gone

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Erimus 63 said:

The bookies have us odd on, with generous odds for a Barnsley win. Could go to extra time, or penalties, so another win for the bookies.

There’s no extra time. Any game level after 90 minutes goes straight to penalties 

• Like 1

We need the win to get the season off. Not many options for Wilder with the lack of recruitment currently so we may see a few youngsters start. However I still expect Forss and Akpom to start to gain some more match fitness. Hoping for a straightforward win with no injuries or stupid red cards.

10 hours ago, Pork Slops said:

All 9 Championship teams playing lower league opposition tonight got knocked out of the cup 😂

Tomorrow should be interesting. 

Sadly illustrates how the game has lost it's reason for being and money is now the driver.

17 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Sadly illustrates how the game has lost it's reason for being and money is now the driver.

Yes it’s all about the money these days. Clubs just want a premier league pay day even if they come straight back down. 

There are too many money men in football!

I hope we put out a decent side and develop a winning mentality, I enjoyed last years big cup games. 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

It's annoying this game isn't available to stream due to blanket ban by the EFL on this competition its stupid especially when attendances are so low. Alot people be like me would pay to watch it at home just don't fancy the chew of traveling 1 hour after work to see the reserves play. 

would their really be a lot of people? I know your interested, but if alot of people arnt going to the match, at reduced rates why would their be loads of people looking to stream it? (presumably at the same price)

makes more sense that their wouldn't be many people streaming if the turn out at the game was massively reduced. Think its a decent idea for them to try and help clubs get all the attendance they can get, and their is odds on a minimum cost for providing the streaming service by the 3rd parties that provide and manage it that may not really even be profitable to provide the service even if they did offer it.

maybe the matches are still broadcasted internationally? if so you will be able to get it off iptv 

1 hour ago, Blanco said:

There’s no extra time. Any game level after 90 minutes goes straight to penalties 

wish they would do this in all matches that are subject to replay and/or extra time etc

never understood why play another half and hour, usually is terrible extra time when everyone is out of steam, jump straight to penalties, then if teams want to go for it they can in the last 20+ minutes of the match rather than adding extra time. 

nowt worse watching a pure bore match where no one is scoring only to have to extend by another 30+ mins lol

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Smogzilla said:

Cynic in me thinks 10 is too much of a coincidence. Are teams deliberately tanking here to avoid further congestion?

I have wondered if our FA Cup exploits last season drained away some energy and fatigue set in towards the end of our Championship season. With the World Cup messing up fixtures I would think that many Clubs are perhaps taking a "pragmatic" approach to fixture congestion.

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Cynic in me thinks 10 is too much of a coincidence. Are teams deliberately tanking here to avoid further congestion?

Wouldn't bother me at all if we did. Do we really need three more games just to get brutalised over two legs in a semi final by Liverpool or City. Hate the two legged semis in this cup, it's just insurance to give the bigger sides more chance to get through to the final. 

The FA Cup run was good fun last year but I do wonder how much it took out of our players. The likes of Crooks, Jones, and Howson who we had no backup for (still don't for the midfielders) were clearly out of gas later in the season. Would be happy to go out early of both cups and concentrate on the league this year. 

Going to the game tonight, well, I hope I am. Bought a ticket and selected the post option on the 4th. Still hasn't arrived... does anyone know if they still have that little red ticket collection kiosk somewhere? It used to be where the outside bar is 

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro V Barnsley (League Cup) 0-1