• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm surprised nobody gets excited for cup games, our best games for me last season were cup games and those kind of games only potentially come about if we win the games we should win on paper. T

I think the Tav transfer really took any new season feel good factor away. The fact we are 2 weeks later without a replacement even close is frustrating and makes you question what the club are doing,

Posted Images

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Not if having 60+mins means we won't have enough in the tank to start on Sunday. If he thinks he can do 30mins one game and 60-70 the next game, I know which game I prefer him to start in.

Nah, I understand that but it's the game time that gets you sharp, not training.  He needs to play to get sharp enough to play if you see what I mean.  I don't know if half an hour tonight really does that, so I'd have given him at least an hour tonight.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Can tell it's quieter tonight, where we park has 2 cars where there are usually about 20.

I often go to early round cup games but I just couldn't be arsed with it tonight for some reason.

27 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

How can anyone complain about that lineup? Finch, hackney and Gibson given a go, Boyd munce with a chance to show if he can be a decent back up midfielder, watmore playing so it's likely akpom and forrs at the weekend. Fry back in the side.

Absolutely no complaints for me, utb

Agree, this is pretty much the exact team I wanted to see just with Dijksteel in for Bilongo.

Hope they impress!

16 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Interesting to see Finch starting this one over others. Seems to have bumped up the pecking order a bit over the summer.

Yeah, surprised he's ahead of kavanagh already. Must be a bit of a Prodigy. Anything you can tell us about what to expect?

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Yeah, surprised he's ahead of kavanagh already. Must be a bit of a Prodigy. Anything you can tell us about what to expect?

Will suit a pressing game. Lots of energy and links up well with others. Seems to have decent finishing ability if a chance comes his way. Hasn't missed many at youth level so far.

• Like 1
Just now, Smogzilla said:

Will suit a pressing game. Lots of energy and links up well with others. Seems to have decent finishing ability if a chance comes his way. Hasn't missed many at youth level so far.

Would he fit the more holding up the play kind of striker Wilder wants or the more out & out finisher like Forss?

Just now, Brunners said:

Would he fit the more holding up the play kind of striker Wilder wants or the more out & out finisher like Forss?

Wouldn't say he has the frame for hold up yet. Not the biggest. Be interesting to see how he plays tonight with adults.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro V Barnsley (League Cup) 0-1