• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm surprised nobody gets excited for cup games, our best games for me last season were cup games and those kind of games only potentially come about if we win the games we should win on paper. T

I think the Tav transfer really took any new season feel good factor away. The fact we are 2 weeks later without a replacement even close is frustrating and makes you question what the club are doing,

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, SimonD said:

We'll go unbeaten now until November

(Sorry, trying to be positive)

Sheff Utd, 18-19, lost their first two league games, got knocked out of the league cup, won their next 4 and went on to fairly comfortably finishing 2nd, hopefully see history repeating itself for CW.

• Like 1
Just now, SimonD said:

I dont think planning is the problem - there was obviously a plan, its just difficult to get players in, as most clubs are experiencing right ow.

I don't know if that's the case to be honest, what we'd consider to be our 'rivals' all seem to need maybe 1-2 players at most but we're in a position where we need 4-5 and we're midway into August we've put ourselves in quite a difficult position and put the Tav transfer on top of the results, it's just not been a good start to the season at all. 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro V Barnsley (League Cup) 0-1
18 minutes ago, T-CIDER said:

The message to those above should now be loud and clear. Wilder will be secretly smug

Agree

We need players, at least another four/five ... a project signing in Hoppe arrived today. Good luck to him, but something does not feel right

After what felt like an air of optimism and big expectations in terms of players we can attract to have a right go after selling Spence, then losing Tav but making money on top of the Spence funds .. it's started to feel like we were given the impression plans were in place and now we're just going for this 'shot in the dark' approach to competing for top-six 

Not arsed if I am flagged by the 'doyle police' 🤣 but something doesn't feel right to me, hasn't for a few weeks .. I am worried at what a defeat on Sunday may do for us going forward as we struggle to attract real improvement/reinforcements in the squad 

Hope I am wrong but I aren't too confident and panicking already 🤪

Edited by Cosmonaut
text on phone deleted mistake
Just now, Jamie-H said:

I don't know if that's the case to be honest, what we'd consider to be our 'rivals' all seem to need maybe 1-2 players at most but we're in a position where we need 4-5 and we're midway into August we've put ourselves in quite a difficult position and put the Tav transfer on top of the results, it's just not been a good start to the season at all. 

Fair.

Although a bad start doesn't necessarily mean a bad finish - I give you Forest last year, Sheff U in 2018 (we thrashed them v early on in the season) and Palace in 2013

• Like 2
1 minute ago, SimonD said:

Fair.

Although a bad start doesn't necessarily mean a bad finish - I give you Forest last year, Sheff U in 2018 (we thrashed them v early on in the season) and Palace in 2013

Two of those changed their manager during the season…

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

The thing is most of the teams we currently think of as our rivals have parachute payments. That’s a real problem for any team now that has been out of the top flight for a number of years.

• Like 1

I think the Tav transfer really took any new season feel good factor away. The fact we are 2 weeks later without a replacement even close is frustrating and makes you question what the club are doing, especially when everyone else won't let players leave without a replacement. Just looks a bit amateurish.

On top of that we then parade a young striker who hasnt done much in front of 6k fans.

All we need is the Benny hill theme in the background. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
Just now, TheHolgate said:

I think the Tav transfer really took any new season feel good factor away. The fact we are 2 weeks later without a replacement even close is frustrating and makes you question what the club are doing, especially when everyone else won't let players leave without a replacement. Just looks a bit amateurish.

On top of that we then parade a young striker who hasnt done much in front of 6k fans.

All we need is the Benny hill theme in the background. 

• Haha 1