oneBoro Forum

Boro V Barnsley (League Cup) 0-1

10 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Presumably to protect attendances.

We've already had somebody on this thread saying they wouldn't go if it was available to stream, and there's limited uptake as is.

is there international options on the games? just thinking of my IPTV for tonight lol

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm surprised nobody gets excited for cup games, our best games for me last season were cup games and those kind of games only potentially come about if we win the games we should win on paper. T

I think the Tav transfer really took any new season feel good factor away. The fact we are 2 weeks later without a replacement even close is frustrating and makes you question what the club are doing,

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Why is there a blanket ban on those games?

Probably attendance reasons. The EFL website simply states:

"Streaming of Carabao Cup fixtures is not permitted"

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

If there is, I don't think ours has been selected.

was thinking more for the international i follow users who subject to different rules than englands viewers, they can stream 3pm sat, we can't etc, 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Rob said:

was thinking more for the international i follow users who subject to different rules than englands viewers, they can stream 3pm sat, we can't etc, 

It's not on iFollow for anyone, there's a blanket ban.

• Like 1

strange they would ban international as well. although lets face it how much actual demand is there going to be abroad for someone to watch us vs barnsley lol

I'm surprised nobody gets excited for cup games, our best games for me last season were cup games and those kind of games only potentially come about if we win the games we should win on paper.

There's always something I'm looking forward to in a cup game. Generally speaking because of the likelihood we don't get anywhere near the end of the tournament, I look at them as mini 1v1 side-competitions, where the end result can both not matter too much if we lose but can get really exciting if we win. I always look forward to finding out who we get in the next round when we're in the draw. They have to finish on the night so no dull draws, could go all the way to penalties and who doesn't love a penalty shootout!?

Not to mention it's one of the only times during the campaign that there's a likelihood of the young lads getting mixed in with first-teamers. It sounds like tonight will be one of the occasions where that happens so it gives us a chance to see how some of them play in a competitive fixture alongside some of the actual first-team players, which is the only true way to see if they can just fit in alongside them during the season.

Can't wait, me.

• Like 6
27 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm surprised nobody gets excited for cup games, our best games for me last season were cup games and those kind of games only potentially come about if we win the games we should win on paper.

There's always something I'm looking forward to in a cup game. Generally speaking because of the likelihood we don't get anywhere near the end of the tournament, I look at them as mini 1v1 side-competitions, where the end result can both not matter too much if we lose but can get really exciting if we win. I always look forward to finding out who we get in the next round when we're in the draw. They have to finish on the night so no dull draws, could go all the way to penalties and who doesn't love a penalty shootout!?

Not to mention it's one of the only times during the campaign that there's a likelihood of the young lads getting mixed in with first-teamers. It sounds like tonight will be one of the occasions where that happens so it gives us a chance to see how some of them play in a competitive fixture alongside some of the actual first-team players, which is the only true way to see if they can just fit in alongside them during the season.

Can't wait, me.

Well of course playing the likes of Liverpool and Spurs is very exciting.

But I can't see many people being that fussed bout Barnsley.

There is also the issue of our limited squad at the moment and maybe some feel its more important to keep our players as  fresh as possible for league games, which ultimately are more important.

8 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Well of course playing the likes of Liverpool and Spurs is very exciting.

But I can't see many people being that fussed bout Barnsley.

There is also the issue of our limited squad at the moment and maybe some feel its more important to keep our players as  fresh as possible for league games, which ultimately are more important.

I honestly think that the players who play against Sheffield United would be better prepared for that game with a win tonight than a free week, they'll be disappointed having drawn to West Brom and they'll be even more disappointed with the way we lost the game at QPR.

That and there are players who will end up playing tonight who also need the minutes on the pitch, who will see the benefit of playing tonight to get their fitness up rather than being fresh for Sheffield United.

For the key players, Wilder has already indicated he's unlikely to take many risks, which might mean that Giles/Jones aren't involved. He wasn't even willing to leave Forss on on Saturday as he thought it was too big of a fitness risk and that was when we needed a goal and the lad himself had already got one.

With the way Championship teams got knocked out last night would it be best to assume right now that we are going to lose tonight?

Let a win be a pleasant surprise!

Goals as they go in were on Sky last night hopefully the same tonight

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I honestly think that the players who play against Sheffield United would be better prepared for that game with a win tonight than a free week, they'll be disappointed having drawn to West Brom and they'll be even more disappointed with the way we lost the game at QPR.

That and there are players who will end up playing tonight who also need the minutes on the pitch, who will see the benefit of playing tonight to get their fitness up rather than being fresh for Sheffield United.

For the key players, Wilder has already indicated he's unlikely to take many risks, which might mean that Giles/Jones aren't involved. He wasn't even willing to leave Forss on on Saturday as he thought it was too big of a fitness risk and that was when we needed a goal and the lad himself had already got one.

and not like we got the depth to play all the reserves lol

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

With the way Championship teams got knocked out last night would it be best to assume right now that we are going to lose tonight?

Let a win be a pleasant surprise!

Goals as they go in were on Sky last night hopefully the same tonight

we will probs win because we are nailed on to loose with everyone else, if was the other way around we would loose and everyone else would have won lol

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

we will probs win because we are nailed on to loose with everyone else, if was the other way around we would loose and everyone else would have won lol

Reverse psychology alive and well I see! 

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro V Barnsley (League Cup) 0-1