oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheff Utd 2-2 (Akpom (2) )

What a big game in it's own right.

There's always been a bit of rivalry between us and Sheff Utd, and I think the scenes when we beat them with a late winner at home in 2017 only fanned those flames. Personally I was serving my time as a Senior Steward in the away end at that time and it definitely got hairy up until and when then bust through the fence into Car Park E.

Contrarily I was glad to see them do well in the PL under Wilder though, it was good to see a team come up and put a good shift in and compete well against the big boys.

I think we really need to be turning them over tomorrow though, to kick-start our season as CT says. I fancy us to do it aswell, 2-1 I'm saying. Mowatt to come straight in hopefully as a replacement for Howson and really marshall the midfield. Personally I would throw Hoppe straight in with Forss up front, but I don't think that will happen. We'll see.

I reckon it will be a good game anyway, I'm hopeful that we'll really start to show and prove what we want to be about this season tomorrow.

Enjoy 👍🏻🚩

• Like 2
  • Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cannot fault Akpom this season, he could have taken his poor treatment to heart and phoned it in, but his attitude has been spot on.

Must have watched a different game to some on here. That was a good performance overall against one of the toughest opponents we will face this year. Lots of fight and belief.    They had ve

Wilder is starting to remind me a little too much of Warnock.  Makes his mind up about something and then ignores everything that goes against it.  We conceded twice today and Lenihan was partly respo

Posted Images

My hoped for team.

Steffen 

Jones Dijksteel Fry McNair Giles

Howson

Crooks     Mowatt

Akpom     Forss

Watmore, Hoppe and Mcgree to come on for last half hour.

Probably be Lenihan with Fry on the bench and Bola at LCB, and Mcgree at LCM though.

Edited by Neovium
Added Mcgree in probable
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, Neovium said:

My hoped for team.

Steffen 

Howson

Crooks     Mowatt

Akpom     Forss

Probably be Lenihan with Fry on the bench and Bola at LCB, and Mcgree at LCM though.

That's the line up I'd go with too

• Like 1

I think the line up will be 

Steffen

jones fry lenihan McNair giles

Howson

Crooks.              Mowatt

forss.                       Akpom

We’ve recorded our biggest league win v Sheffield United, the worlds most expensive footballer opening his account v Sheff Utd & the youngest Boro hat trick goalscorer & the last sending off at Ayresome Park

Our 1st home fixtures v Sheff United was on the 17th October 1891, a northern league game (before we came a football league club) Boro losing 2-1

Won - 31

Drew - 11

Lost - 13

Goals scored - 107

Goals against - 59

Hat tricks or more v Sheff Utd 

4th November 1922 Boro winning 4-2 at Ayresome Park when George Elliott scored his 12th & final hat trick. GE became the 10th different Boro player  hat trick goalscorer & our 28th to date

18th November 1933 Boro winning10-3 at Ayresome Park when Robert Bruce scored his one & only Boro hat trick. RB became the clubs 21st different hat trick goalscorer & our 42nd to date

18th November 1933 Boro winning 10-3 at Ayresome Park when George Camsell bagged 4 goals. GC became the 5th different Boro player to score 4 goals in one game & 13th to date

30th April 1949 Boro winning 3-1 at Ayresome Park when James Harnett scored his one & only Boro hat trick. JH became the clubs 28th different hat trick goalscorer & our 59th to date

17th April 1976 Boro winning 3-0 at Ayresome Park when Tony McAndrew scored his one & only Boro hat trick. TM became the clubs 45th different hat trick goalscorer, the clubs youngest hat trick goalscorer & our 88th to date

2nd April 1988 Boro 6 Sheff Utd 0 at Ayresome Park when Stuart Ripley scored his one & only Boro hat trick. SR became the clubs 21st different hat trick goalscorer & our 42nd to date

Debuts v Sheff Utd

28th March 1903 Harold Boddington away

25th March 1905 Alf Common who scored the only of the game & our 1st away win for 2 seasons

24th March 1906 William Brawn & Fred Wilcox home 

1st September 1909 George Elliott home

19th November 1910 B.Kelly & James Peggie home

15th January 1921 Frank Dowson away

28th September 1946 Joseph Robinson away

16th March 1985 Brian Laws home

20th January 1990 Owen McGee away

7th August 2009 Mark Yates, Danny Coyne & Leroy Lita home

16th January 2010 Chris Killen, Willo Flood & Barry Robson (sent off) away 

22nd August 2010 Matthew Kilgannon away 

12th August 2017 Lewis Baker home

7th August 2017 Paddy McNair home

14th August 2022 Alex Mowatt home?

17th April 1995 Uwe Fuchs became the last Boro player to be sent off at Ayresome Park when both teams dreww 1-1

Represented Boro & Sheff Utd

Barry Robson

Ugo Ehiogu

Jan Aaga Fjortoft

Tony McMahon

Harry Chapman

Martin Crainie

Brian Marwood

John Gannon

Brian Deane

Joe Bolton

Peter Beagrie

Ravel Morrison

Chris Wilder managed both teams

Edited by Erimus74
  • Like 6
3 hours ago, Neovium said:

My hoped for team.

Steffen 

Howson

Crooks     Mowatt

Akpom     Forss

I'd be surprised if Mowatt goes straight into the starting lineup so soon, but maybe. I imagine he'll come off the bench though if not.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Sheff Utd 2-2 (Akpom (2) )