oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheff Utd 2-2 (Akpom (2) )

Never a pen. The player just dived in front of Jones looking for the foul. Good refereeing. We need Mowatt on for Howson. We too soft in the middle. And we definitely need two better strikers. These two will be ok as rotation. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cannot fault Akpom this season, he could have taken his poor treatment to heart and phoned it in, but his attitude has been spot on.

Must have watched a different game to some on here. That was a good performance overall against one of the toughest opponents we will face this year. Lots of fight and belief.    They had ve

Wilder is starting to remind me a little too much of Warnock.  Makes his mind up about something and then ignores everything that goes against it.  We conceded twice today and Lenihan was partly respo

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

We should probably be 3-1 down, need to be better second half 

Really poor, we just keep sending it into the channels and losing it every time. I don't know if that's instructions from Wilder or our technically limited players shitting the bed when they get pressed, but this could very easily be Neil Warnock still in charge here.

Akpom's played well and think the McNair/Dijksteel/Jones trio has been good as well

We're getting there as a team I'd like to see Mowatt get on 2nd half and Hoppe for Forss at some point unless Akpom's knackered

Just now, Downsouth said:

How ironic that Maddo suggested Uche would have been well suited to this game

Maddo chatting absolute *** - Uche wouldn’t last two minutes in a Wilder set up. He looked knackered after half an hour under Warnock. 

• Like 3

Enjoyable half after a sloppy start. Akpom has worked hard again. We'll taken goal -as much as I like Watmore, you just know he would have managed to miss that 😅 

Ref is letting a fair amount of pulling and pushing go from both teams.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Is it just me or does Steffen not look a very good shot stopper?

He looks a bit slow and laboured in his dives. Reactions don't seem all that great.

I think he’s dodgy. Never looks in control when crosses are coming in. Doesn’t fill me with confidence  

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, LBP said:

Akpom's played well and think the McNair/Dijksteel/Jones trio has been good as well

We're getting there as a team I'd like to see Mowatt get on 2nd half and Hoppe for Forss at some point unless Akpom's knackered

both strikers will get swapped out, it's literally the one set of subs you can bank on week in week out

Some positives so far.

Decent standard of football, considering the heat. Boro look more purposeful going forward and are capable of creating decent chances.

On the negative side our central midfield looks non-existent at times - causes attacks to break down and lets the opposition break with freedom. Also still a bit headless chicken when it comes to set pieces.

Still Sheffield could have come here and done a number on us and they haven't. Game still very much in the balance.

• Like 2
Just now, Downsouth said:

How ironic that Maddo suggested Uche would have been well suited to this game

People's nostalgia for Uche ignores the fact that sure he throws himself into every aerial duel but in games like this you need your strikers to be on their toes it took big Uche an age to get from halfway to the opposition box we just aren't holding the ball long enough. 

Our defenders need to sort their channel balls out they're not giving Forss or Akpom a chance they're either hitting Foderingham or giving away throw ins. 

McGree's been bullied, caught on the ball and seems to lack pace really worried about him second half. 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Sheff Utd 2-2 (Akpom (2) )