oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheff Utd 2-2 (Akpom (2) )

Got in late. Just seen their goal. Lumley would have got pelters for conceding that and again he’s had to back peddle late in the half on a set piece. So far I’m not at all impressed with hype Steffen has received. Needs to step up massively. 

• Like 5
  • Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cannot fault Akpom this season, he could have taken his poor treatment to heart and phoned it in, but his attitude has been spot on.

Must have watched a different game to some on here. That was a good performance overall against one of the toughest opponents we will face this year. Lots of fight and belief.    They had ve

Wilder is starting to remind me a little too much of Warnock.  Makes his mind up about something and then ignores everything that goes against it.  We conceded twice today and Lenihan was partly respo

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

Midfield still a massive problem. Mcgree and howson both very poor imo. Not sure Lenihan is very good either

We've got no bite in midfield, I still think we need a proper destroyer in the DM role.

Good game to watch despite the conditions. For most of that half, McNair did a good job in funnelling back to protect the defence, then he tired and it went to pieces as we just look so uncomfortable playing three at the back. We are seriously lacking a holding midfielder as Howson just does not have it. The front two have worked their socks off but the balls up to them have been hopeful at the best. We could easily be 3-1 down here as the offside didn’t look it and I thought it was a nailed on penalty. This could go either way but Sheff U look far more like the finished article than we do

Funny to read thoughts on Howson (I think he’s been ok. Not great but not bad) but the Sheff  Utd commentators think he was starting to impose himself and running midfield 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Uwe said:

Funny to read thoughts on Howson (I think he’s been ok. Not great but not bad) but the Sheff  Utd commentators think he was starting to impose himself and running midfield 🤷‍♂️

He hasn't ran a midfield since he left Norwich.

10 minutes ago, Aphex_Boro said:

Wouldnt know Forss was on the pitch

Was a pretty poor last 15 or so, no one in midfield wants to get on the ball and get a hold of the game

Same story every week unfortunately. The way we play effectively removes the two forwards from the game.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Sheff Utd 2-2 (Akpom (2) )