oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheff Utd 2-2 (Akpom (2) )

Hell of a game for the neutral especially  this heat. Gifted them a goal but at the end there was only on team going to win it. I’m seeing slight improvements so am happy. 
Also Howson is no where near as bad as some are saying. (But also not as good as Maddo is saying) chuffed to bits for Chuba 

Onwards and upwards 👍

• Like 8
  • Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cannot fault Akpom this season, he could have taken his poor treatment to heart and phoned it in, but his attitude has been spot on.

Must have watched a different game to some on here. That was a good performance overall against one of the toughest opponents we will face this year. Lots of fight and belief.    They had ve

Wilder is starting to remind me a little too much of Warnock.  Makes his mind up about something and then ignores everything that goes against it.  We conceded twice today and Lenihan was partly respo

Posted Images

Honours even in the end.

Probably a fair result - don't feel either team were good enough to win...though Boro may well have got all 3 points but for Giles.

Played some nice football at times and created some good chances. But Wilder still has a lot of work to do. The players' organisation, awareness, positioning and decision-making still leave a lot to be desired, both going forward and defensively.

Some good individual performances - Jones, Akpom, Dijksteel and Giles (despite the OG) and definitely some positives to take away. But once again the lack of quality / mobility in central midfield and organisation in defence were glaringly obvious.

• Like 2
Just now, Smogzilla said:

That was a great watch. Proper game. 👍👍👍

Akpom the messiah. Blessed

#BACKPOM

On his current form he could end up being our first 20 goal a season striker in ages.

• Like 1
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Very happy with that point, two good goals.

Lenihan had a poor game.

Good header back across to assist for Akpom's goal though. 

I don't think any of the CBs had a particularly good game... Bola was easily frustrated and made silly mistakes. Fry looked off the pace. Lenihan doesn't seem to know what to do at times. Dijk was quite steady, but offered more going forward. 

I'm interested to see Mowatt start - hopefully in McGree's spot. Can already see he's got good feet, constantly looking a step or two ahead and scanning for who's available.

1 minute ago, boksicdink said:

point gained from two losing positions against a team that will be up there. Happy with the result. 

Can't argue with that Chris but you and I and the forum know we could be much better

• Like 2

I thought Steffen and Lenihan were brilliant 2nd half. 

Wilder can't be happy that we've conceded two more daft goals, home draws vs WBA and SU aren't a disaster but if we're at the top 2/top 6 level we expect you'd like to be able to pull of a home win vs one of them. 

Shout out to Chuba though I can imagine it's been a tricky couple of years but he got his Riverside moment and have to say he can definitely play a big role for us this season. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, mackie2424 said:

I didn't think you could make 4 separate subs, I thought was only allowed to be 3 separate occasions.

A good result considering down behind twice.

Half time doesn't count.

On the game, thought we deserved at least the point. We win if literally anyone but Watmore is on the end of that Giles cross & with their 2nd goal, I wonder if there's anyone who could be telling Giles he's got time, there's no Utd player in the same postcode as him when he slices it into his own net.

• Like 1
Just now, Downsouth said:

Can't argue with that Chris but you and I and the forum know we could be much better

Yeah we could and will be much better - I dont think we will see it before the end of the window

Gonna go against the grain and say I thought lenihan had a good game today.

He's good on the ball, doesn't panic, made several really good passes to set up attacks for us. Hes also really good at reading danger and coming out early to intercept it. 

He has his dodgy moments too, and position wise I think it'll take some getting used to playing in this system but he was far far better than his first two games. 

• Like 6