oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheff Utd 2-2 (Akpom (2) )

On positive side keeper looks better than the two last season, akpom looks sharpest he's been and team showed character to come back twice.

Defensively I'm worried think we defiantly need a lb and worried with Howson he's a good player but when teams switch quickly hes too slow to keep up I'd mix him up with Hackey maybe to give legs when needed. Jones not as calm as last season particularly defensively, hopefully he regains that.

• Like 1
  • Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cannot fault Akpom this season, he could have taken his poor treatment to heart and phoned it in, but his attitude has been spot on.

Must have watched a different game to some on here. That was a good performance overall against one of the toughest opponents we will face this year. Lots of fight and belief.    They had ve

Wilder is starting to remind me a little too much of Warnock.  Makes his mind up about something and then ignores everything that goes against it.  We conceded twice today and Lenihan was partly respo

Posted Images

Still don't think it's the doom and gloom that some have made it out to be. Appreicate people's concerns but we've had three tough games at a time when we're still scrambling for signings, not to mention the big turnover at the top of the pitch where the forwards will need time to get on the same wavelength. We'll be better once we have a left footed LCB and a big focal point up front. Good opportunity to get some points on the board over the next couple of games.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Without Jones and McNair we don't score the first equaliser mate 

So they had one minute of team play I am sorry DZ I expect a lot more of both Jones and Mc Nair throughout a 90 minute game.

Jones flatters to decieve I am sorry but he does

• Like 1
Just now, Downsouth said:

So they had one minute of team play I am sorry DZ I expect a lot more of both Jones and Mc Nair throughout a 90 minute game.

Jones flatters to decieve I am sorry but he does

Respectfully disagree and I think you're overreacting ever so slightly, not for the first time might I add 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Stoke and Reading away next. If we really are aiming for big stuff this season we need to be taking a minimum of 4 points, hopefully 6. Both winnable.

Shame Lumley can't play! 

Saying that, he would probably have played a blinder

• Haha 1

Individuals seem to be playing within themselves instead of expressing themselves. Too many seem to be below par and collectively it doesn't look even close to working.

The only Boro player to come off with any credit today is one who wasn't wanted by the Manager. This isn't a one off poor performance it's another in a long line stretching back months. 

Having a couple of decent Cup performances doesn't cover up for what looks a very dysfunctional team either not understanding or buying into tactics. 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Good header back across to assist for Akpom's goal though. 

I don't think any of the CBs had a particularly good game... Bola was easily frustrated and made silly mistakes. Fry looked off the pace. Lenihan doesn't seem to know what to do at times. Dijk was quite steady, but offered more going forward. 

I'm interested to see Mowatt start - hopefully in McGree's spot. Can already see he's got good feet, constantly looking a step or two ahead and scanning for who's available.

I'd like to see Mcgree up top again actually to start. 

3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Gonna go against the grain and say I thought lenihan had a good game today.

He's good on the ball, doesn't panic, made several really good passes to set up attacks for us. Hes also really good at reading danger and coming out early to intercept it. 

He has his dodgy moments too, and position wise I think it'll take some getting used to playing in this system but he was far far better than his first two games. 

Lenihan will get better as gets used to ou style, and gains confidence in it.

1 minute ago, JTG said:

Also people comparing this to Warnock need to go back and watch a couple of our games under him.

A lot of our play today was no different to it, especially the first half. We were going long into the channels consistently and losing possession with ease.

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Respectfully disagree and I think you're overreacting ever so slightly, not for the first time might I add 

Says he who is well versed in over reaction but I accept you feel that way.

However it is about opinions when was the last time you can honestly say Jones played out of his skin and made the difference.

Not since last season at the moment he is a one trick pony

• Like 1
Just now, Smokedsalmon said:

A lot of our play today was no different to it, especially the first half. We were going long into the channels consistently and losing possession with ease.

Does our first goal ever in a million years happen in a Warnock team?

• Like 1

thought we looked disjoined and sloppy. the weather must be the reason for this as sheff utd the same.

if that was our squad for the season i'd be worried as its play offs at best. hopefully we see more signing that improve the first team like mowatt.

what craic with fry? i was thinking hes made a tactical change and fry came off instead of lenihan. which baffles me as fry is much better defender. get the feeling wilder wants rid of fry. 

paddy as the rcb is miles better than dijksteel. on the ball anyway. bola did okay when he came on. lenihan did quite well second half, but for the goal he was easily turned again. its so easy to get down the side of him. almost as bad as hall. 

akpom was great cant believe him, like a new signing, really pleased for him. a real cf. forss not in the game. we really need to get some better supply into the box for him. you'd expect forss to be tapping in our first goal. akpom showing him the way lol.

hopefully the hot weather will *** off as it really messes up our tactics. no way we can play high tempo stuff in heat like that. sheff utd play similar and really struggled to.

a good point in the end coming from behind twice cant complain to much. the own goal was laughable but it was coming, they were having chances and deserved the lead at that point.

• Like 1