oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheff Utd 2-2 (Akpom (2) )

5 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

A "one trick pony" who got the assist for our equaliser.

I mean if his "one trick" is to get assists then I'm more than happy with that 

And so you should however for me he needs to be heavily involved and not in fits and starts.

I see a great footballer who does not seem to realise that

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cannot fault Akpom this season, he could have taken his poor treatment to heart and phoned it in, but his attitude has been spot on.

Must have watched a different game to some on here. That was a good performance overall against one of the toughest opponents we will face this year. Lots of fight and belief.    They had ve

Wilder is starting to remind me a little too much of Warnock.  Makes his mind up about something and then ignores everything that goes against it.  We conceded twice today and Lenihan was partly respo

Posted Images

Just now, Smokedsalmon said:

No team gets promoted playing well in bursts. That's been our entire problem under Wilder. 45 minutes here, 20 minutes there.

We scored a great goal today. We also let in 2 *** ones.

and we scored a great goal at qpr actually think we have scored great goals in every  league game so far.  yes we made hard work of it at the other end. but we'll sort that out.

Our first goal was so good, just rewatching it back there. I have no doubts that the sequences between Jones, Dijksteel, Crooks/McNair are perfected in hours worth of repetition on the training pitch. Joy to watch when it comes off.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Gazette gave Jones the joint highest score today btw 8/10 along with big Chuba.

I think he can run at players more than he is at the minute, but I think you're being incredibly harsh on the kid Alan.

Not really Matt as you say he can run at players more than he is. I want to praise him shout his name from the roof tops but atm I simply can't

I wonder if Jones is being asked to fire those early low crosses into the front post as much as he is. If he is, it's our strikers who aren't doing their job because they never seem to be there even though it's obvious that it's coming. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Uwe said:

He might be a trick pony but it’sa bloody good trick. Opposing managers are definitely gonna start coming up with plans to counter him. It’s up to jones to figure that out or the rest  of the Boro team/management to exploit the space that he creates if/when he’s doubled up on 👍

Spot on and atm we do not see this, I wish he had license to roam

Just now, Neverbefore said:

I wonder if Jones is being asked to fire those early low crosses into the front post as much as he is. If he is, it's our strikers who aren't doing their job because they never seem to be there even though it's obvious that it's coming. 

yes izzy is really keen to release early balls. we should be reading them better.

2 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Not really Matt as you say he can run at players more than he is. I want to praise him shout his name from the roof tops but atm I simply can't

His link up play with mcnair and assist today was top quality. Giles and Jones are not the same kind of player, ones more about beating the man wit pace the other is pin point crossing. Its good to not have two of the same really. But with these kinda players there will frustrating times in the game for them.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Trouble is Kev very often they hit defenders legs and too many attempts to nutmeg players

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Trouble is Kev very often they hit defenders legs and too many attempts to nutmeg players

I'd say he has a decent success rate at it. he squeezed them through at least 3 or 4 times a game but there's rarely anyone there. If it was something that wilder didn't want happening he'd have told him to stop it by now.

Go back to the start of this thread and almost everyone on here thought we would lose today. That team battered us last time we played. 

I don't think a point is bad and we were improved from the disaster of last week. We'll improve and will have at least two first XI standard players joining in the next few weeks. 

Beat Stoke and our start will look fine. WBA and Sheff Utd are no pushovers and are ahead of us in terms of building their squads. 

• Like 7
4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I often find when he tries the early ones he hits the first man and doesn’t get it round the defenders. 

Just now, Neverbefore said:

I'd say he has a decent success rate at it. he squeezed them through at least 3 or 4 times a game but there's rarely anyone there. If it was something that wilder didn't want happening he'd have told him to stop it by now.

What does Wider know😉