• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cannot fault Akpom this season, he could have taken his poor treatment to heart and phoned it in, but his attitude has been spot on.

Must have watched a different game to some on here. That was a good performance overall against one of the toughest opponents we will face this year. Lots of fight and belief.    They had ve

Wilder is starting to remind me a little too much of Warnock.  Makes his mind up about something and then ignores everything that goes against it.  We conceded twice today and Lenihan was partly respo

Posted Images

Missing this one, which is a bit gutting, first home match I've missed for non-Covid reasons in a decade.

Got to go see a newborn nephew down south 😑

Hopefully I miss a brilliant Boro performance.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Missing this one, which is a bit gutting, first home match I've missed for non-Covid reasons in a decade.

4601 now 😂

2 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Congrats!

modern family cameron tucker GIF

Hope you're right about the performance and Boro's season finally takes off.

5 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

I also have a recently newborn nephew. Congrats, fellow uncle!

a) How many will we win by?

-2. I think we're going to get done good and proper here. Actually quite glad it's not on Sky, cos I think a televised beasting would be even more dispiriting than a non-televised one.

b) How many debut goals will Hoppe score on Sunday?

None this weekend. But I have high hopes for the lad.

c) Will Steffan get caught off his line?

Indubitably.

d) McMahon or Hoyte? 

McMahon. Never saw the Hoyte hype, personally.

We are far too short of first-team players to do well ATM, and when those players finally fill out the 1-11 squad numbers, they'll need weeks or even months to get up to speed and attuned to each other/Wilder's instructions. Til then, I fear it'll be thin gruel.

12 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

This is the type of game we'll go and win. Beat Stoke away too and the promotion train will be announced as leaving the station... Then we'll inexplicably serve up a s*** sandwich at Reading and be 2-0 down after 10 minutes. 

That would be very typical Boro.

Personally I can't even make any predictions - beyond just making stuff up off the top of my head. I need to see us play a few more times before I can start predicting with any kind of reasoning. For now I'm just gonna...

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

Wonder if its indicative of the start to the season that its the day before match day and the thread only has 24 replies. Downsouth's matchday thread count could suffer badly...

image.png.646196315819179dbda54e84cfde94da.png

No denying there is optimism with statements of , brilliant performance and mighty  Reds. 

Listened to the full match comments from Chris and his disappointment with the club, players and referee was as direct as a manager could be. He went on to state the media has over rated the club based on its size and not it’s ability. Based on him naming several clubs better placed has us challenging for the playoffs.  

All is not right at the club and Chris doesn’t have the numbers or the quality required to challenge the top. I hope we get to a state of play when I can enjoy the match’s, see players busting a gut, talking and moving for each other. I don’t expect a great season and expect to read, building, gelling, strengthening. 
We will get better over time, we will settle mid table with forays up into the playoffs but I don’t expect much more then that. 

10 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

No denying there is optimism with statements of , brilliant performance and mighty  Reds. 

Listened to the full match comments from Chris and his disappointment with the club, players and referee was as direct as a manager could be. He went on to state the media has over rated the club based on its size and not it’s ability. Based on him naming several clubs better placed has us challenging for the playoffs.  

All is not right at the club and Chris doesn’t have the numbers or the quality required to challenge the top. I hope we get to a state of play when I can enjoy the match’s, see players busting a gut, talking and moving for each other. I don’t expect a great season and expect to read, building, gelling, strengthening. 
We will get better over time, we will settle mid table with forays up into the playoffs but I don’t expect much more then that. 

I mean this with the greatest of respect, and I know we've got a bit of history so I don't say this lightly, trust me...

But what the *** are you talking about?

34 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I mean this with the greatest of respect, and I know we've got a bit of history so I don't say this lightly, trust me...

But what the *** are you talking about?

A bit of of history you certainly do. If it doesn’t suit your view, you just can’t help but having a dig can you. Which part would you like me to explain exactly. Don’t like the post fine, but don’t get personal mate, just don’t go there. 

Based on Wilder's comments about his fitness, hopefully Hoppe will be involved in some way tomorrow.  No idea what Wilder will go with but I assume it will be Forss and Akpom at a guess, with Hoppe getting on at some point in the second half.  Mowatt has already played this season so shouldn't have any concerns at least about fitness anyway.  Would Wilder be tempted to get him straight in?  If he does I think it's McGree that loses out, although having said that, what were people talking about during the week with Howson doing fitness work out on the pitch?  I still think Mowatt is more likely to be against McGree for a spot, and personally speaking I think Mowatt is the better player so I could see him winning that particular contest, if not tomorrow then sooner rather than later.

It goes without saying that we could do with a win just to give everyone a bit of a lift if nothing else.  But I also think there's something to be said for beating a good team, and looking good while you're doing it - that you get a little bit extra out of it, not just the fans but the players as well.  I was thinking about this earlier, in the second half of last season we struggled against the better sides - Fulham and Huddersfield beat us at home, we got battered at Sheff Utd, got a draw at Bournemouth, but we did beat Luton though.  Before the new year we beat Forest and Bournemouth in successive games, we won at Huddersfield before that as well.  There's a fair chance that we've already played one decent side in West Brom, and obviously drew that one.  I think a nice win over Sheff Utd could do us the world of good, settle everything down a bit, and start setting some performance standards as it were.

• Like 3
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Sheff Utd 2-2 (Akpom (2) )