oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheff Utd 2-2 (Akpom (2) )

Teams get goalside of our defenders so frequently it's absolute joke we're like statues. Preston away summed us up perfectly and we've carried the same habits and form into this season. 

We have fundamental issues in our system which showed at the end of last season which haven't got any better, really concerning to be honest. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cannot fault Akpom this season, he could have taken his poor treatment to heart and phoned it in, but his attitude has been spot on.

Must have watched a different game to some on here. That was a good performance overall against one of the toughest opponents we will face this year. Lots of fight and belief.    They had ve

Wilder is starting to remind me a little too much of Warnock.  Makes his mind up about something and then ignores everything that goes against it.  We conceded twice today and Lenihan was partly respo

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ManBearPig said:

I don’t mind an own goal as I get that they happen. 

BUT, my god. We are so devoid in the final third. For all the possession we have at the back, we just slap it forward and then lose it. I really want us to sustain attacks and pressure without losing it. 

Not even sure a signing of Larsen would solve our problems really. 

Unfortunately there's usually a gaping hole in central midfield where any stray passes go straight to the opposition. Wonder if Mowatt will help plug that hole?

• Like 1

It really does feel like when Sheffield United got relegated.

You could see them huffing and puffing every game, never getting battered hugely, but just being ineffective. And Wilder did nothing to change it.

This 3-5-2 is not going to suddenly click into place because we sign a new #9. The midfield/back 3 do not work at playing the ball out and we let in so many *** soft goals.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

This is as bad as anything under Warnock. Totally ineffective tactics, the players seem to lack belief. Really poor but it's not just this game it stretches back to the end of last season and we are just continuing in the same manner.

Still plenty of time to turn things around, but right now the plan looks a long way from coming to fruition.

Just now, TheJew said:

Omg. What the heck was that. 

It was coming though. We have been rubbish this half.

Aside from 15 min spell after we scored we been really poor. Can't see how you build a team out of this we are poor at back and midfield in centre we are slow. Howson possibly stayed one season too long even last season when the game was fast game by passed him.

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Sheff Utd 2-2 (Akpom (2) )