oneBoro Forum

Stoke City vs Boro 2-2 (Watmore, Jagielka (og) )

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction: Well I didn't expect to be making this match thread so soon, whipped this up whilst at work before Downsouth loses his marbles at me. Although early days in the championship, Boro t

I've tried to turn a blind eye Rob, but you're doing it too often and enough is enough.....it's LOSE not LOOSE.  👍  

Lets not forget that Jones was sliced down for them to go in front. We were the better side, we created numerous chances, plenty of them clear cut enough to score. We deserved to win and then som

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It was a contact injury though, nothing to do with technique.

And had his joint been stronger it may not have resulted in the impact having the level of severity it did.

Like I say, it may be totally irrelevant but there again it may not.

Just now, TLF10 said:

Team selection does not fill me with great hope but we just need to stick with the team these next 4 games until window closes.

The 4 players we are after should make a huge difference to the 11 and the bench but until then just a case of trying to squeeze as many points as we can from these next 4 games from the current squad.

COME ON BORO!!!!

Not being funny but we have only lost one decent player from the team that finished 7th last season, and we've currently added six new ones.  We shouldn't need to be hanging on in there until we can sign another four!

4 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

It's bonkers Fry isn't playing when leninhan has been terrible/shocking these first few games 

yes but he;s the teachers pet and fry is the naughty kid who doesnt do as hes told.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Told you Watmore is higher up in the pecking order than people gave him credit for. 

Watmores only playing because Akpoms injured, Forss also picked up a knock in the last game too. Hoppe isn't match fit yet either.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Not being funny but we have only lost one decent player from the team that finished 7th last season, and we've currently added six new ones.  We shouldn't need to be hanging on in there until we can sign another four!

Especially when the Keeper is a supposed serious upgrade and Giles fills a role that we had nobody for at all last season.

Just now, "KM" said:

Told you Watmore is higher up in the pecking order than people gave him credit for. 

Maybe but it might be different if we didn't have three strikers with injuries currently.  If Forss did do something on Sunday then Hoppe is the only fit striker that Watmore is contending with.

Just now, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

He’s Wilder’s signing that’s all. 

i dont think its like that it was a joke. however, hes showing fry that he needs to do more to stay in the team. which is only a good thing. if fry can be made a better player thats fantastic.

1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

It's bonkers Fry isn't playing when leninhan has been terrible/shocking these first few games 

I think he's been a mixed bag so far, I thought he was bullied a bit against West Brom second half, thought he was rubbish against QPR but you could drop the lot after the QPR game so harsh to single him out... but I thought overall he played well against Sheffield United. I've watched the goals back again and again and I can't agree with anyone that he was the main problem for either of the 2 goals, either.

I think the main thing that's shocked me about the Lenihan situation is how shocked everyone else is that the manager has brought in a player to play in that role and is picking him every game. I wouldn't go so far as to say the manager thinks he's infallible (despite his QPR comments) because we're literally only 3 league games into the season but it's been clear from as far back as pre-season that Lenihan was coming in to challenge Fry for that position in the middle and Fry has to earn his place back in the side one way or another.

• Confused 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Stoke City vs Boro 2-2 (Watmore, Jagielka (og) )