oneBoro Forum

Stoke City vs Boro 2-2 (Watmore, Jagielka (og) )

3 minutes ago, chickenlunch said:

I'm not convinced by Zack Steffen at all

He's made some great saves for us so far this season, reads the game very well and his distribution is 10 times better than Lumley.

But he doesn't compete. I get the feeling sometimes he expects to be given so much protection that he doesn't think he needs to bother doing anything but try to catch the ball.

I think given the standard of officiating that's on display all the time at this level and again tonight, he's quite lucky that the ref hasn't given that foul as a 2nd Stoke goal so he has to try and compete more.

• Like 1
  • Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction: Well I didn't expect to be making this match thread so soon, whipped this up whilst at work before Downsouth loses his marbles at me. Although early days in the championship, Boro t

I've tried to turn a blind eye Rob, but you're doing it too often and enough is enough.....it's LOSE not LOOSE.  👍  

Lets not forget that Jones was sliced down for them to go in front. We were the better side, we created numerous chances, plenty of them clear cut enough to score. We deserved to win and then som

Posted Images

1 minute ago, chickenlunch said:

Me neither, but I wasn’t when we signed him. Think he’s one of those that is capable of making worldie saves but then make individual errors like fapping at crosses etc. 

Hopefully he wins us more points then costs us over the season. All you can really ask of a keeper at end of the day.

Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

Me neither, but I wasn’t when we signed him. Think he’s one of those that is capable of making worldie saves but then make individual errors like fapping at crosses etc. 

Hopefully he wins us more points then costs us over the season. All you can really ask of a keeper at end of the day.

Can't beat fapping at a cross... 😂

• Haha 4
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

63% possession but only 6 shots to Stoke's 5. We are not making it count where it matters.

Tbf Stoke are just sitting 10 men behind the ball so it’s hard to create real clear-cut chances. 

7 minutes ago, SimonD said:

In happier news, Sun'lun 1-0 down and down to 10 men

Watching their game in a bar in Nice, few smug looks at the Boro top from a Sunderland family when we went 1 down

Look a bit glum now 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, chickenlunch said:

Neither am I but only regarding crosses. It's like watching Joe Lumley when the ball is crossed. He's just flapping all oover. No presence or bravery.

We played some decent stuff at times there created a few chances but then suicidal defending costs us. Yes it was a foul but us losing possession past half way line should never end up with us with a 1 v 2 at the back one pass later! Where the *** was Bola he had no reason to be so far up the pitch there the break wasn't even on his side. Absolutely shocking discipline. 

A positive note mcgree much better in the 10 and watmore causing problems with his running and ball carrying is leading the line well so far. We're the better side just need to make it count second half. Comon Boro 

• Downsouth changed the title to Stoke City vs Boro 2-2 (Watmore, Jagielka (og) )