oneBoro Forum

Referees performances

She was getting dog's abuse for following the current guidelines correctly with head injuries too.

Some very predictable sexist abuse from sections of the crowd, mostly from people who don't actually understand the current game as well as they think they do.

• Like 1
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm so glad we don't have VAR in the Championship. Assistant referees still have some purpose. Plus, when we score, I can celebrate knowing it won't be chalked off ten minutes later because our strike

Oh aye.  "I swear down gaffer, all I said was 'Pray tell, wherefore didn't thee award a freekick?  I bethink yond wast foul playeth sir.'  and he just went mental and gave me another yellow card.

Ref for Leicester game is Chris Kavanagh, fresh from a run of 15 Prem games during which he has awarded seven penalties, only one of which was against the home team, but that was one of two he gave la

Would say that despite some minor quibbles, Ms Welch nearer the top of this season's lot so far on that showing. Didn't show a lot of empathy to Mr. Bielik after he got "nutted" though 🙂. Way ahead of Stroud and a few others we've had in the recent past.   

• Like 1

Andrew Kitchen will be in charge against Stoke and Graham Scott against Exeter. Kitchen is from Durham and this is his first season at Championship level. Scott has been around for years and has a reputation for being strict on time wasting, dissent and diving so could be a big influence on things 

Felt Mr Scott was pretty decent overall. Didn't see any obvious howlers and allowed enough leeway to enable us to see an exciting game despite the conditions. Dealt with the little flare up after Rogers "retaliated" in the proper manner and kept things from getting out of hand needlessly. Nice to see a game where we can say no complaints on the whole. Didn't appear to be an excess of time-wasting ploys so added minutes reflected injury treatments and subs fairly well.  

• Like 1

shocker from the ref yesterday. never sent the lad who tripped izzy and never give a pen. then gave a foul against latte lath when defender messed up and he ran claen through on goal. replays show he litrally never touched the defender.

cost us 2 points.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Dynamo Kev said:

shocker from the ref yesterday. never sent the lad who tripped izzy and never give a pen. then gave a foul against latte lath when defender messed up and he ran claen through on goal. replays show he litrally never touched the defender.

cost us 2 points.

It's my most hated part of football. Defenders under pressure jumping on the ball and pretending they got fouled - Championship refs buy it EVERY time. An attacker would never get a penalty the other way round.

And I say that knowing Jones and McNair are as bad as anyone for it. 

Edited by SouthernSmoggie
  • Like 2
37 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

It's my most hated part of football. Defenders under pressure jumping on the ball and pretending they got fouled - Championship refs buy it EVERY time. An attacker player would never get a penalty the other way round.

And I say that knowing Jones and McNair are as bad as anyone for it. 

Its getting nearly as bad as attackers throwing themselves to the ground whenever a defender gets near them. Even worse is how often they don't even get booked for it.

• Like 1

Always annoys me when we're winning by a goal and nearing the end of the game, the refs seem to lurch to favouring the away team in their decisions.  Gaj today started handing out yellows like they were candy in the last 10 for delaying play by about 5 seconds. Would never have been an offence earlier in the game, so why is it when we're winning? No consistency. 

• Like 1

he was a poor ref, he layed down a marker for free kicks early on, by blowing for nothing against us. within a few minutes an almost identical foul(in his eyes) was given for us. so he kept that consistency all game. he basically ruined the flow of the game trying to help them. thats how it felt to me. biased ref again. must have been in on the spot fixed halsey said is rife at the fa. 

• 2 weeks later...