oneBoro Forum

Plymouth v Boro 3-3 (Coburn (2) Greenwood)

image.png.15f3209321a4e576f9630fef6e58856a.png

Another trip to Devon but just a few extra miles further away from home will see the mighty Boro play the first competitive game v Plymouth in more than 13 years! 

Plymouth's games so far on their return to the Championship W:4 D:3 L:7 while Boro have W:6 D:2 L:6  - All Plymouth's wins come from home games at Home Park so Boro, with only 3 away wins, will not face a walk over game this time. 

Players to have an eye on: While scrolling through all the Plymouth players, only one of them was known to me: Mustapha Bundu as he used to play in the Danish Super Liga and I might remember Borodane recommending him a few seasons ago 😛 
For Boro it could be worth hoping for Izzy Jones to have a good game as he has been on fire this season!

Hopefully Silvera can come on and play just as well as he did in the Mickey Mouse Cup v Exeter! 

Q's

1: Result and Boro goal scorers?

2: Your chosen 11? Why?

3: Name 3 random facts about Plymouth 

4: How badly did we miss Hackney v Stoke?

5: Are you travelling for this one?

image.thumb.png.cc419b17136acf17c11c8fac89219711.png

A little history for you! 

Remember to participate in the predictions league - Quite a few missed out last round 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The gap exists because Aziz is unmarked.  If Howson or Hackney are there then VDB doesn't move inside like he did and that goal isn't conceded.  That's the only reason he tucks so far in.  He isn't th

heart says 4-0 to the boro but head says 4-0 to the boro

Another trip to Devon but just a few extra miles further away from home will see the mighty Boro play the first competitive game v Plymouth in more than 13 years!  Plymouth's games so far on thei

Posted Images

The last time I went to Plymouth was Mr Anderson's Cup game. Absolutely hoyed it down and a certain Mr Souness looked as though he wanted to change his mind about signing for us. Not a fond memory but enough to remind me that their crowd can definitely play a part in cheering them on, so not a game to take for granted. It is winnable but they will make us earn it if we succeed

1) 1-2

2) Our strongest available .. don't take chances

3) Home to young Barnaby, a well-known Hoe, popular with sailors 🙂

4) A lot

5) No 

• Like 1

1. 1-1 draw, which will be a decent result tbh

2. 1698906877795.thumb.png.87ea61ea22a01b9e68e2e74bfd294b7e.png

Don't see anyone from the Exeter game keeping their place although Bangura and Dijksteel didn't do their chances any harm, but I expect Carrick to revert to his strongest possible XI.

3. Err, it's in Devon, it's got a great aquarium, the Barbican is nice and a bit like an upmarket Whitby harbour

4. Very

5. No

If any game get's called off due to the latest storms then this will be the one as it seems Plymouth will be taking a battering over the next day or two but hopefully not!

I was going to say something else but have forgotten it now!

Oh yes would be good to see some facts and figures from @Erimus74 but he has not been around for a while😐

Need to win this but slowly beginning to think we are better away than at home of late

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Is there a real likelihood that with the latest storm now battering the SW that this game could be called off due to waterlogged pitch?

My thoughts exactly they can protect the pitch but road flooding is another issue safety of fans etc etc

• Like 1

Interesting one this. Does Carrick go back to his "first 11" injuries permitting or does he freshen up anything? Rogers, Latte Lath, Bangura and (to an extent) Dijksteel have all made cases to start. Jones has played a lot of games recently and is looking a bit stale. Fry has also played a lot and maybe could do with a rest. However it felt that the constant change due to injuries did really slow us down against Stoke and Exeter. I think that means we need to keep changes fairly minimal. On that front I would go with:

Dieng

Dijksteel - Fry - McNair - Engel

Howson - Hackney

Jones - Crooks - Greenwood/Rogers

Coburn

There are issues. I think we desperately need Jones for his pace. Silvera is the only equivalent but he really only has one trick which is to cut in from the left so I think Jones keeps the spot.

Coburn and Crooks together can feel horribly slow in the middle and neither is great at pressing from the front. Rogers though doesn't provide much control in the centre (he can be overrun) while Latte Lath doesn't really keep the ball that well. 

Greenwood fades in and out of games while Rogers has come on well recently. I think it's 50/50. Rogers is used to playing on the left and I think that's his best position while Greenwood's best position looks to be more central.

Although RVDB has filled in ok at right back, Dijksteel was really impressive. Bangura also made a good case but I think Engel has done enough to keep the shirt while Bangura may still be rebuilding match fitness.

28 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Interesting one this. Does Carrick go back to his "first 11" injuries permitting or does he freshen up anything? Rogers, Latte Lath, Bangura and (to an extent) Dijksteel have all made cases to start. Jones has played a lot of games recently and is looking a bit stale. Fry has also played a lot and maybe could do with a rest. However it felt that the constant change due to injuries did really slow us down against Stoke and Exeter. I think that means we need to keep changes fairly minimal. On that front I would go with:

Dieng

Dijksteel - Fry - McNair - Engel

Howson - Hackney

Jones - Crooks - Greenwood/Rogers

Coburn

There are issues. I think we desperately need Jones for his pace. Silvera is the only equivalent but he really only has one trick which is to cut in from the left so I think Jones keeps the spot.

Coburn and Crooks together can feel horribly slow in the middle and neither is great at pressing from the front. Rogers though doesn't provide much control in the centre (he can be overrun) while Latte Lath doesn't really keep the ball that well. 

Greenwood fades in and out of games while Rogers has come on well recently. I think it's 50/50. Rogers is used to playing on the left and I think that's his best position while Greenwood's best position looks to be more central.

Although RVDB has filled in ok at right back, Dijksteel was really impressive. Bangura also made a good case but I think Engel has done enough to keep the shirt while Bangura may still be rebuilding match fitness.

I get slated by @macapes if I say anything detrimental about Jones but I agree with you that he seems to have gone off the boil of late and was not really in the Exeter match either.

Perhaps he does need resting

• Like 2

1: Result and Boro goal scorers?

1-2, Coburn and Crooks.

2: Your chosen 11? Why?

It's hard to say without knowing more about the current injury situation, but I'd like to see Engel and Dijksteel at full back with McGree and Hackney in the side if fit.

3: Name 3 random facts about Plymouth 

Never been, don't know anything about it. With the greatest of respect to any Plymouth fans on here, the only Argyll I really care about is the one I lived in for a couple of years as a kid. And yes, I know it's slightly different spelling.

4: How badly did we miss Hackney v Stoke?

Badly. Really badly. Your-first-proper-girlfriend-put-out-last-night-for-the-first-time-and-today-she's-going-to-Australia-on-a-gap-year badly.

5: Are you travelling for this one?

I may travel to the kitchen for some bourbon or potato-based comestibles, but I won't be travelling the 381 miles from north Carlisle to Home Park, let alone the 381 miles back. Mad respect to Boro's away fans, especially considering they were in Exeter on Tuesday...

8 hours ago, Downsouth said:

My thoughts exactly they can protect the pitch but road flooding is another issue safety of fans etc etc

It's OK at the moment watch out for low flying wheelie bins...rain shouldn't be a problem 

12 hours ago, Downsouth said:

If any game get's called off due to the latest storms then this will be the one as it seems Plymouth will be taking a battering over the next day or two but hopefully not!

I was going to say something else but have forgotten it now!

Oh yes would be good to see some facts and figures from @Erimus74 but he has not been around for a while😐

Need to win this but slowly beginning to think we are better away than at home of late

@Downsouth awaiting for confirmation regarding posting photos, which I enjoy 

Since tried a few times & unsuccessful 

Hes a fact, my brother in laws dad played for Plymouth, later Whitby & Synners 

10 hours ago, Downsouth said:

I get slated by @macapes if I say anything detrimental about Jones but I agree with you that he seems to have gone off the boil of late and was not really in the Exeter match either.

Perhaps he does need resting

I think the problem is that we're too quick to write off players and it can be hard to know what players respond best to. All players, especially at this level, go through bad patches. Some players do better when they stay in the team and play their way through it; others need time out. Right now, Jones is having a bit of a dip but he's probably still a better option than anyone else on the right. If Forss was fit, then maybe he would come in but if you have Forss, Crooks and Coburn as 3 of a front 4 it would feel like Pulis reborn.

Jones does play better with Crooks and if Dijksteel keeps his place and is able to hit consistently good form then the right side of the team would be looking shiny.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Plymouth v Boro 3-3 (Coburn (2) Greenwood)