oneBoro Forum

Bristol City vs Boro 3-2 (Viner (og) Crooks)

borobristol.png.64045fec1f64cc1cc48e011cac3a413e.png

Intro

Now that the miserable international break is finally over, we can get back to the real football and watch the boys continue their promotion push. Our next match is against the kings of mid table, Bristol City. As far as grounds go, our record at Ashton Gate is pretty good, and we did draw there last season under Carrick.

image.png.f72dfe752422eccf1577ea8f95b7f426.png

Form and Table:

We enter this game with much better form than our opponents, having picked up 13 points out of 18. Bristol City on the other hand have only managed 7 points. However, they have changed their manager in that time and this will be Liam Manning's 2nd game in charge of the club, so who knows what to expect.

image.png.cd708811fe1031346bbd85d31c0ad4a3.png

The full table looks like this:

image.thumb.png.774fa1667334253e48cbc9a49c5aa090.png

Injuries and suspensions:

Boro:
Marcus Forss (long term)
Tommy Smith (out for the season)
Riley McGree (early december)
Lewis O'Brien (long term)
Lenihan (out for the season)

image.png.09eb3da8537fd3bbeeae127d52a49cb0.png

Bristol City:
Haydon Roberts
Joe Williams
Andy King
Nakhi Wells
Ross McCrorie
Rob Atkinson
Ayman Benarous

View from the other side:

Unfortunately they haven't created a thread either so I've got nothing for this section ūüėě will update when they do

Questions:
1. How did you cope without club football during the international break?
2. Now that Lenihan is out for the season, what should be our starting back 4 going forward?
3. Starting 11?
4. Score prediction and goalscorers?
5. Favourite thing to come from Bristol?

• Like 7
  • Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Annoying result today but wild how negative and woe is me the attitude is on here. If you look at how we went about our summer business, i think it's obvious that we are building a team to challenge o

Intro Now that the miserable international break is finally over, we can get back to the real football and watch the boys continue their promotion push. Our next match is against the kings of mid

We do have some recurring themes such as a very poor first half which could be mitigated for if it wasn't for the fact it costs us repeatedly and only Wednesday have a worst record. Our inability to d

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Lenihan's injury has no impact on the back 4 right now. He's not first choice.

I'm interested in seeing a bit more of Bangura. Whether he deserves to start over Engel is another question mind.

Well if you're being pedantic then yeah, but only because he's been injured a few weeks.

Saying he wasn't first choice is disingenuous, he started every game before that injury.

• Like 4

If we're being pedantic he was on the bench against Cardiff and Sunderland..

Notwithstanding the pedantry, he wouldn't walk back into the team right now. I think that's fair comment and the original intent of my previous post.

Edited by Humpty

as long as we defend well and limit space for teams, we'll win most games, even when we dont limit space we win. looks like we have uped our defensive game and expect us to give them little. hopefully we can covert chances into goals and win. 

going for 3-1 boro. coburn brace and late latte lath strike to seal the win.

we be well on top concede against the run of play to go 1-0 down bring it back to 2-1 and have a few nervous moments before sealing it late on with a break away goal.

Surely we are due a decent performance at Ashton Gate, we always seem to go into our shells when we play there. Interesting stats this week about our first half performances almost on a par with Sheffield Wednesday for going behind. Carrick needs to address that and have his side coming out fighting from the off if we are to make the Play Offs.

1. How did you cope without club football during the international break?

Totally ignored it, the "Internationals" are utterly pointless to me nowadays and have no desire to watch them of be even bothered to find out results. I think England played a team of Waiters last weekend and then went on to play Bricklayers, School Teachers and part time Factory Workers. Probably a slight exaggeration on my part but honestly have no clue who was playing who other than I picked up moans about Southgate and time for him to go so I'm guessing nobody was thrashed 8-0. 

2. Now that Lenihan is out for the season, what should be our starting back 4 going forward?

Same at it has been over the last few games. I think Lenihan is our best CB but the Fry and McNair combo has been just as effective, synergy can be a wonderful thing at times.

3. Starting 11?

Dieng, RVB, Fry, McNair, Engel, Jones Howson, Hackney, Crooks, Greenwood, Coburn.

Personally I'd like to see Dijksteel back in to link up with Jones and Crooks, something that Carrick hasn't seen and I think he might be surprised (synergy again). I just know Greenwood will be garbage again and ominous by his absence and just as many of us are getting on his back he will pop up with the winner.

4. Score prediction and goalscorers?

3-1 to Boro, Coburn, Crooks and Greenwood

5. Favourite thing to come from Bristol?

Clifton suspension bridge and the Hot Air balloons (fantastic spectacle to witness).

• Like 2

1. Take the opportunity to relax without the stress of approaching matchday nagging away at the back of my head.

2. Not going to happen for a while but eventually I want it to be Dijksteel, Fry, Rav, Bangura. 

3. Same as Dingleberry Ziegbot's. Maybe Barlaser for Howson. Can't decide on that.

4. 4-2 Boro. 

5. Darth Vader, Fry's chocolate, Massive Attack. And maybe Banksy.

• Like 1

1) Went on holiday, had a brief "am I missing Boro's game?" on Saturday then realised I wasn't.
2) Probably Engel/McNair/Fry/VDB. It will be interesting when Clarke reaches fitness though, it's easy to forget how promising he was before the injury.
3) I think Carrick will go with: Dieng; Engel, McNair, Fry, VDB; Hackney, Howson; Greenwood, Crooks, Jones; Coburn. It's not quite the team I'd go with (I'm on the Barlaser over Howson train until either one gives me a reason to think otherwise and I'd love to see ELL get some gametime), but I think it's what we'll get.
4) Hate this bit. I'm usually on the positive side but Bristol are on a new manager who's had time to drill his team over the break, and I think they'll be up for it. Let's say 1-1, go 1-0 down but Morgan Rogers off the bench with a late equaliser.
5) I feel like my best friend would be very upset if I didn't say his godson, so let's go with that.

41 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Carrick's said that McGree and Forss still face weeks out - but neither has had a season ender like Lenihan.

Sounds like McGree is perhaps a bit closer to being back than Forss.

McGree is supposedly suffering from Plantar Fasciitis which is extremely painful and debilitating but he does seem to have been a very long time out with the problem which leads  me to begin to think that there is something more going on.  

• Downsouth changed the title to Bristol City vs Boro 3-2 (Viner (og) Crooks)