oneBoro Forum

Early Bird Season Ticket renewals

I will be renewing at £510 but am looking forward to it coming down soon as I 63 this year.  Had my season ticket since 88 when couldnt get in to the 2nd game in the Everton trilogy. Its obviously a habit, but also I go with a couple of friends and you would lose touch with them.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For info, the meeting tonight was MSF + Red Faction + Steve + Neil Bausor + other club reps. It was a passionate meeting with lots of views aired.  There will be a likely joint statement from the

This really is a massive development from where we were a few years ago, everyone involved in the continuing fight and getting the fans to the table and being able to sit there and have frank discussi

Really poor that the meeting with supporters has not been shared with the wider fanbase...you know, the other 26,800 or so.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I was trying to work out if there was a reason that they keep moving the deadline forward.  They moved it forward last season as well by a couple of weeks, and now they've done the same again.  I can't believe it to be the case but are they trying to force people from early renewal to pay the higher prices instead?

Some may have no choice, but given the fact more games than ever will end up not kicking off at 3pm and will be shown on Sky TV, I would not pay the higher fees if in that position. The club will still have all its stadium running costs to pay and it will know that some will choose the watch on sky option anyway, I think they are just putting a finger in the air and expecting diehards to stump up extra to help Gibson meet the anticipated drop off in ST sales. It is a hell of a gamble and probably explains why a striker never came in as the money for Rogers and Crooks may need some of it diverting elsewhere and if it does, I can see recruitment being lower quality hoping for an occasional gem. If not VDB or Hackney (or both will be next to go when a half decent offer comes in) Just my opinion, hope I’m wrong.

https://x.com/RF08/status/1757117384312135869?s=20

RF planning mass protest action. I'll certainly be onboard. £394 to £510 in FOUR YEARS in the south stand, deadline for early bird renewal 5/6 months before the start of the season, announced without a single accompanying comment from the club about our ambitions for next year or the season for yet another hike, nothing from Gibson, Bauser, anyone... the silence is deafening. If we do nothing it will only continue year on year. I'm expecting a boycott for Plymouth, which i'll happily sit out for seeing that we're going nowhere this season. Sick to death of the club taking us for fools. Enough is enough!

• Like 4

Theyve had to move it forward before the links to Rafa Mujica and Jashari hit the papers obviously 

Can charge a higher price A.W (After Warchest) 

1 hour ago, boro-unger said:

I don't want this to come across as a defence of the price rises, but some points from the meeting MSF had with the club last Monday:
- We were told about the price rises, however were not told about when they would be announced or that the deadline would be moved forward.
- The clubs reasoning behind the price rises were to cover the increased cost of running the stadium/non-playing staff wages. The rise in minimum wage and inflation are going to cost the club an extra ~£500k this season. The ticket price rises will cover this increase.
- The club are looking into a better/cheaper cost-spreading option (than the finance currently offered) and had wanted to get it sorted for this release. The club recently renewed their ticket provider contract with seatgeek after a tender process, and there wasn't time to finalise the payment plan before today's release.

Could they not have delayed the release for another week or two then? MFC not telling the attendees at the meeting when they were going to be released or the deadline seems a bit insulting.

Edited by Redcar Rioja
20 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

6 Home wins is the real PR disaster!

Lost more than we've won.  Conceded more than we've scored.  It's not been the best season at the Riverside to put it mildly.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Could they not have delayed the release for another week or two then? MFC telling the attendees at the meeting when they were going to be released or the deadline seems a bit insulting.

They possibly could have, but I'm not sure how long the new payment scheme will take to introduce.

The short deadline is certainly something we will raise. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

They possibly could have, but I'm not sure how long the new payment scheme will take to introduce.

Its all well and good raising it now, but what are the club going to do about? In short, there is nothing that they can do until next season as the corporate wheels are already in motion. 
As for the excuse around the pricing structure, well that's just poppycock! I suspect that the plan was to bring the date forward and as long as there was not blockers that would stop the release date then it was going to be today. 

Its kinda ironic that the tickets only impact the fans, yet sweetening the deal for the fans was not considered, or was low enough down the list that it wasn't considered a concern.

Edited by JonnyMFC
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

This isn't meant as a dig at you guys, but when you raise it at the next meeting the early bird deadline will have already passed by three days.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, boro-unger said:

The clubs reasoning behind the price rises were to cover the increased cost of running the stadium/non-playing staff wages. The rise in minimum wage and inflation are going to cost the club an extra ~£500k this season. The ticket price rises will cover this increase.

I wonder if that £500K factors in the lost Season Ticket sales as well? Two to three thousand lost sales at £500 a go seems to be a bit more on my calculator than £500K, in fact far more than double it at least. If they thought they would get the same number of ST sales then it maybe stacks up but sounds more like minimising their anticipated income loss on ST sales.

Thinking about it, the bringing forward of it was probably based on beating Rotherham, Sunderland and Bristol at home and it then being the optimum tipping point for euphoria especially based on remaining fixtures.

1 minute ago, JonnyMFC said:

Its all well and good raising it now, but what are the club going to do about? In short, there is nothing that they can do until next season as the corporate wheels are already in motion. 

I'm not saying they will do anything, but I can imagine they could extend the deadline if they want to. 

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

This isn't meant as a dig at you guys, but when you raise it at the next meeting, the early bird deadline will have already passed by three days.

No digs taken. We can raise it before the next official meeting via other channels of communication with the club. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

It's almost as if they didn't know they were going out to tender 🤣

• Like 1